Your Altar

Milfoil

It's lovely Carla, elegant and balanced. :)

Disa

Here's my Altar

Attachments

• Lammas 2012.jpg
    Lammas 2012.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 145

Bhavana

Here is my bedroom altar, it's on the top of a small dresser. In the close up photo, the tiny shell to the left of the brass bell was sent to me from Hawaii by Debra, and the lotus flower is made of shells also. The framed print in the background is a vintage tinted photo of a monastery in California. There is also a shelf above, but up there I just have a plant...and some of my rosaries hanging down. The owl drawing to the left was just given to me by one of my nieces. I also keep some of my bigger crystals here. The kids rearrange things all the time...

Sometimes I think it is too colorful, and I need to tone things down, calm it down a little...but no matter how hard I try to be more neutral, color has a way of seeping into my life. I am thinking of setting up a meditation/yoga area in my bedroom, and will move the altar to a lower table I have that is made from a ship hatchcover. I'd also like to get a stone buddha, maybe one that is a little bigger.

ETA - the salt rock candle holder was given to me by a member here that lives close by me - I love it so much!

Attachments

• bedrm 001.jpg
    bedrm 001.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 146
  • bedrm 004.jpg
    bedrm 004.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 133

Disa

It's beautiful, Bhavana. I don't think it's too colorful at all. It's very peaceful.

Glass Owl

Oh, Bhavana, your altar is so pretty! I wish I could lay out some crystals like that but my cats would use them as toys.

Carla

Bhavana, it is beautiful!! I want to increase my crystal collection. :) But my altar space is very small, I don't have much space to display things, and I can't abide an overcrowded display (for me personally). Yours is lovely. :D

Winterchild

Crystals

Oh, Bhavana, your altar is so pretty! I wish I could lay out some crystals like that but my cats would use them as toys.

My cats do this.... I must take photos of my reading space and altar.... I found my camera this morning (in my 11 year old daughters room..... *nothing* is sacred!!)

Loving the photo's....

Bhavana

I have one of those very strange cats who does not climb up on counters or tables. But if something drops onto the floor, it becomes her toy.

Carla, I don't like crowded or cluttered spaces either! I just love clean clear zen like spaces....I'd love nothing more than to eliminate 95% of my "stuff" and make my home more serene visually. Not easy to do, though. And since I never know where to start, and have such a hard time deciding what to let go, I just do nothing.....(((sigh)))....and the stuff just keeps piling up.

Bhavana

Here's my Altar

I must have missed this post when I was on last night -
very nice! Love the native american touches, and that altar cloth is beautiful!