View Single Post
Citizen

dangerdork 
quickly...

Only have a moment to check in. I'm traveling and don't have my books and notes with me. But the three I am going to start with are the three cards in the Turning Point position - The Hanged Man, Justice and the Wheel of Fortune. Each of these cards will in turn affect further pairs on its own path, so what do these cards have in common and how do they differ?

The Hanged Man, from one perspective, is about, let's say for the sake of argument, a binary shift - the state of Enlightenment is shifted from Off to On. From Zero to One. The querent's world is "turned upside down" and in the realm of the magical/spiritual reversed to a polar opposite.

Justice, to continue with mathematical metaphors, is the zero sum game. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The terms on either side of the equals sign balance out, for every negative a positive must be allotted for, and vice versa.

and the Wheel? lets call it a sine wave. What goes up must come down; as the old song used to go. The important thing is the cycle, the extremes defined and energies vacillating between one and the other.

So in a nutshell we can view the energies of CHANGE in these three cards as (Hanged Man) CHANGE in absolute shift from one pole to the other, (Justice) CHANGE necessary to achieve balance between one pole and another, and (Wheel) CHANGE resulting from the cycle of motion between one pole and another.

Just a quick synopsis, thoughts to be expanded when I get more computer time.
Top   #204