Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

Mellaenn

Groups have been assigned. If you missed out on this swap, keep an eye on Divination - :) - I'm sure we'll do more of these!

The Junkanoo Gang

Elven - Australia
Linnie - Australia
Witchy Woman - Worldwide
Horace - US or anywhere

The Doo-Dad Divas

Kaleanna - US
Quester - US
Lady Seishou -US
Silverwings94 - US

The Booty Babes

GryffinSong - US
Bodhran - US
Satori - US only
Morticia Monroe - US

The Little Loot League

Mellaenn - US or anywhere
Mathki - Denmark - Europe
Flaxen - UK - Europe
Aulruna - Germany - Europe

JUNE 1 TO JUNE 7 (or so)

*Check to see what group you're in and click on the link to find your group's thread.

*Go post in the link and start visiting with one another there.

*Exchange addresses with one another. Everyone in your little group will be sending a package to everyone else.

*Continue to gather items. As you get to know your partners a bit you'll get a feel for what each one likes.

*We'll start shipping in a week but no big deal if it takes another few days; don't panic.

*Eventually we'll use our new oracles to read for one another; we'll do that right from our group threads as well.

Once upon a time in a thread here in the magical kingdom of Divination, Satori posted the following:

Satori said:
So this idea keeps tossing and turning around in my brain and I bring it to you for help in refining it. I love found oracles, but sometimes I get sick of the stuff I find! Or it takes so long to see what will turn up or I just go for long stretches without finding the right stuff, or...or...or. You know.

So I got to thinking that maybe you guys are sick of your stuff too...and might want to set it free, little treasures, flotsam and jetsam, crystals, shells, stones.

So, like the traveling deck idea I thought we could sign up the interested people and start sending out stuff.

Eveyone gets a bag, a little sack. Once we see how many people are signing up we'll know better how this is going to go.

Ideas for items for the bags:

seashells
unusual stones: heart shaped or triangle shaped, faces etc.
bottle caps
sea glass with unique shapes
tumbled crystals-if you don't want tumbled crystals please say so. many of us have tons, so if you don't need another say so. But if you need one in particular say so.
little toys
cast off odd earrings
charms
wire wrapped oddities
tiny figurines
tiny toy figurines from gumball machines
toy soldiers
tiny seeds
felted balls
felted critters
buttons
old bits of metal
rusty iron objects
marbles
dog tags
pins
beads
small carvings of stone or wood
coins from other countries
seed pods, but only things that will last and not erupt or house bugs etc.
laminates
porcelain figurines
old rings
antique keys
antler bones
mouse bones?
angels
crystals dug from your own mines :)
small antique tools or curiosities
old car keys
anything that I haven't thought of that is cool, won't rot and will hold up to casting!

Some people send weirder stuff or rarer stuff....this isn't a contest. It is meant to help us to create a cool, random divination kit that we can enjoy and remember.

Once you commit to it, we have to see it through. We each have to get our kits completed. No one can get left behind.

Now. Let me know if I'm alone here or if other crazy divination junkies are out there wondering what they might get in their mailbox some day soon!

:party:
And it was so! We came, we saw, we swapped. I think we've had several swaps, in fact but it has been awhile, so (to the tune of "Let's Do The Time Warp Again") "Let's do the Junk Swap Again! It's just a jump to the LEFT..."

Mellaenn

Basic Flotsam and Jetsam Guidelines

Once again I'm just merrily ripping this from Satori's original post (with changes, so apologies to Satori). However, I have been blessed with her magic wand as she is the Fairy Godmother of the Flotsam & Jetsam swap. Our swap last year worked out pretty well because we had some basic guidelines. I've tweaked these since we've had the experience, but it's basically the same as what we did in 2010.

1. We'll split into SEVERAL groups which I will randomize. Group size will be around 4 or 5 per group. I'll try to place Europeans, Australians and Americans who don't want to ship off continent together but it does depend somewhat on who signs up. (Please know that if you sign up you may be sending a little package or two overseas if we can't break out the groups per continent, but the packages are so small that it's not very expensive.) :grin:

2. Start collecting your items as soon as you sign up! Find a big box or basket and start tossing stuff into it. Really challenge yourself to find unique weird, hyper strange things. You DO NOT need to send everyone in your group the same things!!!! We want as many one of a kind objects as possible.

3. Items should be smallish. If you would like to include a small cup or other scattering utensil to someone in your group this is fine. What you send to the others in your group is up to you.

4. I'd suggest shooting for sending about 7-10 objects to each of your group members. We tried for 3-5 last time and that's what I sent; however, everyone else in my group was very generous! :embarrassed: The number that you send should be up to the group members; once groups are assigned, I have no problem with the groups deciding amongst themselves how many objects to send or to iron out other details.

5. Once everyone has collected the amount of items they will send, at a specified time we will mail little envelopes of goodies to one another, post about sending and receiving on the individual threads, and also do readings on those threads. So if you are in a group of five, you will mail out four envelopes.

6. I will give this a few weeks to percolate and then set a deadline. I know the forum will be shut down for a few days in the meantime, so I don't want to set a date then we've got no means of communicate. I'll allow another week after we close the sign-ups for people to build their collections up and to ear mark oddities, or discover treasures for to send.

You do not have to spend money for this project. In fact, the only money that needs to be spent is on postage. Get your creative juices flowing, search through your drawers, cupboards, jewelry boxes, crystal kits, button boxes, Aunty's house, cellar, husband's sock drawer, toy boxes, maybe even your attic and find cool stuff! I will confess to having resorted to the bargain bin at Michael's crafts store of late, but that is only because I had totally ransacked my house of all the "junkable doo-dads". :) But you should see my oracle - she is Mighty, Mighty!!! :grin:

JUNE 1 TO JUNE 7 (or so)

*Check to see what group you're in and click on the link to find your group's thread.

*Go post in the link and start visiting with one another there.

*Exchange addresses with one another. Everyone in your little group will be sending a package to everyone else.

*Continue to gather items. As you get to know your partners a bit you'll get a feel for what each one likes.

*We'll start shipping in a week but no big deal if it takes another few days; don't panic.

*Eventually we'll use our new oracles to read for one another; we'll do that right from our group threads as well.

Sign-ups

Kaleanna
Mathki
Elven
Witchy Woman
Aulruna
Horace
Quester
GryffinSong
Satori
Lady Seishou
Bodhran
Flaxen
Mellaenn
Silverwings94
Linnie
Morticia Monroe

kaleanna

count me in

kaleanna

I ask though not to be sent any bones or anything like that (I know some people like that but it just isn't for me,LOL)

Mathki

Count me in too! I have been waiting for a new swap thread! :D

kaleanna

hiya Mathki,

Welcome :) Glad you could join in. This swap is lots of fun!

Mathki

kaleanna said:
hiya Mathki,

Welcome :) Glad you could join in. This swap is lots of fun!

Thank you! I can't wait to be a part of it! :)

Elven

Im up for another one - I still have things saved I didn't swap in the last one - and I promise to keep it limited to under 100 items this time too :laugh: (jk)

Witchy Woman

Count me in, sounds like fun. I love surprises and I have lots of little tid bits to share.
What is the number count of what we have to at least send, and the limit.

Witchy Woman

LOL. Ive got 3 objects laying in front of me now. :)