What's in a name? Lexigrams

purple_scorp

Hey all.
If any of you were a Linda Goodman (dec) fan and have read "Star Signs - The secret codes of the universe" then you'll be familiar with the word lexigram.

Basically, a lexigram is when you take a word, name, or phrase and look for hidden words within - that further describe the word, name, or phrase. It's similar to an anagram, only it uses your psychic intuition. New words literally jump out at you.

It's not about finding the most words, its about uncovering hidden meanings.

When you have the words, it's great to turn them into a new sentence or even a poem.

Let me give you an example. Out of the name Aeclectic Tarot, I can see:

"AT AECLECTIC TAROT, I CREATE" and "AECLECTIC CARE A LOT"

They were just two examples off the top of my head.

There are some rules:
1. The original word, name, phrase cannot contain more than 15 different letters and no more than four vowels (eg. the word Tarot has two T's and is counted once in the letter count which equals four).
2. Each letter of each new word (name or phrase) must be contained in the original word (name or phrase).
3. You can use each letter more than once in your new phrase, as long as they aren't in the same word. (eg. From Aeclectic Tarot, you can have "A LOT LATER")
4. When a negative word appers in a Lexigram, and the letters N. O. or T. also appear - it can cancel the negative word (eg. He is not a thief etc). Similarly it can mean that person has been accused of such but is not guilty.
5. If N.O.T. do not appear, or if Y.E.S. appears with a negative word, this person has to change their behaviour, or consider changing their name.
6. If both N.O.T. and Y.E.S. appear, they cancel each other out.
7. Never lexigram a person's name unless you have their permission, as it can uncover personal secrets about them.
8. All final lexigrammed words should be written in uppercase.

Would you have picked that in my full name (which you don't know) I have the words ANALYSE AND DETAIL?

Have a go at it yourself and see how you go. Try doing your Aeclectic name, your real name, or even Aeclectic Tarot's name. When it gets really interesting is when you lexigram your maiden and married names (if applicable). Then you can see if you are better or worse off, literarily speaking.

Linda Goodman believed in it so much, she changed the name of her book.

Cheers
purple_scorp

Alta

When I first read her book I used to do this compulsively. I lexigrammed everything!!! hehe, thanks for re-minding me (another LG phrase).

poivre

I use to do this also till it drove me almost crazy!
Don't do it any more.

purple_scorp

Marion, Ros.

I don't do it compulsively but I do get a buzz when I find my name in another person's, or theirs in mine. Makes me wonder what purpose we serve in each other's lives.

Cheers
purple_scorp (hmmm, haven't lexigrammed that one yet!)

Aura Wolf

purple_scorp (hmmm, haven't lexigrammed that one yet!)

"pure corpse" or "corpses rule"

You into graveyards? :D

miss_apples

Ok...all Im finding in my name are funny ones. My real name is Tiffannie...and here are the phrases I have so far.

I ate an ant

I fit in an inn

I fit nine fat ants in a tin

Does this mean I have a subconsciencious obsession with ants?

One thing I do see though that mean something are the words "fat" and "fit" because I used to be fit...then I had kids and now Im fat....lol

purple_scorp

Hi Deadstar
no I'm not into graveyards.....maybe a grave digger could be my next employment LOL.

Of course purple_scorp is not my real name and I hadn't even thought to lexigram it until I posted that last message. Now, I'm definitely going to have to come up with some alternatives.

Miss Apples.
You had me in fits of laughter....okay, I have to have a go at yours too.....

Watch this space.

Cheers
gerard, the grave digger (well it was the quickest name I could come up with from lexigramming my new vocation).

purple_scorp

for Miss Apples

IF
I ATE
AN ANT IN
A TIN AT TEA,
I FIT IN AN INN
IT NEAT, IT TEA.
IF I ATE A FIN IT A
FATE AT NINE. I
FAINT, I FAN.
A FEAT, IT
FINE
IF

edited to add: btw - finite is in your name, as is tafe (that's where I work...LOL)

Moonbow

Moonbow

NOW MOB
BOON WON
BOW NOON
NOW NOON
MOON, NOW WON
WOW, MOON!
BOW MOON
ON MOON BOW
WOW!

Is this right purple_scorp?

purple_scorp

Hi Moonbow.

Yep, you've got it. Nice one!

purple_scorp

P.S. Feeling any better and did you get your cards?