Golden Tarot

lark

Golden Tarot 'Getting To Know You Spread'

I did a three card reading yesterday when I got the deck so here it is.

What kind of deck will you be?~ Five of Wands
This is an interesting card. You have your traditional 5 men with wands involved in a scuffle.
The amazing part is when you understand that each man is from a different painting.
You would never know it, it's combined so well.
There is a wall behind them and a rooster sits on the wall and crows at the rising sun.
Beyond the wall you can see the roof tops of a beautiful city.
The book says: That which bends is less likely to break. I thought that was beautiful.
I think the rooster said the most to me in this card.
This deck will be a deck to awaken intuition.
It will be a deck that will hold it's own and capture my attention.
The five men reminded me if my five new tarot decks all scuffling for my attention.
And the rooster crowing to the golden sun is like the wake up call that brings everyone back to there senses and says...
There is something wonderful to learn from all of them.
And the Golden is very special.

How will we get along?~ Nine of Coins
The Moon and the Nine of Coins are my favorite cards. So I was happy to see this card turn up.
A beautiful maiden in deep, deep plum velvet with gold edging on her clock.
Little dots of light scattered through her auburn hair.
She turns to face the falcon on her finger.
On her face is a look of peace and contentment.
She stands in a berry patch. Little red berries dot the greenery on the ground.
A wicker basket filled with berries off to the side.
And a walking stick beside the basket.
A friendly sheep prances to her right and behind her is a peaceful tree lined hilly scene.
Nine gold coins float in the landscape.
She isn't picking berries because she has to.
It's not to feed her body, it's to feed her soul.
The whole card is about the freedom to enjoy the little things in life.
The things that delight your spirit.
And that is how we will get along.
This deck will delight my soul.

What will you teach me~ King of Coins
This is a beautiful king! The sky behind him is a golden mosaic.
You can see his great white castle with it's beautiful blue roof tops.
He is dressed in the finest of cream linen.
There is a little pen filled with pigs to show his wealth.
He holds a gold coin and wears a gold crown dotted with pearls and rubies.
He stands before a table covered with a beautiful red, gold and white table cover.
His table is cover with all kinds of things glasses, scissors, candle, hourglass and all kinds of writing tools.
For me the King of Coins upright is generous and a wonderful mentor.
He appreciates the finer things in life.
This deck is certainly one of the finer things in life.
When I was little my father used to go to Europe alot on business.
He always brought home books and slides from the great museums there.
I spent my childhood laying on my tummy on the red shagg living room rug, looking through giant coffee table books of art.
I recognize some of the pictures in this deck from those books.
My father was a mentor in leading me to appreciate fine art as a child.
And this deck brings me back full circle to appreciating that art as an adult.
In a generous way befitting the King of Coins.
This deck will teach me tarot in the beautiful pictures I learned to love as a child.

Lunakasha I pulled a card just for you. ~The Four of Cups

Well this deck sure has a sense of humor. LOL
Here you are Luna sitting on a peaceful hill side your flock of sheep and your trusty dog at your feet.
You also have a little donkey! (lots of tarot decks?)
A bowl of food and a canteen of wine at you side.
You sit on a rock wearing a dark blue dress and a brilliant red, gold trimmed robe over it.
You hold a little red leather bound book to your chest.
And you have a sad look on your face.
Before you are three full golden chalices of wine. (more decks?)
But you aren't looking at them.
Your eyes are fixed on an angel floating in a golden cloud holding the fourth full golden chalice. (the Golden Tarot?)
What do you think? :)

retrokat

hi lark,

Thanks so much for your beautiful reading - the first I've seen someone else do with 'my' deck (I guess it's not just mine any longer!)

The four of cups is even funnier if you know where the shepherd comes from:

http://www.goldentarot.com/micu04.htm

I call the original painting "Sulky Jesus" - I think it's a delightful thought that even Jesus would have gone through a difficult teenager stage. He looks like he's being told off for not doing his homework! Cracks me up every time.

lark

Thank you Kat.
I never thought of that but I guess it's been so close to you for so long it's strange to let it go.
Well, I think many of your decks will find good homes with us!

I loved the picture of Jesus, it has the same feeling I got from the card.
The perfect sulky teenager.
It's going to be so fun to investigate the pictures that you used.

The deck reads very well. It's not just a pretty face.
I've done two other readings since this one and I'm very, very happy with how well it reads.

I also like the multiples part of the book.
What do three, 3's mean what do Four 3's mean.
Most books don't include that and it's very interesting.
The book packs more stuff in one little package than most big books.
Kat, Thank you once again for a beautiful deck.

Jewel-ry

Lark,

What a beautiful reading! Your descriptions of the cards are wonderful, I can picture them so easily. Thanks for sharing.

I really can't wait to get my hands on this deck! Its ordered but who knows how long it will take?

J :)

Island Dreamer

I just checked my Amazon.co.uk wishlist and the Golden Tarot is now only 1-2 weeks delivery so it shouldn't be long now, Jewel-ry :D

Island Dreamer

Summerdream

My Golden Tarot arrived today. First let me say, the scans do not do this deck justice. This deck is sooo much more lovely in person. The edges are all golden and the deck comes in a neat little hardbox that you lift the lid up and inside are the cards and book. The book is pretty hefty too for being a smaller size. The colors on the cards are rich and there is so much detail. This deck was well worth the wait. I love it.

Momof3girls:)

lunakasha

(((((((LARK)))))))

Thank you, my friend....once again you have outdone yourself! What a beautiful reading, your descriptions are so vivid, I felt like I was sitting there with you, gazing upon these beautiful cards. Again, THANK YOU!!! :D

I was also blown away when you said that the 9 of coins/pents and Moon are your favorite cards......mine too!!!! LOL, that is really funny, huh?

I quote your description of the 9 of Coins:

How will we get along?~ Nine of Coins
The Moon and the Nine of Coins are my favorite cards. So I was happy to see this card turn up.
A beautiful maiden in deep, deep plum velvet with gold edging on her clock.
Little dots of light scattered through her auburn hair.
She turns to face the falcon on her finger.
On her face is a look of peace and contentment.
She stands in a berry patch. Little red berries dot the greenery on the ground.
A wicker basket filled with berries off to the side.
And a walking stick beside the basket.
A friendly sheep prances to her right and behind her is a peaceful tree lined hilly scene.
Nine gold coins float in the landscape.
She isn't picking berries because she has to.
It's not to feed her body, it's to feed her soul.
The whole card is about the freedom to enjoy the little things in life.
The things that delight your spirit.
And that is how we will get along.
This deck will delight my soul.

EXACTLY my feelings about this card...."she is not picking berries because she has to...the whole card is about the freedom to enjoy the little things in life." Yes indeed....this is what living is all about! (IMO)

Excellent, wonderful........and inspirational, Lark!!!

:D Luna :D

PS: I want to mention the 4 of cups in my next post....

lunakasha

Re: Golden Tarot 'Getting To Know You Spread'

lark said:
Lunakasha I pulled a card just for you. ~The Four of Cups

Well this deck sure has a sense of humor. LOL
Here you are Luna sitting on a peaceful hill side your flock of sheep and your trusty dog at your feet.
You also have a little donkey! (lots of tarot decks?)
A bowl of food and a canteen of wine at you side.
You sit on a rock wearing a dark blue dress and a brilliant red, gold trimmed robe over it.
You hold a little red leather bound book to your chest.
And you have a sad look on your face.
Before you are three full golden chalices of wine. (more decks?)
But you aren't looking at them.
Your eyes are fixed on an angel floating in a golden cloud holding the fourth full golden chalice. (the Golden Tarot?)
What do you think? :)

Thank you lark....that was so sweet of you! :D
Thanks Kat for the link, giving me some background on this card....I think both of your descriptions would fit me right now....

It sounds like the meaning of this card is for me to be grateful for what I have, and not to focus so much on what I don't have. Not an easy thing for me to do, especially as I am going through some financial difficulties right now....but overall, I think I try to stay pretty positive and not to take anything for granted. Sometimes, though it is good to have a reminder~or a kick in the pants~to say: WAKE UP and look around you, life isn't really so bad....

This could also apply to my "need" to collect more and more decks, without taking the time to appreciate the ones I already have....well said, lark! I have been thinking about this a lot lately, and since I am in a financial *pinch* right now, it is a good time to take a break from collecting and start appreciating the lovely decks that I already have.......after all, the cards don't lie! ;)

Thanks again, lark....I really enjoyed reading your lovely words of wisdom....

:D Luna

EDITED TO ADD: The Golden is in transit to or from Australia as we speak...in a sense, it is floating above, just out of reach! :laugh:

lark

You are very welcome Lunakasha

I stopped buying decks for 9 months, because of losing my job and just not having the money to spare.
I was very 4 of Coins myself.
I totally recognize that sulky face.
I used to see it in the mirror alot.
It was very hard to read about all the decks and not buy, but I did like you said and focused on the ones I had.
It was very good for me.

BUT......I still think you should save your pennies and buy the Golden. You'll love it. })

lunakasha

Re: You are very welcome Lunakasha

lark said:
I stopped buying decks for 9 months, because of losing my job and just not having the money to spare.
I was very 4 of Coins myself.
I totally recognize that sulky face.
I used to see it in the mirror alot.
It was very hard to read about all the decks and not buy, but I did like you said and focused on the ones I had.
It was very good for me.

BUT......I still think you should save your pennies and buy the Golden. You'll love it. })

Thanks, Lark.....
I really appreciate your kind words and support, and I agree with you, that spending some quality time with the decks I already have is going to be good for me right now! :)

Having said that....I have already ordered the Golden, }) and am very glad that I did....but this will be my last purchase for the forseeable future....

Blessings to you, lark!

:D Luna