The Junkanoo Gang

Mellaenn

Hi, there, Junkanoo Gang! Here is your very own thread. The details of the swap in your group are now really up to you; I just ask that you not divert from the general idea too much and please make sure everyone in your group is comfortable with any changes that are made.

Use this thread to swap ideas for your oracle kits. If anyone has anything that they really would NOT like (e.g.: bones or teeth or severed ears or what have you. :grin:) please let your fellow groupies know!

Let’s take another week to assemble the kits. I leave it up to you to make sure you trade addresses, but will check with you.

And don’t forget to visit the other groups on their threads to see what your Divine Sisters of the Junky Sisterhood are up to!

The Doo-Dad Divas

The Booty Babes

The Little Loot League

Main Swap Thread

JUNE 1 TO JUNE 7 (or so)

*Check to see what group you're in and click on the link to find your group's thread.

*Go post in the link and start visiting with one another there.

*Exchange addresses with one another. Everyone in your little group will be sending a package to everyone else.

*Continue to gather items. As you get to know your partners a bit you'll get a feel for what each one likes.

*We'll start shipping in a week but no big deal if it takes another few days; don't panic.

*Eventually we'll use our new oracles to read for one another; we'll do that right from our group threads as well.

linnie

Thanks for setting this up for us Mell... much appreciated...

Hello Elven, Witchy Woman and Horace :)

Ok... I'm here first, so I'll talk :)

Only 4 of us, which means only three bags to send out... I'm already looking forward to the NEXT junk swap, as now I have WAY too much stuff, heh heh!!! :):):)

So, good people, how many items are we looking at posting to one another? Do any of you have preferences? I know I love natural things, but I can pick up shells etc easily as I head to the coast for regular camping trips, so no shells please.

Mell suggests mentioning if we don't want severed ears etc... I don't ... and she was joking... but small bones etc if strong enough and well-shaped for an oracle pouch would be fine. Really character-filled small stones speak to me... if anyone has a small stone with a natural hole in it (all the way through), that would be an awesome thing! I think we'll need to be careful about quarantine, though, with any stuff coming in from outside Oz...

I prefer old, slightly rusty, very rustic stuff, myself, and would prefer little to big, and wood, stone or metal rather than plastic.... (If something is really delightful, though, plastic will be ok... ie I have a resin magician which is pretty cute.. etc...

Do you all have preferred items? Please let us all know what they are so we can sift through to find what suits each other's likes best of all.
Yay... we've started... :):):) Oh, and am PMing you all with my address now... Please Pm back with yours, thanks :)

Elven

Yeah! Hi Doo-Dad Divas! I've very excited to be doing this exchange with you!

Whenever you're ready can you please PM me your details so I can get prepared to send the packages - that wont be until the beginning of the week for me ;)

Is there a theme of junk you'd like to receive?
I cant have anything animal or plant as customs will take it :( but I am still adding to my 'War and Pieces' Oracle. So this time Im thinking of a 'Full Metal Jacket' oracle - Steampunk :)
But anything is OK - seriously!

Let me know if you have a theme going.

Cheers
Elven

linnie

hee hee.... um... we are Junkanoos, Elven... :) I think it's a take on Kangaroos, perhaps??? :):):)

We can do animal/plant between Ozzies, if you have anything interesting, although plant wouldn't work for an oracle without being damaged, huh? :)Am PMing address now... thanks for reminding me, I said i'd do it almost an hour ago!!! :)
Elven said:
Yeah! Hi Doo-Dad Divas! I've very excited to be doing this exchange with you!

Whenever you're ready can you please PM me your details so I can get prepared to send the packages - that wont be until the beginning of the week for me ;)

Is there a theme of junk you'd like to receive?
I cant have anything animal or plant as customs will take it :( but I am still adding to my 'War and Pieces' Oracle. So this time Im thinking of a 'Full Metal Jacket' oracle - Steampunk :)
But anything is OK - seriously!

Let me know if you have a theme going.

Cheers
Elven

Witchy Woman

Wow. Ive been so busy collecting that I never stopped to think about what it was that I might Want...

Witchy Woman

Crazy thing is, im always so busy giving, i never ask for much. hmh. how do i do this? LOL

linnie

Witchy Woman said:
Crazy thing is, im always so busy giving, i never ask for much. hmh. how do i do this? LOL
Witchy Woman said:
Wow. Ive been so busy collecting that I never stopped to think about what it was that I might Want...
I hadn't been sitting here thinking about what might come from the swapping of such things, either, but once I started earnestly gathering all my own little bits together I scanned them and got a reasonable idea of which things sing to me and which don't quite as much... So, now that we have a chance to let each other know what we would prefer, I think it's great to do so, because this is our chance to create a perfect-fit, personalised, oracle and give the other stuff to someone who loves it better... for whom it is a 'better fit'!!! So... dear Witchy Woman... I'm inviting you to let us know what your preferences are... You see... you're not actually asking, just being helpful by answering my question!!! :)

Also useful is looking at other people's profiles, as they suggest what people like, or don't like so much, and that reminded me of things that i would really enjoy in a junk oracle... Mind you, I haven't filled that part of my profile in... not quite sure where or how... :)

Elven

hee hee.... um... we are Junkanoos, Elven... I think it's a take on Kangaroos, perhaps???
Whoops!! LOL! :laugh:

Mellaenn

Hi, Junkanoos!

linnie said:
hee hee.... um... we are Junkanoos, Elven... :) I think it's a take on Kangaroos, perhaps??? :):):)
Cute, I never thought of this, but actually, it's a take on a type of street parade in the Bahamas (which are right off the coast of where I live here in Florida) with music and dancing and food and drinks and lots of joie de vivre.

linnie said:
We can do animal/plant between Ozzies, if you have anything interesting, although plant wouldn't work for an oracle without being damaged, huh?
Good point that this can only be within the same country. Be careful what you ship internationally!