Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

Mellaenn

Wendywu said:
I
I like bones and teeth and things .....
I think we have some shark's teeth that we found when the Peace River was so low you could search the river bottom with your eyes. I'll have to ask hubby.

I am in the US but I can post anywhere worldwide, btw.

So far I have found:

Beach glass and shells (I love in Florida)
Crystals we mined in Arkansas
Coins I collected from E. Caribbean & Bahamas
Tiny toy bears
A plastic astronaut, big plastic red lips with feet :grin:
Big longish blue beads with mystical designs on them
Wine charms from around the world (Eiffel tower, Tower of London etc)
Etc, etc, etc

And my own collection is coalescing into:

The metals (key, heart locket, coins, metal button with anchor, Ring of Power from the Place that Shall Not be Named Where I Worked for 24 Years before they unceremoniously dumped my a**)
The naturals
Shells and beach glass collected by moi
Crystals Mined by me and hubby
Cool shaped/colored stones from my collection

Mellaenn

Anam Cara said:
The underside of my tambourine is marked
into 8 sections like a pie...I place all the charms,
trinkets, etc. in the center and jiggle the tambourine
up and down gently (don't peek!) - the pieces will
spread out across the surface...

When you "feel" you're done (3-7 bounces are
usually enough for me), look and see in which
section each item ended up...

I love the sound it makes as it's shaken,
and how it keeps all the items contained...
:)
:heart:Cara
By the way, I love this method of casting; it does sound charming. I don't have a tambourine anymore (not since 1974) :) but that gives me some ideas.

Chronata

OOh! LOVE the tambourine method of casting!
I do that during the summer when I work at the Ren faire. (I use a drum, and my talismans!)

So. Last night, without even really trying...I came up with about 65 items for oracles!
Some acrylic "jewels", lots of little metal charms, polished stones, bones, little figurines, painted glass talismans, sculpey talismans, coins...and some really weird stuff too!

They are starting to fall together into their own sets...
an anthropology set...a girlie charm set, a fantasy creatures set, a natural world set...

I also rediscovered an oracle I forgot I had (my lovely Copper Ingot oracle set!) and invented a new one! (the Useless Token Oracle!)

Satori

OK. Me again.

I have another favor to ask of you all.

Look over the list of who is in this wonderful mish mash of floating junkets and let me know the answer, via PM, to the following question:

If you could pick your ideal group of participants who would be in your group?

Two rules to this little exercise:
-No one but me will ever see this PM so be honest.
-If everyone puts me in their group I will know you are all trying to be politically correct and I will come for you.

I'm having the devil's own time randomizing this thing. I may use Scion's Train randomizer and just count off five as you go down the list, but then that doesn't account for the off-continent folk.

As it sits now each group of the off continent folk will have US folk in their groups, but it isn't looking even.

If there are folks wouldn't mind larger groups also PM me that info and I may make a larger group of those folks. I think the recipe is coming together, and I think I can keep all of us in a group that makes us all happy! ;) It is sort of like a puzzle, fitting together the right pieces to make a happy whole! :party::royal::party:

Satori

Anthropology set? Did she say Anthropology set????
:bugeyed:

Apollonia

Hi, Satori! I'm in the US and would prefer to mail to the US if possible. Thanks!
Apollonia

Chronata

well, since I am putting it out to the Universe that There Will Be Money to mail these...then why not a whole lotta money? :D

So I am willing to go global.

Milfoil

Ah, now things are open again, I will be glad to sign up.

I've noticed that sending things around the globe can be a long, time consuming process. Some things have taken 3 months to get to their destination! Knowing this, I wonder if sending to those in our own locality may be worth considering simply for logistical reasons as well as cost.

I'm in the UK and as many of you may already have gathered, 'natural' things ranging from stones and shells to bones, teeth and other less well accepted items are special to me. If you don't mind being on the receiving end of such curious items then please count me in.

:)

Satori

Yeah we have Milfoil and that makes 20!

I am very much interested in the way that this process is unfolding. My husband is skeptical about how I will get this to work for everyone and keep it affordable, however I think we are working well together as a group mind by being flexible.

I'm willing to send to Europe or Australia. I don't mind being part of a larger Northern Continental group either, so that would be Canada, North America and why not South America!

If we have a mix of North American and Europe or Australia I think I'd like to see the group go to 6, with 3 of each.

Once I have the majority of people emailing their preferences I'll finalize the groups. I know that I won't make everyone happy, but I'm hoping to have at least 2-3 of your choices in your groups. If you don't send me your choices I'll just randomize you into the groups that I create after I get the majority of the preferences.

NorthernTigress

I've made a list, and we have:

12 USA
2 Canada
3 Australia
2 UK
1 Germany (Aulruna, you always stand out in any group :D )

And it has also occurred to me, even though the groups are 5 people, each person is only sending to 4 people. Well, you can find a couple of items for yourself, but you don't have to send them anywhere. :joke: