EPIPHANY! A New Take on the Major Arcana

rwcarter

:bugeyed: Thanks for bumping this Floss. I hadn't forgotten about it (in fact I have many file folder's worth of info related to the Seven Stations staring at me), but my first reaction to seeing this pop up was, "Oh WOW!"

Maybe having this bumped up will bring dangerdork out of the woodwork again.... :angel:

Rodney

Floss

Daaaangerdooooork .... where aaaaaarreee yooooouu ......

He hasn't been active here since July last year (bad sign ..) perhaps if we all yell loud enough he'll hear us ... there's enough fabulous info in this thread for a small BOOK ... I can see it now ... The Seven Stations Dangerdork/Carter - buy now on Amazon ...!!

KafkasGhost

I am happy that this is resurrected, too, as it pertains to the recent discussion about Majors only decks:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=133592

...for anyone who might have doubts that using (not just collecting) majors only decks offers scanty readings...

rwcarter

Floss said:
Daaaangerdooooork .... where aaaaaarreee yooooouu ......

He hasn't been active here since July last year (bad sign ..) perhaps if we all yell loud enough he'll hear us ... there's enough fabulous info in this thread for a small BOOK ... I can see it now ... The Seven Stations Dangerdork/Carter - buy now on Amazon ...!!
Last time I bumped the thread he got a notification cause he has thread watching turned on for this thread. Hopefully that's still the case and he'll pop back in to see what's going on.

This is definitely a dangerdork production. I'm just a cheerleader.... :D

rwcarter said:
I believe that all of the Majors should interrelate to one another in some way shape or form. It's just up to us to figure out how.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned it earlier in the thread but I'm too lazy right now to search for it, so I'll grab this bit of text. I'm currently doing an Intensive Deck Study (IDS) with the Mythic Tarot (my first deck almost 20 years ago). The Majors in this deck have been re-ordered, so it will be interesting to see if the structure of the Seven Stations holds up when the Majors are in a different ordering beyond the 8/11 issue....

Rodney

Floss

rwcarter said:
This is definitely a dangerdork production. I'm just a cheerleader.... :D
Rodney

You never know ... he might let you write the Foreword, or the Afterword, or the Intro ... or the rah rah this-is-a-wondrous-read blurb on the back cover .... d'ya like the way I have a book already written and we haven't seen dangerdork yet??? ;)

cbfdoll

I love this thread!

Just adding to the mix:

1) Expanding on your cardinal virtues idea, when I look down this row w/ 02, 05, 08, 11, 14, 17, 20 it really does seem like the separation of Virtues into every 3rd position could have been intentional as you pointed out, &/or at least in the Marseille ordering. But is it also possible that this schematic could have been originally intended to show more than just the named Virtues, but even to imply ALL 7?

02 Popess = Prudence(?)
05 Pope = Faith
08 Justice
11 Fortitude
14 Temperance
17 Star= Hope
20 Judgment = Charity(?)

2) Also, what if this 3x7 division could also show Cardinal, Fixed & Mutable groupings? These two rows look like interesting candidates anyway:

Row 1: Fixed Signs/Planetary Rulers

01 Magician = Venus/Taurus (thinking of Erhard Schon's 2nd House)
04 Emperor = Sun/Leo (King = Leo)
07 Chariot = Mars/Scorpio (Mantegna's Mars Card)
10 Wheel = Saturn/Aquarius (Schon's 11th House)
13 Death = Mars/Scorpio
16 Tower = Saturn/Aquarius (Lightning?); or Mars/Scorpio
19 Sun = Sun/Leo

Row 3: Cardinal Signs/Rulers

03 Empress = Venus/Libra; or Moon (as counterpart to Emperor Sun?)
06 Lovers = Venus/Libra (Schon's 7th house)
09 Hermit = Saturn/Capricorn? or Moon/Cancer (Schon's 4th house Hermit)
12 Hanged Man = Mars/Aries? or Venus/Libra (7th house of open enemies)
15 Devil = Saturn/Capricorn
18 Moon = Moon/Cancer
21 World = Saturn/Capricorn (MC?); or Mars/Aries (ASC?)

Some cards appear to align with this better (maybe) than others, but it's still fun to consider in context with Dangerdork's interesting re-division of the Majors. Cool stuff!

cbfdoll

dangerdork

Guess who?

I'm glad to see people are still interested in these ideas.

Tarot has been a lifelong hobby for me and part of my relationship with the cards has always been sabbaticals... I go away from the tarot for long periods, but I always come back. I'm back!

I need to get back up to speed on the Seven Stations, but I'm looking forward to stimulating discussions in 2010.

Special shout out to Rodney for carrying the torch.

love to all,

DD

cardlady22

Hip hip . . . . hooray!
I knew there was a reason I hadn't hopped offline yet. :laugh:

dangerdork

Looks like you've joined since I was active, CardLady. Pleased to meet you and looking forward to discussions / Readings.

rwcarter

He's baaaaaaccccckkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party: :party: :party:

I'm almost to the point where I can see if the Seven Stations makes sense with the Mythic Tarot since the Majors have a different order in that deck.

Rodney