The Answer Deck - Inspiration

sunflowr

"Inspiration" shows a key. That's all. A white key againest a black background. The key gives off a light, againest the darkness. Inspiration gives way to illumination of a situation.

lunakasha

I like this card! Like many of the cards in this deck (including LOVE, GOOD FORTUNE and POWER), the design is deceptively simple but the concept of it, the actual meaning behind it, is extremely powerful. When I first laid eyes on some of these cards, including Inspiration, I think I may have underestimated them....

Inspiration...a key....that's IT???

But when I saw this card in a spread for the first time, I realized that there is a lot more to this card than meets the eye. I see this card as having the power to unlock hidden doors in the shadows of my mind...it reminds me that the key to figuring out who I am and what I want to accomplish is probably right here in front of me...even though I may not see it right away.

When I see Inspiration in a spread, I get an excited, butterflies feeling in my stomach...because it tells me that the answer to a problem or question is now within reach....

:) Luna

sunflowr

lunakasha said:
I like this card! Like many of the cards in this deck (including LOVE, GOOD FORTUNE and POWER), the design is deceptively simple but the concept of it, the actual meaning behind it, is extremely powerful. When I first laid eyes on some of these cards, including Inspiration, I think I may have underestimated them....

Inspiration...a key....that's IT???

But when I saw this card in a spread for the first time, I realized that there is a lot more to this card than meets the eye. I see this card as having the power to unlock hidden doors in the shadows of my mind...it reminds me that the key to figuring out who I am and what I want to accomplish is probably right here in front of me...even though I may not see it right away.

When I see Inspiration in a spread, I get an excited, butterflies feeling in my stomach...because it tells me that the answer to a problem or question is now within reach....

I got it in my daily 2 card, along with "gain". Hmmmm :)

lunakasha

sunflowr said:
I got it in my daily 2 card, along with "gain". Hmmmm :)

Yes....I just posted to the "Gain" thread....and I think your take on the two cards makes sense....

I am going to post on the opposing card now..."Loss".

My least favorite card, BTW....:eek:

Alissa

This card is elegant in its simplicity, like the overall theme of the deck. A white skeleton key, like a reverse silhouette, on a black background.

When we have those "A-ha~!" moments in life, it feels as if we have been given a key indeed. What does the key fit? A door? Where does the door lead? What was denied to you before, but now you have access to? How did you get this key? Was it given to you, or did you have to go looking for it on your own...?

And why a skeleton key? Iconographically, it's easy to recognize, although they haven't been in common use for most of us for many generations. I've only had one door that took a skeleton key (in England, mind you).

There is an antiquated feeling to a skeleton key. It suggests, therefore, the LOCK is old as well. (So, exactly how long as this been locked?)

Opening the doors to the mind is of course a very immediate interpretation, given the mental concept of Inspiring, and the graphic image of a key.

Chronata

I love the symbol of the key...and the round about way it comes to represent inspiration for me!

But for that, I have to go through all the things that the key represents in my personal symbology record.

I keep skeleton keys like this on my normal key chain. I have a collection of them...and they do inspire me when I look at them, as they make me think of all the unknown possibilities and things those antique keys had once opened...

And all the doors in my parents house where I grew up still have these old locks...and once they all had skeleton keys too(although I think I stole most when I left, because they weren't being used!) The only one that worked well was the one for my closet door.
And I used to daydream about what that closet led to...a secret passage to Narnia or another world? I often still dream(at night) about that closet, and all it contains, or could...the inspiration that comes from thinking outside the box...spiralling to what could be.
The key is often in that same dream...and it occurs often in guided meditations as a gift from the quarter of the East...the kingdom of Air.
Air is the mind, intellectual thoughts and pursuits new ideas and inspirations...and the key is that symbol telling me to unlock those doors in my mind, to create new possibilities...
to dream
to imagine...
to inspire.
and to be inspired.

I also use the key as a symbol in the first oracle system I created...It represents the planet Jupiter, and also responsibility and... inspiration.
The key is also a system that organizes...or unlocks mysteries, hidden inspiration. a key can break a code, or inspire in you other ways of thinking, and creating patterns.

I think the key...and this card is inspiring me to write all these words right now, even if they don't seem to be making any sense!

lunakasha

Here is a picture of Inspiration:

EDITED: WHY are these attachments not happening??? :(

lunakasha

Here it is: Inspiration

Attachments

• inspiration.jpg
    inspiration.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 169

sunflowr

Fame-Inspiration

Today's dailies are "fame" and "inspiration". I got Fame yesterday, too! Yesterday paired with Secrets. Today, paired with Inspiration. The tarot card being "9 of wands. rev", from the Quest. (I dont usually read reversed but I do with the Quest).

Lack of Power is what reversed 9 of wands says to me. Paired with Fame and Inspiration. I'm lost. ;p Those sunglasses again! haha! Hmm.. Am I missing an opportunity to be inspired by someone around me? Someone unknown to me but with whom I could be inspired? Oh, I dont know. Help! ;)