Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

Satori

First of all let me tell you that creating the groups was a fairly quick process, and everyone fell together nicely. I hope that people appreciate that the idea too is that you have people in your groups that are different from you so that you can get a fresh perspective on your likes and hopefully find some things that you wouldn't have thought of.

I think that Aulruna's post is very much in line with what we are doing here:

Aulruna said:
Hmmm, I have no objections to anything right now. I can't really see myself read with pink hearts and cherubs, but on the other hand, I had battles with some Tarot cards too and grew from them ... so maybe some dissonant elements are part of the whole experience.

If we only get the absolute perfect item for us it won't necessarily really be reflective of life, the world, how things really happen in real life. For the Shaman, perhaps a piece of plastic is indicative of something useful in an oracle? If it is the right piece of plastic?

I'm just suggesting to remain open to the process! ;)

cardlady22

I do think it's important to keep an undercurrent of the recipient's theme in mind. Yet, when I design sets of things I am very aware of needing something's complementary or polar opposite.

More than half the fun of getting my little odds and ends will be searching out references & lore that can help me associate "new" concepts with them.

Satori

cardlady22 said:
I do think it's important to keep an undercurrent of the recipient's theme in mind. Yet, when I design sets of things I am very aware of needing something's complementary or polar opposite.

More than half the fun of getting my little odds and ends will be searching out references & lore that can help me associate "new" concepts with them.

What group are you anyway and how do I get in? Note to self: when creating groups of people to exchange with cardlady needs to be in my group....

cardlady22

ROFL! Drummer Girls, dear! Gonna march to the beat of my own drum!

Mi-Shell

Hi guys!
Can anyone help me find a little plastic pope - or puup? :bugeyed:for thorhammer, because she is an Australian Lava Lamp?

cardlady22

I entered "plastic pope" in a search engine and it suggested a nearby plastic surgeon! :bugeyed:
I'm assuming you are looking for a small doll of a/the Catholic pope. Do they do that?

Chronata

My pope came from a novelty quarter machine at the local Pizza Hut.

It was filled with little rubber saints for 50 cents each!

I was so excited...
I put in my coins twice...

and both times, I got Popes!

At least he's the cool old pope.

Cat*

Satori,

could you please say something about the time frame for the whole thing? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that we have a week from now, but couldn't find the post again.

I'm hoping that we'll have up to and including next Sunday to get everything together so that the packages are sent out on March 15 at the latest. I'd like to spend some time on finding/making the items for everyone in my group, but my job is a bit unpredictable these days and I never know when/if I'll have to stay longer than originally scheduled, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have during the week.

Thanks!

cardlady22

Birthdate Playing Cards

If anyone is curious, or having trouble thinking of a theme-
I'd be happy to tell you a little bit about your Card Chart for the year. All I need is the month & day and your current age (not what you will be on the next birthday)
PMs are fine for if you don't want the info posted in the open.

Satori

Well, in our group one week is not enough time for Aulruna to finish. So let's give it two weeks? I know the Babble Onians are thinking they want to move a little quicker, but let's go to two weeks.

I officially say two weeks to assemble the flotsam! here here!