The Doo-Dad Divas

LadySeishou

kaleanna said:
...So lovely and wonderfully organized and lovely surprises. LadyS!!!!! Thank you sooooooooo much for the lovely treasure trinkets that will make lovely additions to my oracle :)...
Hi kaleanna! *waves hi* I'm so happy to hear that the box arrived safely! You're quite welcome and I'm pleased that you think one or two of the doo-dads might find a place in your oracle! Yeah!

What do you think of the mini junk oracle? Too small? I like to throw it when my desk is buried with what ever project I have going and I need a little bit of advice ;) It's like an encouraging word from a friend - well most of the time - sometimes it's a reminder that I need to pay better attention to some situation that's about to get messy. I find that it reads as well as my more normal sized collection - maybe a wee bit better as the micro size means that I really need to look and think about what I'm seeing. If you try it, let me know what you think :)

I think that I will wait until I get back from visiting family before I offer my readings. By then I hope that I will have some new doo-dads to play with from my fellow divas! I am eager to try/offer several kinds of readings: one with an oracle chosen from the diva's doo-dads, one that uses Satori's mandala technique and one using the mini oracle and see what advice each has to share...

BTW I loved how you spread the trinkets out in a wonderful mandala type arrangement! A great photo! I was actually rushing to get the packages out in the mail that I didn't think to take a picture of it all myself! Very cool!

LadySeishou

Satori said:
Cheering and clapping! Waves wildly at kaleanna! First to receive a set wooohooo!

:D

Nice set Lady S. Very sweet. LOVE the booklet!
Thank you Satori! Oddly enough, when I dropped off the packages at the post office, I was told that kaleanna's shouldn't expect to get her little box until tomorrow :)

I was just commenting on the lovely mandala-like arrangement that kaleanna photographed and I'm looking forward to trying your reading technique!

LadySeishou

Mellaenn said:
{Jaw drops}

Wow!!! Lady S, nicely done! What a lovely oracle kit and I love the beautiful LWB that you created. :grin: :thumbsup: I think this is the first package to arrive and you really launched us in style. :)
Thanks Mellaenn! :)

linnie

kaleanna said:
Here is the overall pic of the items sent by LadyS

Yes the bag is in the pic however, LOL, it is showing the backside of the bag as to not let out the surprise :) ) (don't wanna spoil it for the other partners :) )
Aaaarrrggghhh.... Running to catch the plane before it takes off with my parcel of 12 items each!!!!!! Hmmmm....

Seriously, that is just wonderful LadySeishou!!! All of it... My recipients have received a hand-scrawled note with a list of their items and a word on each one's meaning (according to Moi!!!!) Wow... I hope my fellow Junkanoos are not going tom such lengths as yourself,LadyS, or I will feel, well, ... a bit ungenerous!!! :(:):(:):(:)

Mellaenn

No worries, linnie, most people don't even provide a list of meanings. That's the beauty of a Junk Oracle. A little clown face or a fish has its own meaning to whomever receives the item. I just do it because I'm accustomed to 'jump-starting' the sets I do for the classes I give down here.

linnie

yes, thanks Mell.... I know most people won't... and I trust that my Junkanoos will love some of their bits, or else I would have sent them different bits... and that's ok that some people are way generous... I just hope it's not my group!!! :):):) This junking is fun... I'm loving it... but I hadn't expected so much internal dialogue between me and... me!!! Hee hee... :):):)

LadySeishou

linnie said:
...Wow... I hope my fellow Junkanoos are not going tom such lengths as yourself,LadyS, or I will feel, well, ... a bit ungenerous!!! :(:):(:):(:)
No worries there linnie! Mellaenn said at the start, after we were sorted into our groups, to get to know our fellow group members and set up our own exchange "rules." Basically the only restriction my fellow Divas set on me was no bones or "poo" (after I made a little joke about owl pellets and petrified dinosaur "poo"). Mellaenn's suggestion about an upper limit came a little too late :( as my little boxes were all set to go!

So please don't feel bad on my account - I guess that I'm one of those overachievers that Mellaenn mentioned before. I'll try to do better next time!

LadySeishou

Mellaenn said:
No worries, linnie, most people don't even provide a list of meanings. That's the beauty of a Junk Oracle. A little clown face or a fish has its own meaning to whomever receives the item. I just do it because I'm accustomed to 'jump-starting' the sets I do for the classes I give down here.
Basically this is what I do too for my writing groups - we write to prompts or starters as a writing exercise. So it was habit I guess to go ahead and provide a little list of words and phrases - kind of like priming the creative and intuitive pump so to speak. And it's something that I had fun doing! Most of the descriptions were a bit tongue-in-cheek. For example, for the jingle bell, I wrote: "Be there with bells on."

But everyone is different! Everyone has their own wonderful talents and skills and experiences to share! That's what makes this exchange so wonderful! We help each other and support each other and share our ideas and stories. And we grow stronger and wiser for the sharing, right?

Oh boy - I do tend to go on but I bet everyone knows that already... shutting up now ;) Hope everyone has a great day!

linnie

LadySeishou said:
Basically this is what I do too for my writing groups - we write to prompts or starters as a writing exercise. So it was habit I guess to go ahead and provide a little list of words and phrases - kind of like priming the creative and intuitive pump so to speak. And it's something that I had fun doing! Most of the descriptions were a bit tongue-in-cheek. For example, for the jingle bell, I wrote: "Be there with bells on."

But everyone is different! Everyone has their own wonderful talents and skills and experiences to share! That's what makes this exchange so wonderful! We help each other and support each other and share our ideas and stories. And we grow stronger and wiser for the sharing, right?

Oh boy - I do tend to go on but I bet everyone knows that already... shutting up now ;) Hope everyone has a great day!
Thanks LadyS... I was just groaning out loud for a wee second! :) Your effort was truly excellent! :)!!! I'm sure the Junkanoos will be happy with their respective 'junk' :) Those split 2nd thoughts re junk appeal to me... and kept happening as I garnered more and more treats... Fun!! I think reading with it will be wonderful...

Owl pellets!!!! I have dinosaur pooh already, but Owl pellets... awesome...

BTW I've been meaning to say that I love your bio one-liner... so... yes... describes me!!!! :):):)

kaleanna

LadySeishou said:
Hi kaleanna! *waves hi* I'm so happy to hear that the box arrived safely! You're quite welcome and I'm pleased that you think one or two of the doo-dads might find a place in your oracle! Yeah!

What do you think of the mini junk oracle? Too small? I like to throw it when my desk is buried with what ever project I have going and I need a little bit of advice ;) It's like an encouraging word from a friend - well most of the time - sometimes it's a reminder that I need to pay better attention to some situation that's about to get messy. I find that it reads as well as my more normal sized collection - maybe a wee bit better as the micro size means that I really need to look and think about what I'm seeing. If you try it, let me know what you think :)

I think that I will wait until I get back from visiting family before I offer my readings. By then I hope that I will have some new doo-dads to play with from my fellow divas! I am eager to try/offer several kinds of readings: one with an oracle chosen from the diva's doo-dads, one that uses Satori's mandala technique and one using the mini oracle and see what advice each has to share...

BTW I loved how you spread the trinkets out in a wonderful mandala type arrangement! A great photo! I was actually rushing to get the packages out in the mail that I didn't think to take a picture of it all myself! Very cool!

Hiya LadyS,

I loved all the items you sent. I showed cody(my13 yr old) the crazy bones, and he was like NO WAY, those are NOT crazy bones, and I had to tell him yes they are,they are the new crazy bones (he is use to seeing the big crazy bones, LOL).

I love the mini oracle :D, just the perfect purse size, LOL. As I said, I had been going through my "loot" to find the mini sized items that I had, LOL.
(Will get a pic taken soon of the mini and the items I found in my items to add to the ones you sent. )

BTW: love the mini fork and spoon that are in the tiny oracle.