Crystal Tarot - Empress

Jewel-ry

Hi everyone,

I have taken parts of this from my 78 week study. Heres the thread if you would like to know what thats about.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20021

I thought I would post it here in case anyone would like to add their thoughts and of course because not all of you will be reading that thread.

http://www.loscarabeo.com/deck.htm
scroll down on left to the Crystal Tarot and then click on Empress

This card is a mix of both RWS and Marseille. It is beautiful, all of the harvest colours are here including gold and red. The colours of wisdom and physical realisation. The Empress sits rather majestically on her throne, the back of which looks almost like wings. They are not clear, they look faded. This is now so obvious to me (thank-you jmd!), they represent ideas not yet manifested , not 'brought to life' as jmd puts it.

She looks 'comfortable' with herself and her surroundings. She rules her empire as well and as has been pointed out to me, she is an intelligent soul. So much of what she represents can be seen in this card. If you look carefully you can see she is holding hands with at least one other person, this shows her caring, nurturing, motherhood side. She cultivates, educates, creates and this is seen in her surroundings by the abundance of fruits. Some flowers are in bud - projects conceived but not yet come to fruition. Three leaves grow up a tree trunk (triple goddess). The eagle (hawk) is there too.

J :)

crystal cove

I was wondering where her eagle was, when I saw it....hiding.

I'm curious about the blue sphere at the bottom of her skirts. I'm trying to make heads or tails of the image but can't come up with anything.

RedMaple

twenty~one said:
I was wondering where her eagle was, when I saw it....hiding.

I'm curious about the blue sphere at the bottom of her skirts. I'm trying to make heads or tails of the image but can't come up with anything.

If you look at the High Priestess card,you'll see a crescent moon i n the same place. So I assume it is the full moon.

Parzival

Crystal Tarot --- Empress

I like Jewel-ry's recognition of the harvest-quality of this painting. It's a fruitioning, an outpouring of life into form,-- the autumnal colors halo the empress with ripening riches freely given. Wings of living nature surround and descend from her crown and head, as she looks to us with compasssionate discernment. She understands who she is as life-giver. She is the opposite of Medusa.

goddesscarlie

I just got this deck, so I am going to revive some of the old threads I think :) If anyone is around, please join in!

The empress, I'm starting with this card because this is the one I often identify with in a deck.

I love the flowing skirts in her dress, somehow this to me seems to symbolise abundance and feminity. Her chair does look like wings, and it seems to me that the base of the chair has an opening which though it you can see the ground.

In the background to the right you can see a orange circle - it could be the sun representing a new day, but it also could be an orange or other piece of fruit.

The empress looks out at the viewer with a calm face - niether happy nor sad. She is content.

If the ball down the bottom is the moon, perhaps this reflects the feminine feelings associate with the moon. I don't know much about astrology at the moment, so there could be more to this than I know.

It's a lovely card, I like it alot. :)