Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

thorhammer

A group of five sounds totally doable to me :) I'd be happy for that to be the benchmark.

I think size-wise, a walnut would be totally doable. Some of the things I picked up yesterday are a little larger than that, but none seem (to me) too big. I agree that a standard sort of button is a bit small :D but a fancy schmancy button might be nice.

I've been scouring my house this morning and I have nothing :( not that I've kept, anyway. I seem to recall that I have had some beauties over the years but they get left behind or lost :( sometimes being a purger isn't such a good thing . . . *sob*

\m/ Kat

kaleanna

I have found some mismatched jewelry items that I keep throwing into a bag as I have been cleaning so I have that, I also have some small toy animals and as time goes on I am sure that I will find more items as we have WAY too much stuff and so I will get a basket that will hold all items suitable for this will go in there so that I do not misplace the items as I continue to declutter my house.

rhombchick

I've started collecting things.
I have one item that is large-ish... bit larger than a walnut but smaller than say palm size. I can't wait to see who it ends up with.
I don't think postage will be too much really. They're only going to be small items and they should fit into those small padded envelopes someone mentioned earlier, though some of mine will probably even fit into a standard envelope.

March 10 is so far away :(

I was sad when I found out there would only be 5 in a group, but glad that we can send more items now.
I've also made a large bag for someone. Depending on what themes people come up with, I'll have to pick the person it;s most suited to and send it to them.

This is so much fun!

Wish I had a little girl instead of a little boy, then I'd have something other than toy cars and tractor parts to send.....

Mellaenn

What a trip going through the house for goodies for this project. I found a bunch of cool things, and I have to confess that some have personal meaning and I'm going to hold on to them for my collection. But for my partners, I've got a good pile already.

However...if they give me some requirements (e.g., all items must be blue, or natural, or what have you) I may need to do some more looking. As for me, I'm not sure what my theme will be, but I'll ponder it for awhile; I hadn't thought of that. I was going to just use the random set of whatever I receive! But I like the idea of categories.

Mi-Shell

Before going to bed -
I read the whole thread.....

I do have a Siberian Drum Oracle, like the ones my people use, but not with sheep knuckles but with small meaningful pieces collected over a few years.
It has to be 41 pieces. It contains a Bear claw and a Wolf’s tooth and a few other rather personal items.
But using it over the years I find there are a few pieces that are more Powerful in their message-giving than others.
And the ting is, I happen to have several more of these items, very similar in power, that I can not use and that I always wanted to pass on to other SERIOUS diviners.....
For example I have several ancient pottery shards from the ruins of Teotihuacan, collected in the Agave fields behind the “Pyramid of the Magician”.
From the tailings coming from a test dig just across from the Pyramid of the Moon I have quite a few fragments of Obsidian knifes. These rigorously cut to the truth of the matter with a precision like the one from Tezcalipoca, the Smoking Mirror..
I fully realize, that these are not necessarily energies that many of you guys would want to work with -
but - iffff .... Let me know....

Mi-Shell

Oh, and I am very glad, that we will have smaller groups for this now! - 15 parcels was my concern too:(
But 5 are GREAT!!!!

Mellaenn

Mi-Shell said:
I have quite a few fragments of Obsidian knifes. These rigorously cut to the truth of the matter with a precision like the one from Tezcalipoca, the Smoking Mirror..
Oh, my, that would be incredible, Mi-Shell! That would probably not match with a plastic toy of big red lips and clown feet! :grin:

ETA - By the way, I am just being a smarty-pants. really, my heart leapt when I read of these fragments, so maybe if I am lucky I will be a in group with MiShell!

Anam Cara

Chronata said:
I have done sortilege and junk readings many different ways!

You can cast them on a cloth, like Cardlady says...and a cloth with symbols makes it even easier!

or you can just reach in the bag and what comes to your hand, is what you read.

or you can shake the bag and see what falls out...and where...

Or you can lay out objects and use a pendulum...or a cat...to choose which ones that need to be read.

I like doing sortilege for other people...especially if they don't know what's in the bag ahead of time! Make them choose their own reading.
One other way to read (and perhaps to choose items
for their recipient) is to place the "flotsam & jetsam
(I love these terms!) inside a tambourine or hand drum

(everyone has one, right? ;))

The underside of my tambourine is marked
into 8 sections like a pie...I place all the charms,
trinkets, etc. in the center and jiggle the tambourine
up and down gently (don't peek!) - the pieces will
spread out across the surface...

When you "feel" you're done (3-7 bounces are
usually enough for me), look and see in which
section each item ended up...

I love the sound it makes as it's shaken,
and how it keeps all the items contained...
:)

What a wonderful idea to put 5 participants
in each group! If my fellow group members
list preferences, I'll try to choose items
that fit their likes and dislikes before
bringing out the tambourine!

:heart:Cara

kaleanna

Mi-Shell said:
Before going to bed -
I read the whole thread.....

IAnd the ting is, I happen to have several more of these items, very similar in power, that I can not use and that I always wanted to pass on to other SERIOUS diviners.....
For example I have several ancient pottery shards from the ruins of Teotihuacan, collected in the Agave fields behind the “Pyramid of the Magician”.
From the tailings coming from a test dig just across from the Pyramid of the Moon I have quite a few fragments of Obsidian knifes. These rigorously cut to the truth of the matter with a precision like the one from Tezcalipoca, the Smoking Mirror..
I fully realize, that these are not necessarily energies that many of you guys would want to work with -
but - iffff .... Let me know....
Mi-Shell,

Those sound really fascinating, and my goodness, that would be incredible.

kaleanna

rhombchick

I've found some more junk, but some of my junk, is a little used looking, but I suppose that's the meaning of junk.
The only think I am worried about is how some of my items will handle being around other items... like one is a magnet...
Hmm.... guess we'll know when we know what groups/themes we are doing