Satori

The Mermaids of BabbleOn
SherryZoned-USA
Elven-AUS
Chronata-USA
franniee-USA
Mellaenn-USA

Howdy Mermaids! Make your home here!

Swap ideas for your kits, post your definite No-No's and later when the kits have been mailed and adored, we'll do our reading circles.

You have one week to assemble your goods. The first person in your list gets her goodies first. I leave it up to you to make sure you trade addresses, but will check back to make sure no one gets left behind!!!

Feel free to pop into the other rooms and see what is going on in there. We are a family and we need to stay connected. Use the main thread for group discussion as well.

Have fun!

Chronata

Yay! What a great group we are! I have so much stuff!

So please let me know what your themes are!

I don't really have one in mind for myself.
I just love stuff. shiny, interesting...stuff.
The kind of stuff that you might find a crow or magpie collecting

I also love stuff with a story...so if you can tell me a little something about the objects you are sending me...that would be wonderful! Even if it's just where you happened to find it! (in the park, at a thrift store, under the couch!)

So I can say...yes! this wonderful bit came from Elven's basement! Or Franniee's kid...

Ok...so I guess I DO have a theme after all...
Crow Stories! :D

franniee

I agree with Chronata.... I am open to anything and all things. I love shiny! I love stones and shells and anything with a story. I am game! :heart: Good to be paired with you all! :)

Mellaenn

Wow, Satori does not mess around, does she? I'm thrilled to be with all of you guys and I have to tell you that I have become a little obsessed with my F&J item hunt today. I love this idea!

Since I am a packrat, I have lots of stuff, too. I seem to have several different collections going, but my main collection is the set of small metal items. I have items like a key and a foreign coin and a heart pendant in that one.

I'm into any little thing you find, really, even little plastic toys, angels, or fairies. I love crystals of all kinds. I hear you on the interesting, too.

Guess we need to knock on SherryZoned's door to see what she would like from us!

Also, I think we can link this back to the "Mother Thread" so let me see if I can do a proper job of that. ETA - Damn, she's good - Satori took care of that, too!

Elven

Oh wow! I am so thrilled to be in this fantastic group! USA here I come! LOL!

I am open to anything being sent, but heres one idea.

Old War (they dont have to be actual war memrobilia, just represtations of them), like: medals, coins, buckles, stamps, buttons, eyelets, radio parts, watch/clock parts, toy soldiers, bullet casing (no bullets :p), toy jeep, red cross etc.

The only restriction (Australian Customs) is that the postal service will conviscate anything which is 'animal or vegetable' (basically) - so I cant except fur, feathers and bones, seeds or flowers, unless they're specifically packaged for postal overseas - like in acrylic blocks or something :p, oh and no weapons of mass destruction :p

Is there a specific amount of things we send each person?
Just thought I'd better check :D

Looking forward to getting your little F&J bundles together.

and a big thanks to Satori for all the work gone into organizing such an exciting exchanege :heart:

Blessings
Elven x

SherryZoned

Ok I had to go back and read haha..I like nature based stuff, metals, no tumbled stones i have tons already...i do like raw stones, bones, pottery...but honestly if it is something not nature based i am not going to throw a fit! If you think it should come whether it fits my theme or not do it.! This is why I am always wary of putting what I like in a box..feel free to go outside the box if you want!

Heading back to the mother ship thread.

franniee

Hey guys I don't understand one thing..... why can't I send all the packages out at the same time? Why does the first person get the package first?

I am going on a hunt around the house and see what I find but I am figuring at least 5 items to each person. Then we will have a nice assortment to use for the readings. :heart:

This whole thing reminds me of Mama JuJu. I had this wonderful reading from this awesome unique person - Mama JuJu at the first Reader's studio I went to and she would collect a whole bunch of junk and brew it in a cauldron and then portion it into bags.... You would pick a bag based on what you wanted to pay.... I can't remember the prices but there were a few tiers. Anyway she would open the bag and read the contents. Each bag was unique and you picked your bag without knowing what was inside. It was awesome! She was very eclectic and had such a wonderful energy. I still have my bag I could find items in it to send to you all.... She would scour all sorts of junk stores and pick up this and that and mix them together. It was so much fun!

Today I am going to the beach for an Autocross and hopefully I'll get to comb the sand and see what I find! :D

Mellaenn

franniee said:
Hey guys I don't understand one thing..... why can't I send all the packages out at the same time? Why does the first person get the package first?
Yeah, let's get with Satori on her vision of that again. But I would love to send out my bundles to all at the same time and especially to you, dear Elven, as yours will take a bit to get there.

(btw - thanks for connecting us back to the Mother Ship! I saw Satori had links over there to us, but never thought of doing it the other way around.) :)

Elven

Hi BabbleOnians :D

So, just getting my brain in line on this ... the first person on the list gets their bag sent first? Do we send them on the same day?

Cheers
Elven x