Hallowquest Study Group anyone?

PathWalker

I tried to start the Quest for the Stone this winter, but I still haven't done the ritual. I would love to, but there always seem to be other priorities.

Maybe you could just read the ritual out loud to yourself, pledging yourself to the Quest? Outdoors perhaps. That wouldn't take too long or be too complicated?
And you could put a special stone on your windowsill, or outside your front door to remind yourself?
Then you could work on the chapters :)

I find I just have to be accepting of myself, and keep going, no matter how slowly - it's the journey and the learning that's important I think?

Pathwalker :)

desertrat

Is this THE thread for the Hallowquest study group, or is there another? I just purchased the deck and book (the OLD one, the yellow one) and am interested in working through it and sharing with others. Please direct. :D

PathWalker

Thank you Pathwalker. I will see you there. :) How far have you gotten in the course?

Desertrat, I realise I didn't answer this post :(
I have completed one quarter of the course, but work at it very slowly, and not really bothering about the time of year right now :)

Are you planning on starting soon? Folks come and go as life allows I think.

Best wishes
Pathwalker

DaisyDragonfly

I may try and start in on this - with the Sword Hallow, it being Spring Equinox and all - but I'm sure I'll meander horribly.

Nonetheless, I'll drop in and out as appropriate :)

PathWalker

It'll be great to 'see' you whenever you can manage - it took me ages to complete one section, I just tried not to give up completely :)

desertrat

Desertrat, I realise I didn't answer this post :(
I have completed one quarter of the course, but work at it very slowly, and not really bothering about the time of year right now :)

Are you planning on starting soon? Folks come and go as life allows I think.

Best wishes
Pathwalker

Well, I have the book sitting out on my desk...that's as far as I've gotten. :rolleyes: But I do still plan on starting. I seriously doubt I will be able to do one lesson per week. I think you've got it right when you say to do it as life allows. :)

DaisyDragonfly

Realized I couldn't start the spring equinox set of lessons because I hadn't finished the introductory set! I've started those, then will just trot along as I can :)

Pathwalker: I can see how it would take a while to just one lesson! I think giving yourself the freedom to take the time you need is key to getting through.

Quick question: when I'm answering the questions posed in the lessons, I'm pulling cards to help me focus my answers. Does anybody else do that? Last night I was working on the Wasteland questions for the Seeker card; the cards I pulled helped me, especially the last one (what lies beyond the Abyss). But looking at other people's responses in the lesson threads, I'm not sure other people did what I'm doing.

Not that it matters! We'll each do it the best way for ourselves... but I am just wondering :)

PathWalker

Morning DaisyDragonfly!

Good for you on getting started :) To answer your question for myself; I don't use cards at that point, but I don't think it's 'wrong' provided you feel the cards are helping you reveal something from inside you that you're then expressing outwardly.

A lot of the thrust of the course is inner exploration and understanding, so if the cards assist with that, that's a great way to use them. It would be counter-productive if they just enabled a person to reel off a quick answer that didn't connect with their inner self, because they'd be failing to look inside, and then how would they journey or change?

Does that make sense?
So, if you feel the cards are expressing visually what you feel within, then it works! But if you don't feel any link or connection for any particular issue, then maybe spend time thinking, doodling, writing, talk out loud, whatever allows your inner self to shine through.

That's how it would be for me anyway, but everyone IS different, so just trust your instinct I guess :)

Enjoy
PW x