F&J Part Deux (II) - SIGNUP :D

kaleanna

So that everyone doesn't get confused here is the signup for F&J part DEUX (II)

Here is who I have signed up so far for the Part Deux:

kaleanna
lefthandedgoth
emmsma - worldwide
Quester
NorthernTigress
alec - worldwide
Master_Margarita - worldwide
Shamoness
Tarot Orat - worldwide
Sinduction - US
yirabeth - Worldwide
rhombchick

Sign-ups will be until This Saturday, May 1st. That way I can have the weekend to get groups together and all that. Post here to sign up and please let me know if you want to ship us or worldwide.

Please bear with me as this is my first time running something like this

kaleanna

This is how it will work:) (Borrowing Satori's ideas on how it will work )

1. We'll split into SEVERAL groups which I will randomize. Group size to be determined as soon as sign-ups are done, but 5-7 per group possibly, and Europeans or Australians or Americans who don't want to ship off continent will be placed with their confederates!

2. Start collecting your items as soon as you sign up! Find a big box or basket and start tossing stuff into it. Really challenge yourself to find unique weird, hyper strange things. You DO NOT need to send everyone in your group the same things!!!! We want as many one of a kind objects as possible.

3. Items should be smallish. If you would like to include a small cup or other scattering utensil to someone in your group this is fine. What you send to the others in your group is up to you.

4. Since we are limiting the size of each group the number of objects being sent out can now be increased! So feel free to send people in your group 4-6 things. I think that 4 is a doable number. However this IS your choice. And once groups are assigned, I have no problem with the groups deciding amongst themselves how many objects to send or to iron out other details.

I'll allow a week to 2 weeks after we close the sign-ups for people to build their collections up and to ear mark oddities, or discover treasures for to send.

You do not have to spend money for this project. In fact, the only money that needs to be spent is on postage. Get your creative juices flowing, search through your drawers, cupboards, jewelry boxes, crystal kits, button boxes, Aunty's house, cellar, husband's sock drawer, toy boxes, maybe even your attic and find cool stuff!

On your Mark, Get set, GO!

this is a list of ideas for items that could possibly go into the bags (This is a list from Satori's original post)

Ideas for items for the bags:

seashells
unusual stones: heart shaped or triangle shaped, faces etc.
bottle caps
sea glass with unique shapes
tumbled crystals-if you don't want tumbled crystals please say so. many of us have tons, so if you don't need another say so. But if you need one in particular say so.
little toys
cast off odd earrings
charms
wire wrapped oddities
tiny figurines
tiny toy figurines from gumball machines
toy soldiers
tiny seeds
felted balls
felted critters
buttons
old bits of metal
rusty iron objects
marbles
dog tags
pins
beads
small carvings of stone or wood
coins from other countries
seed pods, but only things that will last and not erupt or house bugs etc.
laminates
porcelain figurines
old rings
antique keys
antler bones
mouse bones?
angels
crystals dug from your own mines
small antique tools or curiosities
old car keys
anything that I haven't thought of that is cool, won't rot and will hold up to casting!

Tarot Orat

I'll ship worldwide!

But I must remember about the import restrictions in Australia. And no gold to Canada?! Does that include jewelry? I wouldn't try to send a gold brick from Ft. Knox or anything. (I've just been reading the first F&J thread. I guess I'll keep my mouse bones to myself....)

Sinduction

I want bones! :D Where the heck did you find mouse bones?

emmsma

I thought the idea of a tiny mousey skull was cool - and very welcome if anyone has such. :)

Tarot Orat

I got my mouse bones when I married a man who used to prepare skeletons for a natural history museum! (He is just the coolest guy in the world.) If you go to the Wagner Museum of Science in Philadelphia, you can see an elephant foot and mouse skeleton that he put together. The elephant's entire skeleton was in the museum basement but not put together; they didn't have room to display a whole elephant, so he did one foot. Then he found the mouse dead on the sidewalk, and being an intrepid natural-history museum guy, took it to work and prepared the skeleton! The two make a nice pair. HUGE bones, teensy bones.

We are, um, a somewhat weird couple....

Sinduction

I have a pig skull right near me that I took from a pig roast. Doesn't seem weird to me at all! I love bones and skulls. If I found dead animals I would do that but I don't know how to safely handle a carcass. Maybe he has some pointers for me? :D the pig was already prepared so I just boiled it.

omg, can you just see me out trolling for dead animals!

Master_Margarita

I will ship worldwide! I will have to study up on import restrictions however.

:heart: M_M

kaleanna

Who else would like to sign up for this little exchange??

emmsma

I think I have finally finished rummaging through my own stuff - always have my eyes opened for treasures at work. Ready to see what I can sneak away from the boy's things!

And there is one more drawer I need to get at. I believe it contains GI Joe guns. Dunno if anyone would want a plastic gun, but I know its there and want it to be with the rest of The Great Gathering. :p