The Booty Babes

Satori

Thanks honey. We all were thrown together for a reason, right?

Off to bed. G'night! Sleep tight! Don't let those bed bugs bite!

BodhiSeed

GS, that is such a beautiful bowl!

Satori, I had never heard of an operculum before either; they remind me of the seashells known as baby ears:
http://www.mitchellspublications.com/guides/shells/articles/0041/

I found one several years ago when I was at the beach with my mom and daughter. I wrote this poem after I found it, and now see how fast those years have flown by (she just graduated from high school last weekend)!

The Shell

I walked the beach with my daughter,
Looking for the treasures of low tide,
When a quick flash of white caught my eye.
It was the gift of a moon snail,
A fragile artifact of nature,
Commonly known as a “baby’s ear.”
Now, thinking back to that moment,
I am convinced it was a warning,
An omen of time’s fragility.
Already the changes have come,
As puberty transforms her body,
And her need for autonomy grows.

morticia monroe

The operculum is sweet! Beach glass and driftwood would be awewsome, KM, and if you could find a few pretty pieces for me, I'd be happy to repay in kind with quartz crystals, dug by yours truly.

Gryff, your story is wonderful. I too have a gypsy heart and nothing feels better to me than to put my boots on the road, headed in a new and different direction. I think it has a lot to do with childhood memories, Dad was in the navy, and instead of taking vacations like most families did, we packed up and moved every two or three years, and my folks always made those trips (with 5 kids and a labrador retriever in the back of a 1970's Town and Country station wagon) into an adventure.

I went to the antique/junk shop in Lafayette yesterday, and found a few items you all should like, and then raided my cabinet for stones. If there is anything particular (color, size, tumbled, rough?) you'd like to recieve, speak out.

GryffinSong

A quick hello and goodbye as I dash out the door for Tennessee ... I'll catch up with you on my return!!! :heart:

Satori

bodhran said:
GS, that is such a beautiful bowl!

Satori, I had never heard of an operculum before either; they remind me of the seashells known as baby ears:
http://www.mitchellspublications.com/guides/shells/articles/0041/

I found one several years ago when I was at the beach with my mom and daughter. I wrote this poem after I found it, and now see how fast those years have flown by (she just graduated from high school last weekend)!

The Shell

I walked the beach with my daughter,
Looking for the treasures of low tide,
When a quick flash of white caught my eye.
It was the gift of a moon snail,
A fragile artifact of nature,
Commonly known as a “baby’s ear.”
Now, thinking back to that moment,
I am convinced it was a warning,
An omen of time’s fragility.
Already the changes have come,
As puberty transforms her body,
And her need for autonomy grows.
Awww. Thanks for sharing that one Bodhran. Beautiful.

KMilliron

Going to see if my lovely Surrogate Mom Nurse Lady will provide me with a ride to the beach today. Once I inform her that I transcode the third LOTR movie to her widescreen hdtv I'm sure she's be happy to. :D

Happy trails Madam Gryff. I'll see if I can post a picture for everybody of my loot. ^_^

Satori

OK. Witchy is helping me with my hermit crab Nancy. She is perhaps, if she has one, sending me a shell for Nancy to grow into.

Here is her picture. Can you tell how big she is Witchy? That is a Ritz cracker we are handing her.

Attachments

• Nancy.jpg
    Nancy.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 67

BodhiSeed

You have a hermit crab?! Wow, I didn't know you could keep them alive away from the ocean. So do you have a saltwater aquarium Satori?

morticia monroe

Totally cool.