Bohemian Gothic (2nd Edition) Three of Wands

strings of life

This is one of my favorite Minors and this card resonates with me in so many ways...

She gazes out at the sea - vast and full of emotion and creativity. She clutches an ornate gold wand in her right hand and makes me feel like she seeks the strength to go and and make her dreams come true. Her clothes and the colors represent many things to me. Her crocheted green shirt denotes nature and being grounded to me. The top of her dress is a pale yellow pink for health and vitality and since pink is part red and white, it represents diluted passions and curiosity. The bottom of her dress and sash is blue, almost violet and represents how she seeks knowledge, the mysterious and the racing of her thoughts. Her body language shows that she is at ease, but unconsciously, she is not at rest and wants more, so much more. Behind her are ruins of a building. The grass is another indicator of her being grounded, but there is also a bird in the image, also facing to the right. He is stationary, but will take flight at some point. Perhaps he represents her and wheres he should be. Five bats also fly to the right, symbolic of action and mystery and possibly her shadow.

BelovedK

I like your observations A. She strikes me as confident, that she is changing her station in life (away from the ruins) definitely confident that there is something new on the horizon. She seems to be intently focused on the horizon, and the future and from her expression, I have no doubt she will get there! and she is also one of my favorite cards, beautiful, lovely.

Tonight I will crack open the book to see what they say about the card, and look ahead to tomorrow :) (4 of Wands)

DaughterOfDanu

In this card, I see a woman looking out into the sea. Her expression is that of hope and I can see some excitement too. Like she see's something out there that's coming closer. The bird perched on the stone next to her is facing that way too, intuitively I can see him readying to fly. The birds in the background are flying. Inuitively, the scene in my mind playing out is that she's seeing a ship come in. A ship that she's been waiting to see for a long time finally coming. She's almost in disbelief that it's finally here. Now all she has to do is wait for it to get closer. As she waits, she readies herself to 'fly'.

The cards meaning to me is a person recieving something that they've been waiting for. something they've waited a good long time for. Now, all they have to do is wait for it to fully manifest.

strings of life

TreeLeafe said:
In this card, I see a woman looking out into the sea. Her expression is that of hope and I can see some excitement too. Like she see's something out there that's coming closer.
This is a beautiful three of Wands, isn't it? You can feel the excitement and see it in her eyes.

TreeLeafe said:
Inuitively, the scene in my mind playing out is that she's seeing a ship come in. A ship that she's been waiting to see for a long time finally coming. She's almost in disbelief that it's finally here. Now all she has to do is wait for it to get closer. As she waits, she readies herself to 'fly'.
Ah, I love this :thumbsup:.

DaughterOfDanu

aurarcana said:
This is a beautiful three of Wands, isn't it? You can feel the excitement and see it in her eyes.
Its my favorite card out of the whole deck. Something about it just speaks to me in so many ways.

strings of life

TreeLeafe said:
Its my favorite card out of the whole deck. Something about it just speaks to me in so many ways.
It's one of my favorite Three of Wands ever!

DaughterOfDanu

aurarcana said:
It's one of my favorite Three of Wands ever!
I never really paid attention to the Three of Wands cards. This card just makes the meaning of the Three of Wands so real and tangible. Thats really what I am noticing with this deck. Its very "real" even though it's got things like wolfmen and vampires- that I can really "Feel" the emotions in this deck and say "I've been there. I can understand how the person in the card feels"