"The" Tarot Book?

Kellinator

Apologies if someone has asked this before...

If you could have only one tarot book, which one would it be?

Jewel

Tarot for Yourself by Mary Greer ... but thank goodness I can have as many books as I want *LOL*

.dc

hehe... this one is easy for me to answer now.

prolly the one i am working on (aka my Tarotbook) as per 13's suggestion. it's got all sorts of card info, spreads and games and rituals all in one bound volume.

not only does it have my impressions and info, but it's also got things gleemed from other books.

*hugs*
blessed be,
.dc

Jewel

.dc would you mind posting the full info on the book. Sounds really interesting! Tarot for Yourself is also a workbook.

.dc

My tarot journal (long)

.dc would you mind posting the full info on the book. Sounds really interesting! Tarot for Yourself is also a workbook.

yes, jewel i know... i also own a copy of Tarot for Yourself although i havenot been able to complete it all the way thru. =(

however, the details on my book go as follows. I use post-it style bookmarkers to divide sections as the book itself is a hugh (8.5 by 11) bound hardback, lined journal (you can get these blank, but i like writing straightl ines).

Part ONE. Card Descriptions.
Each card in part one has it's own page (front and back) and i list the title of the card (minor arcana are color coded for easy look up) in the right corner of the fist page, sorta like a dictionary.

then i list correspondences for each card... i also found info for stone, plant, and also kabbalistic info. i thought about adding an image from my favorite deck but i decided against it... so including pictures is optional.

then i skip a space or two and write Meanings in black (underlined) and in the next line i start writing down meanings i've picked up from the cards... either by other texts, classes i've done... things i thought about, etc. anything goes. i have not filled any of all the entries completely yet, they get filled more as i expand my knowledge of the cards and stuff. so far i have half a page completed for each card.

Part TWO. Spreads and Layouts.
This section is a bit smaller. in it includes all sorts of layouts, one per page (just front of page or back not both front and back) with the names of the layout appearing at the outer-most portion of the page.

near the inside binding i draw cards with the #'s of the positions in them. and then underneath that i start listing the card positions and any meanings associated with it. if there is special info to go with the card (like if you need clarity draw cards, etc) i write that after the spread descriptions.

in my book i associated 30 pages for spreads, cos if i don't have all the basises covered in that amount then well.... i prolly did something wrong.

Part THREE. Rituals and Games.
i'm totally big on using the tarot for other means. two of those means includes using them in rituals/spells (i have the Tarot Spells book so i don't add all those spells here) and games (i have Tarot Games but i want to add my favorites in this book). i also have rules for Tarot Poker, Rummy and a Tarot version of Monopoly i wanted to get together in one book.

So with the same heading as the other two sections, i write the ritual or game name on the outer-edge of the page. then i write down when to use the ritual, the layout order, meanings of the cards, things said, and any additional stuff... colors for candles, incense ideas...etc.

with the games i'll prolly just transcribe them as written... name of the game, things needed (besides the deck, like dice, money, etc...) and then describe the rules of gameplay and steps.

please let me know if you have further questions or would like me to mail you out samples of the pages. i tried to make this post as clear and detailed as possible but i know someone is bound to have questions. =)

blessed be and good luck,
.dc

Umbrae

Tarot Reversals

nuff said

Major Tom

Re: My tarot journal (long)

.dc said:

Part THREE. Rituals and Games.
i'm totally big on using the tarot for other means. two of those means includes using them in rituals/spells (i have the Tarot Spells book so i don't add all those spells here) and games (i have Tarot Games but i want to add my favorites in this book). i also have rules for Tarot Poker, Rummy and a Tarot version of Monopoly i wanted to get together in one book.

.dc

I've got the rules for tarot poker and rules for tarot as a game from the back of A.E. Waite's book, but I don't have rules for tarot rummy or monopoly! Are they too long to post? Could I have a copy please? ;)