View Single Post
Citizen

Moongold 

Some of us were thinking about the value of Tarot in creativity. In speaking to the unconscious, the intuition, the spirit it can sometimes inspire creativity.

After a conversation with Gardener, I picked the Mother of Coins and without reading anything about her wrote the first version of this. I've struggled with it a bit because I'm not a natural poet and I was a little dismayed at what came out first. But that's OK. I'm readiing a book by Hal Zina Bennett (recommended by Julia Campbell) which suggests it is natural that both good and difficult experiences provide the ground for writing, painting or whatever your bent is.

This image is so vibrant. I love the colours. On first glance a figure seemed to be emerging from a mineshaft, or something leading to the bowels of the earth. I think my Demeter/Persephone memories tuned in here. So my poem sort of fits as an interpretation of these first impressions of this card.

This deck is rapidly becoming a favourite. There is so much in it, and each time you look at an image something different occurs,

From the underground

She was accused of waiting for grief,
of dying early,
of not wanting
a suburban burial place
with house and garden.

She was trapped in an unknown past.
She did not make it.
She did not choose it
consciously in this life.
She was diverted, an accident.

She travelled the path of nothingness,