Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

Satori

I actually think this is a great way to tell folks about ourselves. Tell us what you really would never ever want to get. Then the other end of the spectrum is wide open!!

Plus I am a great believer that until you hold it in your hand you just don't know if it is YOURS.

I gotta tell you, that for me the limit is a hard thing. If I have 5 items that keep telling me, "Thorhammer, thorhammer, THORHAMMER!!!!"

Then Thor is gonna get the five things!

Aulruna

Hmmm, I have no objections to anything right now. I can't really see myself read with pink hearts and cherubs, but on the other hand, I had battles with some Tarot cards too and grew from them ... so maybe some dissonant elements are part of the whole experience.

I love found objects, and the only thing I'm afraid of is that I will feel compelled to use them in my artwork instead of the divination kit :bugeyed:

Love the idea of a theme ... mine could be "Expansion".

Satori

I have finished the groups with the people who are signed up to date.

I am closing the thread. I can't stand any more waiting!!!!

Mi-Shell

What Thorhammer said stands for me too:
I'd just like to echo those who've said, angel-fairy-mermaid-sparkly-unicorn Doreen Virtue-type stuff is probably not the way to go for me

The skull of a Mouse
is welcome in my house!
Stone, bone and tooth
intuition sets loose!:)

Wish bone of a Chicken
my mind will start ticking!
Leather fur and feather
my senses un-tatter

An ancient old coin
from a purse at your loin
will speak of wants and needs
- and I soo do love seeds!

A gem from Mother Earth
finds a home at my hearth
but modern stufff and plastic - ??
I consider it caustic :(

Chronata

what? No one wants my sparkly faeries and unicorns...or my tiny rubber pope?
:D

(yes, I have a tiny rubber pope!)

That's ok...becuase I have about 100 items to sift through now!

Apollonia

I'm pleased to see that I have been placed in a group already!

I'm pretty open as to objects. The only things I don't really connect with would be whole dead animals of any type, like dried or taxidermied (I do like bones, though), and items that are Disney-ish or pop culture oriented.

For some reason, the theme for my kit is coming through as "Ancient Reflections," so I'll go with that.

I wanted to add that I tend to confuse easily when confronted with a series of tasks, so can someone please tell me what I need to do next?

Satori

Groups have been posted. I don't know if I should run for cover or sit and beam with a beatific smile on my face. I hope I created good groups, and that everyone will enjoy their hauls!

I made up funny names for each group based on the crazy thoughts in my head at the moment. I may change to Lava lamps to the Majorettes....hmmm.

Now, should we continue in separate threads? Or stay right here?

Mellaenn

How about separate threads, but maybe we come back here and post a link at the point where you listed the groups.

The group names are fun, by the way! (You could have used a Sorting Hat!)

Satori

Mellaenn said:
How about separate threads, but maybe we come back here and post a link at the point where you listed the groups.

The group names are fun, by the way! (You could have used a Sorting Hat!)
I'm on it! :D

Mellaenn

Chronata said:
what? No one wants my sparkly faeries and unicorns...or my tiny rubber pope?
:D
No worries, Chronata, I'm open to these things, and I'm in your group. The pope would be really cool for a major arcana oracle (although that's not where mine is going now, I think...not quite sure of the theme yet)!