Just bought the Navigators of the Mystic SEA

Le Fanu

It is such a work of art it deserves to be always available. Funny, this is a deck which makes me forget *systems* and just look. Each image is a surrealist masterpiece. I like the Wheel of Fortune and the Devil. I have read complaints that the cards are too small but I don't feel that. As a deck, I think it is a great size. Let us know what you think when you receive it! And like I said before, the titles of the card (are they offically keywords?) seem spot on. I can always see that in the card!

Owl Song

Well, I received an email from US Games regarding a reprint and it stated that the rights reverted back to the artist, Julia Turk, so it appears US Games will not be reprinting the deck.

I dreamed about the Navigators of the Mystic Sea. I can't remember what I dreamed but to my knowledge, I have never dreamed about a Tarot deck before. My deck shipped today so hopefully I will have it by the end of the week.

Owl Song

My deck arrived!

I like it even better in person than from the online scans. The figures are fascinating and make me think of dancers and Greek statues. I love the vivid, bright colors and the sense of movement. There is a ton of stuff to see in these cards and yet I wouldn't call them busy.

If this deck had an astrological sign, it would be an Aquarius.

Sadly, I have had a terrible time getting into the Liber T, which was going to be my foray into the Thoth/ Golden Dawn based decks.

NOTMS, I think, is going to be my port.

My book hasn't arrived yet which is good anyhow. I want to spend some time with the cards and make my own impressions first.

The set cost me about $40 with shipping; it was well worth it. Glad I took the plunge.

Le Fanu

I ordered my back up on the 13th March and it still isn't here. Should I be worried? The official amazon estimate was 7-28 working days so it's not officially late yet, but it does seem to be taking a long time...

Owl Song

I ordered the deck and book separately, each from an amazon seller on Marketplace. The person who sold me the book emailed me today to let me know they had shipped my book.

You could email the seller on Marketplace with a polite inquiry just to confirm that they do have the kit in stock and that they will be shipping it. That way you'll have peace of mind while you wait.

Le Fanu

I had word that it had shipped on the 13th March and an estimated delivery of 7-28 days. It was amazon uk but from a U.S seller... I'm sure it will turn up eventually! It's my back-up so in the meantime I still have the deck to play with...The new one, when it arrives wll be kept shrinkwrapped in my stock!

And it's funny what you say about the Liber T. I like the deck but have never been able to get quite so excited about a Thoth clone as I have about the Navigators...

Moona

I bought The Navigators in January, watched the wonderful cards and put them aside to wait for a while. There seemed to be so much to study, and so little time. I still don´t have time, but you guys are making me so curious that I must probably stop sleeping. That will make at least six more hours per day... :)

Le Fanu

I have never felt that I am "studying" these cards. I do readings and just look at what turns up. I find that whole formal, forced "studying" (for any deck) a bit of a chore. I have some notes from the book (which I have not read). A very kind AT-er took notes from the original companion book and allowed me to read them, which is nice because I get the impression there is a lot of guff in the book and I feel I have a summarised version.

I have read what the symbolism of the cards is, some I took on board, some I didn't. However, talk of "studying" immediately turns me off a deck! Reading, looking & thinking is enough for me. I really do feel with this deck that you can do short spreads and just look at what is there and decipher.

Plus this is the only deck where the keywords make sense to me.

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
A very kind AT-er took notes from the original companion book and allowed me to read them, which is nice because I get the impression there is a lot of guff in the book and I feel I have a summarised version.
There are some really nice ATer's around! ;)

Le Fanu said:
Plus this is the only deck where the keywords make sense to me.
I need to go back and look at this deck again, cause my memory is that only about half of the keywords made sense to me. Maybe I should look at them with an unabridged dictionary in front of me....

Rodney

Moona

Le Fanu said:
talk of "studying" immediately turns me off a deck! Reading, looking & thinking is enough for me.

As English is a foreign language for me, I often feel unsure about the exact meanings of words, their "strength" and accent. By studying I ment reading, looking and thinking, as you said. :) I have the book and I ´m going to read it because I might learn more about tarot and get new points of view. That will be a pleasure, anything but formal studying. Maybe contemplating would have been a better word(?)