Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

Witchy Woman

YARD SALES....its the season to gets lots of little cool things. Im going this saturday if the weather is nice and hunting for neat stuff. I bet I can hit a couple of "free stuff" boxes loaded with kids off pieces! WOOT!!!
I cant wait to get it started...well, I already have :)

Witchy Woman

Ive got a bag started already with around 30 items and I havent even left my room yet :) hehehe
My cat however is staring the bag down, because I took one of his feather toys in there :)

Witchy Woman

I want to ship worldwide. I want something far away from America....AND sinz I watched McLeod's Daughters non-stop till I watched every episode, I want something from Australia.
I would be perfectly happy in a group like the Lava Lamps, just all over the place! Thanks. Witchy Woman/ Sunshine

Quester

I would LOVE to do this again!!! :D

Elven

Im thinking of making a 'Gumball Alley' Junk Oracle - and a 'Carnivale' Junk Oracle. I think I might have enough for 'The Spy who Junked Me' Oracle - so there's 3.
How many will we need to make? 5 maybe?

Aulruna

I have a button sub-oracle - as both Satori and Mi-Shell have given me individual button oracles in the past, I have fused them and added a few extras.

Must admit it also makes it easier to retire old favourite clothes if you know you can use their buttons for an oracle :D

And a coin sub-oracle, just because I always loved them ... it contains coins from real currencies, souvenir pressed pennies, historic reproductions, a Christophorus medal, faerie coins, and LARP currency. Love it!

My Shamanic/Völva oracle has sheeps' knuckles, a rabbit paw, a chicken foot and some animal teeth along with gems.

The junk oracle itself is in a big bag and weighs over 2kg by now...

Fun trivia: Hubby tried to grind something into our food last weekend which he took for butmeg ... it was a rattling nut from the junk oracle though :D

Mellaenn

Witchy Woman said:
YARD SALES....its the season to gets lots of little cool things. Im going this saturday if the weather is nice and hunting for neat stuff. I bet I can hit a couple of "free stuff" boxes loaded with kids off pieces! WOOT!!!
I cant wait to get it started...well, I already have :)
THIS is a killer idea! Some of my favorite things in my oracle are the bits and pieces of toys that I received from folks who have kids. I got a little plastic pair of doll's underwear that I interpret as "Put on your Big-Girl panties and deal with it!" (I think that was from franniee!)

Mellaenn

Welcome, Quester, good to see you here!

Elven and Aulruna, I love the different oracles that you're describing. The Shamanic/Völva oracle in particular sounds fascinating. You could use that when you do reenactments, Aulruna, and it wouldn't be anachronistic!

Elven, will the Gumball Alley be bits and pieces from the gumball machines? I was thinking of doing this, too...

Gryffinsong, your show sounds wonderful. Wish I could see it - enjoy! I'll add you to the list of confirmed 'Junkers'.

kaleanna

Welcome to the swap Quester :D

Witchy Woman

Mellaenn said:
THIS is a killer idea! Some of my favorite things in my oracle are the bits and pieces of toys that I received from folks who have kids. I got a little plastic pair of doll's underwear that I interpret as "Put on your Big-Girl panties and deal with it!" (I think that was from franniee!)
Awww I would love a pair of big girl panties for mine, i believe they probly came from a Polly Pocket! Ill have to keep my eyes open for that!

ANOTHER IDEA FOR THE FLOTSAM & JETSAM....

Have you thought about, having "US" send to one location, Say the person's taking charge of this...Bits and Bobs that we dont want, or desided not to use, and this ONE OR TWO people, put together a Oracle, and give it away as a prise for something thats done on this forum?
Like NEWBIES that reach 500 post, or people that have been on here for a month, and stayed, have to reach 1000, and the first to win, gets a cool Oracle bag? OR the 30th person to SUBSCRIBE TO THIS FORUM....gets a Oracle "One of a Kind" Bag? Give people incentive...Ive seen some sites give away cards of one sort or another, but this is free cuz we would send it to whomever wishes to take on the project. After youve recieved enough to make several different Bags, just end it. :)