Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

Chronata

I'm finding stuff in my house to send...and what I can't find I'm going to make!

hee hee

kaleanna

I have found quite a bit of odds and ends. I guess I will have to put them in a bag and draw em out to see who gets what, LOL. How are you all going to decide which odd or end goes to which person?

kaleanna

cardlady22

Once we know how the possible groups of participants are divided, I plan on asking which wants to go to which. I might even cheat a bit and use any available birthdate data on Profiles to see what Playing Card they are.

Cat*

Mi-Shell just pointed me to this thread and I'd love to participate...

HOWEVER, I just did some calculating and I simply can't justify spending so much money on postage, no matter how wonderful the idea is. :( I'd end up with over €80/$100 for shipping alone if I send stuff to 15 people most of whom live in the USA/Canada/Australia (even if I allow for a few inner-European packages)... Even half of that would still be a steep "price" for a surprise oracle in my book.

So unfortunately I'll have to refrain from signing up for this, as much as I regret that (and I would offered to take ALL the bones needing a new home! ;)). But I simply can't think of a way to tweak the structure of this exchange that would make it more accessible to me and not completely ruin the basic idea.

I hope you don't read this as me trying to spoil your fun! :) I'll be watching from the sidelines, and I'll still go and make my own bag of junk oracle items. It's about time anyway. But I thought I'd still post my thoughts because they may be valuable for others who initiate similar exchanges in the future...

Chronata

I was concerned about that too, Cat.

Being once more without funds, I am hoping and praying that I have enough by the time these need to ship!

I was wondering if maybe it might be fun to do a chain?

have a bunch of stuff that you send to one person...then that person keeps what they like, and adds more to replace what they take and sends it to the next person and so on?

Maybe it wouldn't work for this one...but it might be a fun (and not so costly) for a future exchange!

Apollonia

kaleanna said:
I have found quite a bit of odds and ends. I guess I will have to put them in a bag and draw em out to see who gets what, LOL. How are you all going to decide which odd or end goes to which person?

kaleanna
I'm going to use my pendulum.

Satori

I promise the groups won't be more than 9 people each or less. We'll have two or three groups just to defray the costs!!!! Stay Cat*! I think we should all try to stay here and keep everyone who wants to try this. I promise, small groups!!!

Satori

Right now we are one shy of 20 people. I can randomize 4 groups of 5 people each. As new people sign up they will form the remaining groups, each a total of five. I can try to keep the European folks together, or find those of us who don't mind sending to Europe to add to the European group or put other Europeans in with Americans! If we have more than one European group I can make it so that they don't have to send to the USA with a smaller group if necessary.

I think with 5 per group it can work.

kaleanna

I unfortunately am going to have to withdraw from this. Something came up and I will not be able to afford to do this :( I am not happy that I have to withdraw.

ETA: I just saw the post about keeping it 5 to a group and I might be able to do that, I just won't be able to send to a big group unfortunately.

kaleanna