Interesting tarot pairs

YDM42

jayem said:
I got these 3 once in a 3-card draw on 'How can I achieve my desired outcome with being reunited with my ex?'

Death, The Devil, 3 of Swords.

I was puzzled at first and thought my emotions were toying with me, then it clicked: End the manipulation of his broken heart.

Tarot cards like to be very literal with me often.
Real Good, I can see the Devil making it out that the pain is more than it is.

YDM42

rosegold said:
I've learned a lot from this thread so far. Wondering if anyone has any opinions on Justice + 7 of Cups. A verdict or outcome that isn't completely fair, but just looks that way on the surface? Or an outcome that's fair but doesn't seem so at first?

No clearly defined solution- because the truth is not clear on either side, its and illusion, how do you judge an illusion?

Aset

YDM42 said:
This speaks to spiritual gifts, usually when I pull the two together if listen, I will hear something.

Think of it as the intuition of a mother combined with spiritual understanding or call from above. A voice from within.

Let us know what you hear.

Interesting! How would you interpret them, then, between two people? A similar connection that they share?

Aset

YDM42 said:
No clearly defined solution- because the truth is not clear on either side, its and illusion, how do you judge an illusion?

I like this interpretation, as the truth is rarely black and white. I was originally thinking of the Thoth 7 of cups ("Debauch"), which is why I was thinking of some perverse element to it.

rosegold

Justice + 7 Cups

YDM42 said:

This makes sense, especially in some courtroom situations. Perhaps neither side knows the real truth, but each side tries to convince the jury to believe a certain thing. (Maybe I've watched too many episodes of 48 Hours Mystery!)

And to Aset, thanks for your suggestions, too. Your deck has an interesting take on 7 of Cups that will probably be useful for me in some future reading, so thank you for sharing!

Anastacia

Justice and 7 of cups - when rosegold mentioned courtrooms I had this image of the courtroom dramas where the lawyer is addressing the jury. Those cups represent the jurors. Especially when the facts are clouded the lawyer needs to manipulate their emotions as he addresses them. And the choice of Jurors is like the 7 of cups too - I think both sides get to assess the potential jurors and decide whether or not they are eligible to sit on the jury based just on their appearance and what is known of their profile.
So Justice + 7 of cups = trial by jury.

rosegold

I like the interp, Anastacia! It makes a lot of sense to me when you put it that way. (Let's just hope I won't have to be involved in a Justice+7 of Cups any time soon, lol!)

jayem

When doing readings for my aunts party, a woman asked me if her daughter would ever conceive. I had no idea who this woman was, or what the situation was either.

Anyways, I drew The Magician and The Empress. I don't know why this jumped out at me, but when I immediately saw this combo I thought 'invitro'. I told the woman her daughter would have a baby, but it would take some sort of medical help, like through invitro or fertilization drugs. The woman told me her daughter had cancer 10 years back, and the doctors told her she would need medical help in ever achieving a pregnancy. Wish I could know if the cards came true or not.

YDM42

Aset said:
Interesting! How would you interpret them, then, between two people? A similar connection that they share?

Well to me that makes even more sense, because I often experince this combination in relationship situations, I will hear the other person either calling my name or giving me information. They share a connection, I would say a soul mate twin flame connection they have been here together before so are able to go deeper into one another intuition. In other words they can communicate with out words. This is the second go round for these two- and the empress indicates they are in the process of beginning the journey, since the relationship has not given birth, it is the womb phase, still protected and dependent up on spirit and the best part...it is yet to be born so there is still some memory of the other connection. I know I know..its sounds weird, but all I want the people to do who this reading refers to is "Listen" be still and they will hear it- they will hear the other person.

Aset

Thank you so much for your insight, YDM. It actually makes quite a lot of sense :)