Your Altar

Disa

I must have missed this post when I was on last night -
very nice! Love the native american touches, and that altar cloth is beautiful!

Thanks, the thing is- my whole room is Native American themed. Those pics on the wall just happened to be there before I ever had an altar. It's the only room away from the the hustle and bustle in the house where people don't normally disturb things.

Bhavana

Thanks, the thing is- my whole room is Native American themed. Those pics on the wall just happened to be there before I ever had an altar. It's the only room away from the the hustle and bustle in the house where people don't normally disturb things.

well, they fit in nicely with the altar, native american traditions and spirituality align so closely with some aspects of the pagan/goddess religions.

Richard

My altar is very spartan: white and black candles and the elemental weapons. It's for ceremonial use. I'm too much of a klutz to have it adorned with statues and crystals and various knickknacks.

Attachments

• altar.jpg
    altar.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 175

Carla

My altar is very spartan: white and black candles and the elemental weapons. It's for ceremonial use. I'm too much of a klutz to have it adorned with statues and crystals and various knickknacks.

Wow, Richard, that is one serious looking altar! It's amazing, very theatrical.

Disa

I love it! That's how mine outside would look- I'm afraid to leave things out in the elements- just take them with me when I go out and put them back when I come in.

I do have other altars for different uses, I just never thought to call them altars, I guess. The one in my pic is the only one I actually meant to create- the others sort of created themselves when I didn't realize it.

Disa

well, they fit in nicely with the altar, native american traditions and spirituality align so closely with some aspects of the pagan/goddess religions.

I agree. I think that's why I like it all so much. It works together somehow :)

Disa

I changed my Altar a little for Mabon. My goal initially was to go through an entire Wheel of the Year for one solid year. This past Lammas, marked the completion of my goal, so now I'm on to year 2 and I have found I can't always remember which altar cloth I used for which Sabbat the last time, or which things I put on it before- so taking a picture each time will help me for the next go round. Some of the basics stay the same, some things I switch out according to the Sabbat.

I also decided to take a pic of an Altar which I didn't intend to be an altar at all. This was a small closet that the DH was supposed to expand and refinish and turn into a bathroom, but he never got around to it so- I told him to find me an old chest to store things in and I will put my candles, herbs, etc in the chest in this closet. One thing led to another and it's now a storage closet for all my "Goodies". Anytime the DH can't find me he yells down the stairs, "Are you in the closet?" ERM.... I used the scarves to cover up the heating and air ducts, never mind the white cord hanging down the middle- complements of ATT UVERSE people who would not leave enough slack to tack it up out of the way....Anyway...

Attachments

• Mabon Altar.jpg
    Mabon Altar.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Inside Atar 1.jpg
    Inside Atar 1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Inside Altar 2.jpg
    Inside Altar 2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 128

Carla

I've been working on a little elemental/faerie altar lately. Does anyone keep one of these, and would you like to share? Mine isn't finished yet but so far I have put on the Ace cards from the Sidhe tarot and a couple of little figures at British Heart Foundation charity shop that I liked, a gnome sitting under a mushroom, which surrounded by rocks represents earth, and a little winged fairy sitting on a crackle glass ball, which with some feathers around it represents air. Still waiting for my fire and water representations to make themselves known to me. :)