Golden Tarot of Klimt - study group - The Emperor IV

Minotauro

well the emperor is graving the staff tightly , firmly. the piramidal designs on the clothes , tell me about structure and the chain of comand , him being at the top of them all ( the emperor being the king of lings) his crown of laurels wich is about victory of course, we should also note that the humanoid figure on the emperor's hand is in comparison with its counterpart the empress , standing on top of a globe , I see it as civilization trying to dominate the world it lives on. humanity trying to control its enviroment , etc. that is all I come up about this card right now , but I'll probably come back tomorrow after I searc more about the painting and klimts viwes on it etc.

here's a link to the card image
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tUBD_Y6o0...AMs/k2Zz1G_O6lQ/s320/04-Major-Emperor+(1).jpg

poopsie

The klimt emperor

I agree with you Minotauro. I also notice the Emperor faces West, which suggest to me that aside from wanting to expand his realm or his empire, he also is a visionary, but one whose predisposition is to put order into a world designed by him. He has a lot of triangles ... in Angeles Arrien's 5 Universal shapes, triangles were suppose to symbolize Goals and Dreams and circles are symbols of unity and wholeness. There are a few spirals which may signify change. I don't know if I am hitting it right but this particular emperor may mean emphasis on goal and structure or order, wholeness of his realm and only on occasion, a few changes.

Minotauro

I agree with you Minotauro. I also notice the Emperor faces West, which suggest to me that aside from wanting to expand his realm or his empire, he also is a visionary, but one whose predisposition is to put order into a world designed by him. He has a lot of triangles ... in Angeles Arrien's 5 Universal shapes, triangles were suppose to symbolize Goals and Dreams and circles are symbols of unity and wholeness. There are a few spirals which may signify change. I don't know if I am hitting it right but this particular emperor may mean emphasis on goal and structure or order, wholeness of his realm and only on occasion, a few changes.

that seems like a good book to have for this deck.
I know so little about sacred geometry and all that , and even with this deck I didnt think abvout studying it haha I might try and search about it.

poopsie

Hi Minotauro, the real title of the book is THE SIGNS OF LIFE. I realized it when I needed to cite it as a reference. She's got some interesting stories there and sometimes, when I look at the Klimt cards, i notice he uses a lot of shapes. The most common appears to be the triangle and the spiral.