Soul Cards please help

direwolf336

I know I thought that too :) I think it's the darkness of the Soul Cards 1 that I like and it was also the first pack that I saw online. The second pack seems really different not the same as the first pack at all, very different feelings when I look at them.

That would be a sure sign for me that the 1st set is the one. I still haven't laid eyes on set 1 but will be curious to see them at our next gem and crystal show!! If I dig the imagery, I'll go ahead and pick up a deck!!!

Tarot by G

Well for the last week I have been using Soul Cards 2 and I do find them brighter to look at but I still prefer Soul Cards 1. I have a connection with the Soul Cards 1 that I haven't got with the second pack yet. I might try combining the decks just to see how I get on with them as a whole. :)

Isn't is funny how different we all are lol That's so good you have a connection with 1 I'd keep using them until your ready to connect to 2. I tried combining but it didn't feel right for me:(
Let me know how you go.

Hey maybe soul 1 doesn't feel comfortable for me because there are things in that deck that I have to face or am currently facing?

Emily

That would be a sure sign for me that the 1st set is the one. I still haven't laid eyes on set 1 but will be curious to see them at our next gem and crystal show!! If I dig the imagery, I'll go ahead and pick up a deck!!!

The deck is shown in full on her website, I saw them on there and realised that I liked them - much better in the hand though. :) I was comparing the two sets again this morning and they are much darker than the 2nd set.

Emily

Hey maybe soul 1 doesn't feel comfortable for me because there are things in that deck that I have to face or am currently facing?

I thought that too - they do seem to pick up on certain fears and uncertainties. They are much darker and not just in the colours used, they are darker in feel. Maybe they are what I need at the moment too. I don't find them depressing though or I wouldn't use them. I'm getting as much out of these cards as I do with my tarot cards. I've started laying out 3 cards in a row as I ask a question and see what I get.

Tarot by G

I thought that too - they do seem to pick up on certain fears and uncertainties. They are much darker and not just in the colours used, they are darker in feel. Maybe they are what I need at the moment too. I don't find them depressing though or I wouldn't use them. I'm getting as much out of these cards as I do with my tarot cards. I've started laying out 3 cards in a row as I ask a question and see what I get.

Hmmm something to think about :)

Emily

I've also realised something else about this deck - there are some cards that can be upright or reversed and when you first look at them, its not apparent that they are upside down. I'm not sure how these cards got reversed but I had to look in the back of the book to see if I had them the right way up. LOL

SunChariot

Any tips?
I'm really struggling to connect.....
I can't read the pictures well at all....
Why?

Is it just this particular deck, or do you find it hard to read the pictures in any deck that would have no text to it?

If you are not getting anything from the images as a whole, maybe try breaking the images into pieces/parts. Eg what do you see? What colours? What does the texture look like? What do you see: Movement? An open mouth? A flower

Then stop and senes what each part is saying, in relation to your question.

Eg the colour blue can mean happiness one day, that feelings we get from a beautiful sunny day with blue skies. OR blue like in sad. Or remind you of a blue dress you once had and how you felt when you wore it...Just the first thing that comes to mind in each reading ....go with it.

If the texture looks rough, it could be saying that the querent will have a rough time of things for a bit.

Movement could say that things are moving forward in the situation

An open mouth could be about communication, or just opening up to new things.

A flower, could be beauty, romance....etc whatver you feel in teh moment.

Then the story just builds from all the things you sensed there.

Hope that helps.

Babs

Emily

Also, with the card laid out in front of you, if the figure is facing left I'm taking that as meaning the past, if the figure faces right then that's the future. There are a few cards that are very distinctive in the way they are facing. This method is working for me, maybe it will work for you too. Also the full face cards, are they looking at you? What do you see in the eyes? Hope this helps. :)

SunChariot

Also, with the card laid out in front of you, if the figure is facing left I'm taking that as meaning the past, if the figure faces right then that's the future.

I do that to! :grin:

Babs