Got the Sakki-Sakki tarot!!

Hedera

I'm glad you like them too, Imagemaker!
I think this could turn out to be a really valued deck.

Today I did another daily reading with it: this deck packs quite a punch! Very upbeat and honest, it's really invigorating.
Like a smart, cheerful, supportive, energetic friend.

It also seems to like giving me Majors for two of each three cards I pull....;)

Ooooh, it's dark now, I can check the light-effect!
Only I don't have any blue lights.... perhaps green will work?

M-Press

Oh, thanks imagemaker!!!
glad you like the size... I just to carry EVERYTHING with me, so... the size had to be that! ;)

ferrous...
Just a suggestion before i hit my dreamzone:
you can always lock yourself in the bathroom and use the light of a cellphone (mine has blue light). I just tried it-and it works!!!

M-Press

he..he...!
you girls can make me stay up all night!!!

green light?
well, let us know hedera! I only have blues here...;)

ferrous

M-Press said:
green light?
well, let us know hedera! I only have blues here...;)
Hmm, you have me wondering, now. I have no decent blue light sources (only the dvd player & it's only the tiniest little bit of light & sort of a green/blue).

I tried my mobile phone, but it's also geen, like Hedera's. I couldn't see anything exciting, except my Sakki-Sakki deck. ;)

ferrous

Question about the Artist card ..

I have a question for M-Press about the Artist card, if she has time to answer it, since I'm sure she's busy sending out decks. (I'll get flogged if I delay the delivery of anyone's deck! :D)

On the site & in the LWB it says:

"The creative process for this deck has led me to an unending visual and philosophical discovery in which I have found the Artist in me and thus the 79th card “The Artist”. The Artist card is not traditionally a part of the Tarot, but a special addition to the Sakki-Sakki deck. This card comprises pieces from all the Major Arcana and serves to awake the Artist’s point of view—whether towards an artistic creation, or the crafting of one’s life. An Artist is everyone who wants to creatively to affect their life."

Particularly I'm wondering about where it says, "This card comprises pieces from all the Major Arcana".

I apologise if I'm simply suffering from Mother's Brain, but where are the pieces from the Major Arcana?

M-Press

Green light and blue light...

The CD light might work, actually.
what i discovered, is that by changing the lighting, the deck becomes a "negative".
The white backgrounds pop out, and the darks go back. The back pattern of the cards (I call it Amebas, some see flowers there...) becomes something else completely! The pale yellow turns to a dark color, and then the blue shapes just jump out...
It could be nice to do readings in "a parlor" with such lighting...
Kind of spooky actually... I 'm just thrilled that I made a discovery, in my own back yard!!! :)

Hedera

LOL, my mobile is so ancient it doesn't have *any* light - blue, green or otherwise.
(it's also really big and heavy, so I tend to leave it at home; kinda defeats the purpose....:D )

But my watch does (I have a lovely Baby-G which shows the phase of the moon and the tides) and green works too.

Nifty! ;)

M-Press

Re: Question about the Artist card ..

ferrous said:
Particularly I'm wondering about where it says, "This card comprises pieces from all the Major Arcana".

Well, ferrous, first of all I just found a typo. A "to" too many. Well... inevitable I guess...

Now, you sure spotted something here. A big something.
At the beginning I did have the intention of creating The Artist as an additional archetype, becasue sure I think it's needed. I just never saw all the difficulties of the Artist in The Magician. The Magician for me is the "doing" phase, but what if an Artist doesn't??? (and we've all been there...)

Also,while adding something of my own, i wanted to respect the traditional structure. The coming book (and some discussions with my professor), is what brought the solution.

For NOW, in the deck, that Artist can be used as a significator or as an additional card, but in the coming book, i'll show the Artist part, in each of the major arcana archetypes.
Meaning, I'll discuss The Artist of The Magician, The Artist of the High Priestess, The Artist of The Empress, and so on.
This is also why this deck is for the Artist in Each of us, because since the majors tell everyman's story, they also tell Everyartist's...
There will be interpretations that focus specifically on the "making art" part of life...
I was planning to keep that as a surprise....but I couldn't resist now... ferrous doing all this homework!!!

This whole idea, sprang form the class that I designed for art & design undergraduate students. You see, one of my passions, is to combine together all my passions! So, if I want to teach a design class, why not do it my way? Why not according to the tarot?

The Class is called "Explore your creative process/Develop your personal style, according to the tarot". I haven't showed it around yet... they'll probabaly think I'm mad, so I'm trying to present it in a so-academic look, so that thay won't immediately reject it.

I'm also debating, whether to do the book, and then go on with this, or teach a few classes, revise my techniques, and then come with a killer book. Time will tell and that will take time. I'm still recovering, not sure what I really want to do next. I'm establishing my equilibrium now: too artsy for the mystics, too mystical for the arts-need to Temperance that!!!!

ferrous

Re: Re: Question about the Artist card ..

M-Press said:
For NOW, in the deck, that Artist can be used as a significator or as an additional card, but in the coming book, i'll show the Artist part, in each of the major arcana archetypes.
Meaning, I'll discuss The Artist of The Magician, The Artist of the High Priestess, The Artist of The Empress, and so on.
This is also why this deck is for the Artist in Each of us, because since the majors tell everyman's story, they also tell Everyartist's...
HOW EXCITING! :D Now I'm even more keen for the book to come out.

This may be silly, but do you know what I thought of as you mentioned about the artists of the tarot? I could just imagine having the artist card with a cut out section, or perhaps everything but the curtains done in a clear plastic, & holding the card over each of the major arcana archetypes, so showing each of them through the card, sort of stanfing on the stage of the artist card. *chuckle* Like I said, silly, but I'd do it, I know I would .. lol! :D

M-Press said:
This whole idea, sprang form the class that I designed for art & design undergraduate students. You see, one of my passions, is to combine together all my passions! So, if I want to teach a design class, why not do it my way? Why not according to the tarot?

The Class is called "Explore your creative process/Develop your personal style, according to the tarot"
Wow. That sounds absolultely awesome. I hope it comes to being just as you hope. :)

tao51

I love the artwork

Yes, my head is turned by a pretty Tarot Deck! This is no exception! The colors and designsare breathtaking. I will have to add this to my list.--Tao