Book of Shadows "As Above" Study Group

Eyebright

Hi everyone,

I know this deck has only just come out, but I think it would be a great deck to study due to it not following RWS or any of the other traditions out there!

Would anybody else be interested in joining me in a study of this deck, and the "So Below" part when that comes out next year? I think there's a lot that could be gained from studying this deck. :)

Eyebright

Disa

I am interested, but I don't have the deck yet. It says expected arrival Sept 13-18th. I'll jump in when I can.

Eyebright

That will be great, Disa! Look forward to you jumping in when you get the deck. I think a lot of people are in the same boat as you, so it will probably be very slow going for a while :)

Eeviee

I'm sure I'll be participating once it makes it's US debut!

Eyebright

Great Eevie! I look forward to you joining in also. :)

Does anyone have any preference regarding an order to progressing through the cards? Or do people just want to start a thread on a card when they have something they want to say about it?

Eeviee

Great Eevie! I look forward to you joining in also. :)

Does anyone have any preference regarding an order to progressing through the cards? Or do people just want to start a thread on a card when they have something they want to say about it?

...I vote... start wherever you'd like! xD
I'll be joining as soon as I can! Barbara said she'd be putting them in the mail on Monday! -Hopefully it shall be in by hands by the following week!

Eyebright

...I vote... start wherever you'd like! xD
I'll be joining as soon as I can! Barbara said she'd be putting them in the mail on Monday! -Hopefully it shall be in by hands by the following week!

I don't mind waiting for you Eeviee, it will be more fun to work with someone! :)

Lucky you winning that competition, congratulations :D

Eeviee

I don't mind waiting for you Eeviee, it will be more fun to work with someone! :)

Lucky you winning that competition, congratulations :D

Crazy lucky! The only kind of luck I usually have is the bad kind! ;]
Thanks so much! =] You all are so kind!

I just got it in the mail today! Let me tell you, speedy! So shocked and thrilled! -Not only that, but it has exceeded my expectations! First time, for a new deck, that!
Just took a quick peak at the cards and LBW. Off to the park to get aquainted with this beauty!

Ready to start when you are! If I don't hear back from you, I may start posting tonight!

Eyebright

Crazy lucky! The only kind of luck I usually have is the bad kind! ;]
Thanks so much! =] You all are so kind!

I just got it in the mail today! Let me tell you, speedy! So shocked and thrilled! -Not only that, but it has exceeded my expectations! First time, for a new deck, that!
Just took a quick peak at the cards and LBW. Off to the park to get aquainted with this beauty!

Ready to start when you are! If I don't hear back from you, I may start posting tonight!

Fantastic! If I have time I will start with one of the cards (tbc which one) today :D

Eyebright

OK, if you are happy with this Eevie, I will start with the World card from the major arcana. Moore groups the Majors in the companion book in a different way to the traditional Fool's journey. Instead she groups them according a pagan theme, so although the cards have the traditional numbers on them it is not the order she lists them in the book!

I will open a general thread on the major arcana first to discuss how she orders them, and will then progress to creating a thread for the World, the card she lists first. Hope that is OK with you, and anyways if you don't want to work in that order you can just start some threads yourself too! :D