Your Altar

Disa

Carla, I don't have any elemental/fairy alters, per say. I did put a representation of the elements outside near my out door altar where the fire pit is, though. Yours sounds nice, did you want to share a pic? I'd love to see it.

For Christmas I got a gift card from my fave metaphysical shop- so I went to buy a few things for myself that I wouldn't have otherwise. Things that will be constant on my permanent altar and probably won't change with the Sabbats. (Some things I change and some I leave up all the time)

I'm about to switch it out now and put up one for Imbolc, so I figured I'd take a pic and share it here

Attachments

• Permanent Altar 001.jpg
    Permanent Altar 001.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 153
  • Permanent Altar 002.jpg
    Permanent Altar 002.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 156

SkadisPhoenix

I have a gorgeous cherry wood TV console that I am trying to use as an altar, but with three cats all climbing on everything, I have no idea where to start. I know what I want, I just don't know how to work it with the cats. This is how I had it originally, but I want something different now, not sure why!

The place where the books are will still have the books, and the drawer has no longer got tarot decks in, it has spellbooks and a magick course in it, plus my wand, but the top of the altar just has a bowl of gemstones currently and I don't know what to do with it. I'll work it out though, when I'm meant to. :)

Attachments

• 191020111217.jpg
    191020111217.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 191020111219.jpg
    191020111219.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 191020111220.jpg
    191020111220.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 191020111218.jpg
    191020111218.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 133

Disa

I understand what you mean about the cats, SP! My main altar is in a room where the cats aren't in here unless I am, then they are sleeping on the bed! I like what you've done with your altar. It's so hard to figure out where to store things, isn't it- they always need to be reorganized and modified-at least my stuff does.

Here's my Imbolc Altar. My daughter made that corn husk doll for me at school one year when she was 5 or 6. I saved it, little did I know at the time it was a representation of Brighid. It sat n my kitchen window for years- now it's an Altar piece for Imbolc each year.

Attachments

• Imbolc Altar.jpg
    Imbolc Altar.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 147

Chiska

I am now inspired to get my altar back together! I recently rearranged my sitting room and disassembled my altar. The table sits there, so bare, as if I am in seasonal and spiritual stasis.

tarotbear

Unfortunately, my altar went to Savers to be sold to someone who needed a cheap bureau! I just don't have the space to store it now that I am breaking up and putting my life into storage. I do still have 'Port-A-Witch', though! :)

Disa

I am now inspired to get my altar back together! I recently rearranged my sitting room and disassembled my altar. The table sits there, so bare, as if I am in seasonal and spiritual stasis.

Oh Good! Post a pic when you get finished, if it's not too personal of a request. I'd love to see it.

Bhavana

Oh, those darn kitties. So nosy. I happen to have one of those cats that does NOT jump up on tables, countertops, or dressers. She'll jump up on the bed for a nap...or she'll jump up onto a table or desk if I am sitting there and she wants to get in my face, but other than that, she's pretty good! My problem is the kids getting into my altar. They are drawn to it, make for it like a beeline as soon as they come over - they rearrange everything and add things to it...and though I don't mind their energies rubbing off onto all my stuff, it's a pain to have to keep rearranging everything after they go.

So, I made a new altar on the top of a tall dresser...I like it better, actually...and where they old one was, I still have some crystals and other things that they can rearrange to their hearts delight - without disturbing my other stuff! I will have to take pics of the new altar to post...it's much more simple than what I had before, I really like it.

Disa

Unfortunately, my altar went to Savers to be sold to someone who needed a cheap bureau! I just don't have the space to store it now that I am breaking up and putting my life into storage. I do still have 'Port-A-Witch', though! :)

Hang on to that port-a-witch, tarobear. I really want one of those.

Oh WAIT! I just remembered, I think I DO have a port-a-witch. I had been accumulating stuff to take outside and I completely forgot about it until I started rearranging all my stuff. This was the original intent when I bought this box.

There's an army compass in there, a couple athames, matches, charcoals, sage, mugwort, a lil cauldron, candles, candle holders, a stick, a chalice, some quartz crystals, sizzling papers, incense, a tarot deck, I don't know what else. I think this might qualify?

Attachments

• Portable 001.jpg
    Portable 001.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Portable 002.jpg
    Portable 002.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Portable 003.jpg
    Portable 003.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 154

Disa

Does anyone have their Summer Solstice Altar up yet? I'm feeling it's time?

tiffer

Beltane altar

Hello!

Here's my altar ready for Beltane :)

Xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 152