Dream Divination 2013-001

YDM42

Yes I do have issues of going along with stuff because I want to express gratitude to to the person who offered. I also have a tendency not to say what I feel and hold that stuff inside. Thanks for the advice.

I dreamt an old friend I havent seen in ages due to her moving etc invited me to her beach house out of the blue which was a really nice gesture. And I actually thought with a smile: How nice! :heart:

However, I didnt want to go, and I said so as well. (Nothing bad just I didnt want to do it).

MESSAGE I THINK HERE IS: No matter how inviting something may be, go with your gut instinct regardless and dont hold back from saying what you think or feel. :)

krystalkitty

Well, I agree with your assessment of the dream, as well I had a revelation yesterday while driving -- and that revelation was that I should not focus on the material aspects when setting my goals, the things that are in my life currently came from focusing on the material aspects of what I wanted. All that glitters is not gold. Being clear on what I want and then asking for it, is not as easy at it might seam- at first. I have now learned that I should focus on the prototype, or the purpose of the thing that I want, and not be specific with the outer form, or numbers....like in the size of the dress. Does it do what I need it do, what DO I desire of these goals, and what purpose will they serve in my life, so it seems if I set my heart on what pupose these things will serve in my life I will be closer to finding the answer. How many of us want something and then get it and find it not fulfilling. So the object is to focus first on the feeling or intention of "fulfillment" and work backwards from there. You dream makes perfect sense to me.

i love this interpretation and can completely relate here to working backwards..much that is material is fulfilling everything that I truly value you can not buy.. as you say all that is glitters is not gold. glad it made sense to you...

and the zombies I can see how this could reflect poverty and wanting to keep above this..

thanks for feedback

YDM42

i love this interpretation and can completely relate here to working backwards..much that is material is fulfilling everything that I truly value you can not buy.. as you say all that is glitters is not gold. glad it made sense to you...

and the zombies I can see how this could reflect poverty and wanting to keep above this..

thanks for feedback

Yeah, in the past I think I saw something and experienced a feeling and thought to myself, wow that must be nice, and when I did my visualization I would focus on that person or that situation in wanting something like that in my life. Lets say I saw someone who seemed to have a very supportive husband, then I focus on the qualities of that husband in my visualizations for what I wanted. That is focusing on the material, the material manifestation or representation of what you desire, who know what was entailed in achieving this physical state....so....I found its better I focus on the prototype, if I desire a situation that makes me feel supported and loved, then I focus on that feeling ---vs any outer manifestations of it, and then go from there.

celticnoodle

I remembered my dream from last night. I had 2 different dreams.
The first dream, I was in a restaurant, eating with my sister, who was visiting us. It was dark outside, but it came time to leave. Apparently, we met each other there in our own vehicles (odd). I watched as she climbed into her vehicle (she has a big vehicle, you nearly need a step ladder to climb into it.

We chit-chat a bit about stuff, (can't recall now) and I'm watching her backing out of the parking spot. I do go back into the restaurant though, instead of getting into my car. I open the door to walk in and see our dad sitting at the table, smiling at me and waving. (he's deceased). That is all I dreamed about in the 1st dream.

this last one I dreamed that my mother, sister and brother and a child whom I don't know who she was, came to visit me. It was snowing (it is really snowing here in real life too). and we were watching tv in my living room. We were all sort of camped out in the LR--I was wrapped up in my blanket laying on the couch. The young girl was sitting on the floor in front of me.

I heard a commotion outside, so I got up and peeked outside my kitchen door and I saw a car there-parked. odd. I don't recongize the car, who could it be? but, I decide not to worry about it. Its night time too--but, I just walk away from the door.

Then, I hear all this commotion at my door, and so I go back again and there is this little moppy looking dog scratching at my door and barking at me, excitedly. I don't recognize teh dog either, but he won't leave. So, I open up the door to shoo him away, but he's really excited to see me and is dancing around, jumping and barking.

It was then that I see the car is still parked there. So, I call out, "Who's there? Who is it?" and no answer. I walk out onto the porch and call out again. (It doesn't look like my yard in the dream at all). Out of no-where a young man approaches me and says, "hi! it's okay, we're having a little trouble is all." and then I notice two other cars in the yard, and realize they had an accident in my yard. (this happens all the time in our yard)

so, I offer to call the police, and the young man smiles and says, "Yes, that would be helpful, thank you". Then, another young man, whom I can't see well calls out to the first and the first yells back, "no, she's cool. she's going to call the police!" as he walks out of my sight towards the other young man.

I go back into my home, close the door and call the police. My mother is looking for a soda and asking where to find it. I point her into the direction of the sodas in a cooler that is on the floor of my kitchen (wierd!) and then she explains that she wants to watch HER tv show now and I wake up! :D

I found a dog image that is close to the dog I saw. the dog I saw in my dream was darker in color though--

celticnoodle

I've also caught up on everyone elses dreams and the fb you have given. very interesting dreams everyone! And, I'm glad that YDM42 seems to be able to identify with them all! this is GREAT! YDM42, you are apparently easy to dream for, which tells me you are also open to this. I hope that by the end of this dream exercise, it has helped you with your question.

krystalkitty

another dream.

hey,

so tonight I dreamt was visiting my family home back in the UK we don't have basements. there were new people in the house I could see them washing up by the window but there was a side entrance and then suddenly was in this massive room under the house it was huge as open plan.

I have been trying to reflect the meaning here whether it is to expect the unexpected. don't judge people,situations on first appearances and impressions or something regarding comfort in the past as was able to get in the house that my parents no longer lived in but it was a hideaway so maybe not to hide in the past..

there was more things but are too hazy to remember now :)

kk

DownUnderNZer

I know I dreamt only nothing to recall except I didnt want to sleep through the alarm clock if it went off! So....not restful I spose as the alarm clock was important.

Ps Alarm clocks arent usually important to me.

YDM42

I remembered my dream from last night. I had 2 different dreams.
The first dream, I was in a restaurant, eating with my sister, who was visiting us. It was dark outside, but it came time to leave. Apparently, we met each other there in our own vehicles (odd). I watched as she climbed into her vehicle (she has a big vehicle, you nearly need a step ladder to climb into it.

We chit-chat a bit about stuff, (can't recall now) and I'm watching her backing out of the parking spot. I do go back into the restaurant though, instead of getting into my car. I open the door to walk in and see our dad sitting at the table, smiling at me and waving. (he's deceased). That is all I dreamed about in the 1st dream.
I don't know what this one could be about, my father is also deceased, I do have an older sister that I am sometimes compared to? I'm not sure I do believe the hieght of her vehicle has some significance.

this last one I dreamed that my mother, sister and brother and a child whom I don't know who she was, came to visit me. It was snowing (it is really snowing here in real life too). and we were watching tv in my living room. We were all sort of camped out in the LR--I was wrapped up in my blanket laying on the couch. The young girl was sitting on the floor in front of me.

I heard a commotion outside, so I got up and peeked outside my kitchen door and I saw a car there-parked. odd. I don't recongize the car, who could it be? but, I decide not to worry about it. Its night time too--but, I just walk away from the door.

Then, I hear all this commotion at my door, and so I go back again and there is this little moppy looking dog scratching at my door and barking at me, excitedly. I don't recognize teh dog either, but he won't leave. So, I open up the door to shoo him away, but he's really excited to see me and is dancing around, jumping and barking.

It was then that I see the car is still parked there. So, I call out, "Who's there? Who is it?" and no answer. I walk out onto the porch and call out again. (It doesn't look like my yard in the dream at all). Out of no-where a young man approaches me and says, "hi! it's okay, we're having a little trouble is all." and then I notice two other cars in the yard, and realize they had an accident in my yard. (this happens all the time in our yard)

so, I offer to call the police, and the young man smiles and says, "Yes, that would be helpful, thank you". Then, another young man, whom I can't see well calls out to the first and the first yells back, "no, she's cool. she's going to call the police!" as he walks out of my sight towards the other young man.

I go back into my home, close the door and call the police. My mother is looking for a soda and asking where to find it. I point her into the direction of the sodas in a cooler that is on the floor of my kitchen (wierd!) and then she explains that she wants to watch HER tv show now and I wake up! :D

I found a dog image that is close to the dog I saw. the dog I saw in my dream was darker in color though--

This one is interesting, it's vaguely familiar. It reminds me of this house I used to live in, one day my daughter and I were getting in my truck and this steel metal blue dog, like the one you showed me came and was jumping very high, almost over the top of the truck, on her side and she opened the door to grab him, he belonged to the neighbors down the street who quickly came to retrieve him. It was that day that my daughter told me she wanted a dog like that..only smaller. I asked her if she knew how much those dogs cost. Any how I told her to hold her desire in her heart and we even did a vision board, and sure enough....we ended up being given a Yorkie. The same with my Pomeranian, when I first saw one I fell in love with it, and eventually someone ended up giving us one. I think this all ties into intention and desire, and also that in the process of getting what we desired, we had to or was put in a position to help someone. Our dog does not look like the one you posted, its a smaller version of it, but his hair is always in his face , and the one you posted looks like the original one that inspired my daughter. I always tell my daughter that Dog is God spelled backwards. I have to work on this one more, I thought about it all day yesterday....

To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self.

Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc

To dream that you are in the living room represents the image that you portray to others and the way which you go about your life. It is representative of your basic beliefs about yourself and who you are. Alternatively, the living room is indicative of your freedom and space. This is the boundary between your personal self and your public self. Objects that do not belong in the living room denotes the various aspects of your life that are invading your personal space

To see your home in your dream signifies security, basic needs, and values. You may be feeling at " home" or settled at your new job or environment. Alternatively, the dream represents your basic needs and priorities

To see a dog in your dream symbolizes intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. The dream suggests that your strong values and good intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and bring you success.

To see a happily barking dog in your dream symbolizes pleasures and social activity. You are being accepted into some circle- (this also ties in to the fact that the stranger said...she's cool--some form of acceptance here?)

To see a black colored dog in your dream symbolizes the shadow aspect of a friend. The dark side of someone close to you is being revealed and you are able to see through to their true intentions.

To see children in your dream, signify an aspect of yourself and your childlike qualities. You may be retreating back to a childlike state and longing for the past. You are trying to still satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Perhaps there is something that you need to see grow and nurture. Take some time off and cater to the inner child within. Alternatively, the dream may be highlighting your innocence, purity, simplicity, and carefree attitude.

To see your father in your dream symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant.

To see your mother in your dream represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection

To see your sister in your dream symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with her, whether it one of sibling rivalry, nurturance, protectiveness, etc. Your sister may draw attention to your family role.

YDM42

hey,

so tonight I dreamt was visiting my family home back in the UK we don't have basements. there were new people in the house I could see them washing up by the window but there was a side entrance and then suddenly was in this massive room under the house it was huge as open plan.

I have been trying to reflect the meaning here whether it is to expect the unexpected. don't judge people,situations on first appearances and impressions or something regarding comfort in the past as was able to get in the house that my parents no longer lived in but it was a hideaway so maybe not to hide in the past..

there was more things but are too hazy to remember now :)

kk
I think you are spot on when you say not to hide in the past...thats what I am kinda feeling right now, that so often we use the past as crutch. I know the house has some spiritual meaning, and I will look that up, the basement even has a meaning.

In particular, to see your childhood home, your hometown, or a home that you previously lived in indicates your own desires for building a family or your beliefs about home. It also reflects aspects of yourself that were prominent or developed during the time you lived in that home. You may experience some unfinished feelings that were now being triggered by a waking situation. Alternatively, the dream may symbolize your outdated thinking.

To dream that you are in a basement symbolizes your unconscious mind and intuition. The appearance of the basement is an indication of your unconscious state of mind and level of satisfaction. It represents primal urges, animalistic desires and basic needs. The dream may also be metaphor for "abasement" or being "debased". Are you feeling humbled or unworthy?

So this dream is speaking to my childhood beliefs of self worth. I can see how the interfere with me attaing the the things I desire in my life. I should not build my future on the basis of my childhood beliefs of my own self worth.

YDM42

I know I dreamt only nothing to recall except I didnt want to sleep through the alarm clock if it went off! So....not restful I spose as the alarm clock was important.

Ps Alarm clocks arent usually important to me.

Thanks - sounds like anxiety about the future, is not or did not allow one to be in present moment and get a restful sleep. Which is also a very important lesson, being in the moment. Not stuck in the past or worried about the future. This goes in with krystalkitty's dream.