One Deck Wonder Resurrected

AmberFox

I'm in!! Tarot of the Vampyres! And oracle of shadows and light!

Merry meet everyone!
I have returned once again to this wonderful forum after neglecting tarot for a while. (Me slaps her own wrist) I had bought tarot of Vampyres a while back,dedicated it and even have a beautiful notebook to write in. Life was crazy but now I feel ready after seeing a YouTube vid with this deck being talked about as the deck that changed this girls life in a readers perspective and after finding this thread I'm gonna do this. I actually have butterflies in my stomach.

1:I shall only use the tarot of Vampyres by Ian Daniels to read with. No other tarot deck for at least 2 sabbats so until Beltane 13. But I might extend that till like imbolc 14 that's how committed I want to be. With this I shall only use oracle of shadows and light by Lucy cavendish as other deck,no other oracle shall be read. I only just got this in the post ANSI think these 2 decks will work well together.

2: I will read only the books that come with the decks at least until Beltane 13. After that I might look into the kabala more.

3: I shall keep a tarot journal and will post vids on my YouTube channel about this challenge.

4: if I'm going to do magic I shall atleast have the decks around me on my altar so they can pick up my magical self and energies. I shall try to carry them with me where ever I go.

5: I shall at the very least handle them both once a day, but will try to do 1 card readings for my self and a big spread atleast once a week.

The reason I want to do this is to do better readings for myself as I'm nervous reading for myself. If any one is interested following me on YouTube my channel name is AmberFox.
I will also blog readings and experiences on this forum.

Merry Part!

Flaxen

I've spent the last couple of days looking through the deck and sorting the cards into different categories. One of the things I noticed was that some cards have flowers on them which led me to wonder what they mean. Luckily, there is an extended version of the LWB available which explains some of the symbolism. :)

I'm really enjoying the posts in Daily Draws too. It's so interesting to see how people are working with their cards.

hopena

I need to finish my Sacred Days of Yule Spread with the Wildwood, even though it should have been finished over a month ago. I might take a few days to get other decks out of my system, and then:

I'll use my Druidcraft for one month, to start out with. It was my "first love" when it comes to decks, and I started to study it, but I didn't finish. That was at the beginning of 2006.

If it fits as a type of TdM: Tarot of the Master.

And the Faeries Oracle, which is the same for me when it comes to oracles, as the Druidcraft (I started to study them at the same time, too).

Why do I feel like I'm going sky-diving?? I have to try this, because without focus, there will be no point in my having any of my decks.

Miss Divine

I printed out the image of the Lovers card from the Vampyres and pasted it on my new notebook I bought just for that deck. I have been doing my daily draws, but I record all this in my binder instead of online. For some reason I prefer writing it out instead of typing. And, I prefer having it at hand, so I can add things quickly when things pop into my head instead of having to be online for that.

Have fun everyone! I am really enjoying this so far. :)

hopena

I printed out the image of the Lovers card from the Vampyres and pasted it on my new notebook I bought just for that deck. I have been doing my daily draws, but I record all this in my binder instead of online. For some reason I prefer writing it out instead of typing. And, I prefer having it at hand, so I can add things quickly when things pop into my head instead of having to be online for that.

Have fun everyone! I am really enjoying this so far. :)

I used to prefer writing it out long-hand, because I tend to get more out of it, but my handwriting is awful now. :)

I used to work more with my cards, when I had access to a laptop, too. So that I could move around rather than being stuck in one place.

Miss Divine

I used to prefer writing it out long-hand, because I tend to get more out of it, but my handwriting is awful now. :)

I used to work more with my cards, when I had access to a laptop, too. So that I could move around rather than being stuck in one place.

I get more out of it too by actually writing instead of the typing.

I have a laptop, but still prefer my pen and paper for journaling. ;)

DaisyDragonfly

So I've been meaning to edit my original post for however-many-days-it-is. Time to pin down my ODW guidelines.

1. I'm going to run until Beltane, then reassess whether I want to continue or not.

2. Until then my deck of focus is the Wild Unknown. I'm not sure how much a TdM will be part of this process, but I'll use the CBD when appropriate.

3. My other decks? I sometimes pull a card when I'm at work, but to do that I always use my Rosetta Deck app. I'll probably still do that - it's very occasional.

4. I'll daily draw with my Wild Unknown, even if I don't record it here - it's all about my time restraints!

5. I would like to journal with my deck. All right, I'll start that too. A spiritual/tarot journal. I'll start that on the weekend.

6. If I'm wibbling, I'll post here.

7. I'll post my thoughts and musings on the cards of this deck in the Wild Unknown study thread.

8. Books? I might use the Tarot Playbook every now and again, as well as Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways... because they include varied ways of getting to know the cards. They'll be good prompts if I feel I'm in a rut. Other than that, any research will go into the animals of the deck and their mythical/cultural/spiritual meanings.

Ok. Let's do this thing :D

Disa

I'm really enjoying the posts in Daily Draws too. It's so interesting to see how people are working with their cards.

Me, too. I'm also really enjoying doing the daily draws. I've never been one to stick to daily draws because I just couldn't get a rythm going, I didn't know what the purpose was all those years ago. I think I'm starting to get it now, at least something that makes sense to me. I think the time is right.

I need to finish my Sacred Days of Yule Spread with the Wildwood, even though it should have been finished over a month ago. I might take a few days to get other decks out of my system, and then:

I'll use my Druidcraft for one month, to start out with. It was my "first love" when it comes to decks, and I started to study it, but I didn't finish. That was at the beginning of 2006.

If it fits as a type of TdM: Tarot of the Master.

And the Faeries Oracle, which is the same for me when it comes to oracles, as the Druidcraft (I started to study them at the same time, too).

Why do I feel like I'm going sky-diving?? I have to try this, because without focus, there will be no point in my having any of my decks.

I hope you really get a chance to finish your Sacred Days of Yule, spread. It's such a rewarding process. If you immerse yourself in it you will really look forward to it rather than have it seem like a burden. I look forward to doing it each year.

The DruidCraft was also my "first love", The first deck where I actually felt like, "Hey, I can read these cards!The cards are finally speaking to me!" Oh, maybe we should write a few things in the Druidcraft study group? I'll have to see if I have any time for that, maybe on the weekends.

The Faeries is the same for me. I haven't studied it at all, only read it intuitively, but it's the only Oracle deck I actually feel good about reading.

Focus- yes, me too. I think my 2 previous IDS participations really helped my focus. I was terrified when I started the first one but it was a wonderful experience. I think it's part of why I feel pretty good about this study, too.

Good luck to you :)
I get more out of it too by actually writing instead of the typing.

I have a laptop, but still prefer my pen and paper for journaling. ;)

I do like writing instead of typing, but the timing for these daily draws is when I'm already having coffee, eating oatmeal and online at AT-so I may as well do a brief little one card draw to meet my daily requirement of interacting with my cards while I'm here. Most of my actual journaling is usually readings or when I'm studying.

kalliope

Hooray, I have a partner!

Crazy changes at work on Monday that are lingering into the day today, but I'll respond more in depth to your post tonight when I am at home relaxing :).

Elendil, I'm interested in seeing if you decide to use the II for the One Deck Wonder. kalliope and I will be using it together and will be posting in the Study our findings and observations in the Study Group in addition to this thread which will serve as a place for support and general rants.

Elendil, I'm hoping as well that you decide to join us with the International Icon deck, even if you do your own "unofficial version" of it in which you continue to do the DOW. The more the merrier! As has been mentioned already, this ODW seems to be rather flexible in allowing one to set one's own rules, which I hope means that more people will stick around.

SO, I received my II deck last night in the mail -- it was very quick shipping! I've only had time to flip through the deck once, but I like it! I'll try to post later in the BtB thread with my initial thoughts.

strings of life

Elendil, I'm hoping as well that you decide to join us with the International Icon deck, even if you do your own "unofficial version" of it in which you continue to do the DOW. The more the merrier! As has been mentioned already, this ODW seems to be rather flexible in allowing one to set one's own rules, which I hope means that more people will stick around.
I agree. Sometimes the less rules, the better. Bonding with our decks should be fun not a chore! 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, forever, whatever it ends up being.

SO, I received my II deck last night in the mail -- it was very quick shipping! I've only had time to flip through the deck once, but I like it! I'll try to post later in the BtB thread with my initial thoughts.
Extremely quick! I ordered a back-up since I'm not sure if I want to use one copy to read with and study, or one to read with and one to work with in card order, Minors than Majors. I'll figure that out soon.

What I love about it is the fact that the colors are used to depict certain emotions that are true to the colors, primary and secondary: blue for emotion, yellow for thoughts, red for desires, browns for nature and day to day actions, orange (yellow + red) for healing and creativity. When I see I look at the cards in the II, I can really see what's going on due to these associations. It's fascinating to me.

kalliope, I'll be posting in the Study Group this weekend. Really :D.

ETA: I'm also figuring out what I want to do about journaling (blog, no blog, Evernote or Penzu). I have 2 domains that I have parked and one is less traditional, but may allow me to have fun with my studies. More to come...