Chariot clarified by the Fool

summerbutterfly

I did a reading regarding X's feelings for Y and in the future position got the Chariot which I didn't know whether to interpret as wanting to move forward or away from this potential relationship. The clarifier was the Fool. How would you interpret these pair of cards? Considering the other cards is the spread were a pair of fours, I was thinking that this card meant breaking the stagnation the friendship is in and taking it to the next level or just trying to move away and start a new adventure .....

Thoughts ??

Minotauro

well the charriot as the feelings for a person could be seeing them as a challege perhaps , or being victorious over them but with the fool as a clarifier I'd say take a leap of faith, gladly going witht it , just being happy , but perhaps childish or imature , they both seem pretty positive cards moving forward , not going back. I wouldnt say this is love but it seems to me like he is willing to at least give it a go.

summerbutterfly

well the charriot as the feelings for a person could be seeing them as a challege perhaps , or being victorious over them but with the fool as a clarifier I'd say take a leap of faith, gladly going witht it , just being happy , but perhaps childish or imature , they both seem pretty positive cards moving forward , not going back. I wouldnt say this is love but it seems to me like he is willing to at least give it a go.

Thank you for reminding me that the Fool means a leap fo faith. You don't take a leap of faith if you are to leave everything behind... you do it to give it one last chance, one last shot..... Thank you....

Thirteen

Leap of Faith can mean going for the new, not old!

Thank you for reminding me that the Fool means a leap fo faith. You don't take a leap of faith if you are to leave everything behind... you do it to give it one last chance, one last shot.....
Um, not necessarily. You can take leaps of faith when you see something new that you've never tried before and decide to try it. Sometimes we stick with something familiar even if it's not working simply because it's the devil we know. Doing something completely new and unknown is often harder then sticking with a familiar if troubling situation and may take more of a leap of faith to do.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that going for the "last chance" interpretation is more viable if there is no brand new alternative to the old. If this person has someone or something or someplace new to go to, rather than sticking with the old, I'd say they were going to move out and move on--aggressively so without a single look back.

The Fool is a leap of faith, but he is also about a new beginning. Fresh and without any encumbrances from the old. And both he and the chariot indicate that they really don't care what's behind or ahead, so long as they're moving along and going somewhere.

starrystarrynight

I would agree with Thirteen. This person will find a new adventure unfolding in front of him (Fool) and a good "ride" to take him there (Chariot.)

With a pair of Fours rounding out the spread (in previous positions), there is something "unhealthy" or not working right in the situation (from my experience in working with multiples of cards in spreads.) A firm foundation is needed in the relationship that simply isn't there--at least not one strong enough to hold this guy back from striking out on his own.

Sade

They want to break free!

Fool is not generally a card of committment

summerbutterfly

The Fool is a leap of faith, but he is also about a new beginning. Fresh and without any encumbrances from the old. And both he and the chariot indicate that they really don't care what's behind or ahead, so long as they're moving along and going somewhere.

Yes, but you could also take it as though they want a new beginning, clear the slate and try anew. The friendship has grown stagnant and both are dissatisfied with the status quo and don't want to lose a friend, just don't know how to make it grow again....

SunChariot

I did a reading regarding X's feelings for Y and in the future position got the Chariot which I didn't know whether to interpret as wanting to move forward or away from this potential relationship. The clarifier was the Fool. How would you interpret these pair of cards? Considering the other cards is the spread were a pair of fours, I was thinking that this card meant breaking the stagnation the friendship is in and taking it to the next level or just trying to move away and start a new adventure .....

Thoughts ??

The Chariot to me means there will be some diffiulties but they will definitely not insurmountable ones. In fact, the promise of The Charot is that if the person (peopel) does.do not give up and keep workiing on it success and victory are assured. I don't know that is is about moving away from or forward in the relationship. But it does say there will be a difficulty that must be overcome before things can move forward. And if the people don't give up they WILL move past it.

The Fool, for me is all about having faith in life. The Fool is about that childlike state of perfect faith and trust in life that a young child has who had never been hurt by life or learnt to mistrust. As a clarifier this card is asking the querent to have that childlike faith, to believe in happily ever after, to trust in life, to NOT give up. And to know that IF they do not give up that success is assured, that victory will happen. And to try to help the other to have that faith in what they share and in life too.

4's are about completion to me, completing something...so i guess that is the way they need to complete any obstacles in the way and to work past them and come out the other side.

Babs