Cat's Eye Tarot

catdoc

baylys said:
Catdoc - will there be a book with it or just the LWB?

For now just the LWB. I would like to write a companion book. I have much I would love share about cats, people and the tarot.
Deb

AJ

catdoc said:
I just realized I had not updated this thread with my exciting news. The Cat's Eye Tarot has moved from deck in progress into the realm of available soon!

US Games is publishing the deck and it should be available early in 2011.

There are now message threads in Tarot Decks and Spreads forums.

Many thanks to all of you who have followed and encouraged this deck creation for years. I look forward to future conversations within this wonderful tarot community.

Deb
Any NEW news?? It isn't on USGames website yet...

catdoc

No news of a firm date. I know they are working on the deck. I spoke with the graphic artist a couple weeks ago. She has a problem with my failure to acheive a proper artistic perspective on some of the cards. Watercolor is not easily edited and repainting is not an option for me - it took me 9 years to get them all done as it is and my life has not gotten any less crazy at this juncture. I am hoping that she will just accept the images as they are flaws and all. ;-)

Hemera

catdoc said:
She has a problem with my failure to acheive a proper artistic perspective on some of the cards. Watercolor is not easily edited and repainting is not an option for me - it took me 9 years to get them all done as it is and my life has not gotten any less crazy at this juncture. I am hoping that she will just accept the images as they are flaws and all. ;-)
My goodness, that sounds crazy from the graphic artist´s side. I really hope they accept the images as they are. "Proper artistic perspective" sounds just mad. No-one changed a Chagall or a Picasso for "proper artistic perspective" either!

AJ

catdoc said:
She has a problem with my failure to acheive a proper artistic perspective on some of the cards.-)

I'm gobstopped. When I think of all the crap art decks USG has put out...WHY are they messing with your art?

thanks for the update!

BodhiSeed

catdoc said:
No news of a firm date. I know they are working on the deck. I spoke with the graphic artist a couple weeks ago. She has a problem with my failure to acheive a proper artistic perspective on some of the cards. Watercolor is not easily edited and repainting is not an option for me - it took me 9 years to get them all done as it is and my life has not gotten any less crazy at this juncture. I am hoping that she will just accept the images as they are flaws and all. ;-)
Oh good grief... What is wrong with this publisher? Please just point the graphic artist to this thread - it was started in 2003, and your faithful followers are still here. We want YOUR art, not theirs!

Crescent

I too have been waiting for this deck.. and what a shame that USGames cant just take this deck as it is and publish it.. I dont see flaws and if there are any, only will add charm to the deck.

catdoc

all is well...

Stuart Kaplan called yesterday. They have shown the images at a few trade shows and they have been well received. The only image that consistently gives folks pause is the Page of Pentacles - his paw really is a bit awkward and this detracts from attention to his evocative expression. I am going to repaint this card. Otherwise the artwork will remain unchanged from the images we have all been looking at over the years.

Many of the cards could be improved upon but digital manipulation just doesn't work well with water color nor does tweaking the originals. The thought of trying to repaint multiple cards at this late date was emotionally overwhelming for me. I think I can handle doing just one card and I have found the perfect photo to use as a reference - my kitty Bradlee as a kitten :)

I have a question for all of you - How important is it to you that the illustration on the card backs be completely reversible?

I personally love my cat face, but it is directional...

Debra

"Stuart Kaplan called yesterday"--now THAT is totally cool!

I just went through the cards on your web site again and yes, that lil' Page's awkward shoulder is a distraction, I'm glad you have a good model for a new version!

My advice is: Make the backs reversible. This is a deck for readers, as well as for collectors. Non-reversible backs will annoy some readers, and may cost sales, so if you can find a way to get symmetry with a pleasing back design, you're better off.

:love:

Lady Morgaine

If I buy a deck for collecting, directional pictures on the back of the card don't matter. If I use the deck for readings it does matter.

Is there a way you can print the image on each half the card so when you look at it you see it upside down and right side up? You know like the way you look at the kings, queens and jacks of a set of regular cards.

(Just trying to figure a way to hold on to your art and ideas)

Lindah