Hellenistic Astrology

Minderwiz

:D I do insist on the Sun, you do keep playing for Saturn. LOL On top of that Saturn is in detriment and according to your analysis, even in the 8th. I actually meant that I'm more on the observing side. I do not possess the planning of a purely saturnian person. My planning is based on passion. I do set my eyes on something and I follow it, wherever it goes but I do prefer to remain unnoticed. It's hunting, not scheduling. Saturnian people do schedule (Lord of Time), I watch and wait. Then jump on the thing. There is a difference. One is a careful approach, the wisdom of Saturn is everyday wisdom, IMHO. The other is hunger, pure instinct. So, as the Sun is in Scorpio but the Asc is in Capricorn, I guess both these somehow have mixed.

I'm not sure about all these. As I wrote above, it seems we can find a way to make any planet in the chart a captain. I'm not convinced Saturn is the captain in my case either. The more I think about it, the less I see it... But the Moon alone is not convincing me either... Too watery, too emotional, too weaping... I actually can hardly stand the purely Cancerian nature, so the Moon alone couldn't work. May be the Saturn/Moon duo... But then from where comes the raw energy, the desire to compete and win, the hunger for competition? These are Marsian traits. I think it's not that simple as having one-two captains...

The Moon is not particularly watery or emotional in the tradition, that's a modern view. The Moon is exalted in Taurus, an Earth sign and Cancer is associated with the sea shore. Yes the Moon is traditionally moist but it ain't dripping wet :) Emotions can very across the planetary range, for example anger is martian,and sexual desire is venal. The Moon is not so much emotional as instinctual - she shows your instinctive, reactions or impulses. The Cancerian qualities you don't like, I guess are those that modern writers have imposed on it.

I said in an earlier post that my instinctive reaction was often to reject - a Saturn/Moon combination, though in my case there is an opposition between them, whereas you have an applying conjunction and Moon in dignity.

On Saturn in the eighth and in Detriment - Yes your Saturn is in the eighth by whole sign houses (and even in a quadrant system, whilst it might be in the seventh its influence is diminished by not being in the sign of the Descendant) The Moon however is in the Seventh and is ruler of the Descendant in both measures, it's applying to a conjunction with Saturn and the Moon's natural function is to include or gather in. Saturn has links, it links with Sun, it links with Moon, it links with Mercury and it links with Jupiter and it links with the Lot of Fortune. It might not be best placed to steer but it has possible lines of support, or to put it mildly it has connections (whether those connections work is another matter). Saturn is in sect, which is likely to make it a bit more reliable, It does have some essential dignity, it's in it's own decan and (for the Hellenistic and even Medieval Astrologers) it's one of the Trigon Lords of it's sign. The number scoring is a medieval introduction but on that basis, Saturn would score -1, in essential dignity - the wrong side of the line but only just.

Now I don't usually score triplicities in that way. I would not have given Saturn a score unless it happened to be the Triplicity Lord of Sect but I'm beginning to think that I should allow something more if it's one of the Triplicity Lords, even if not in Sect.

I'm also finding that the Trigons, Decans and Bounds or Terms, are more important in Hellenistic Astrology, than they are in the later tradition. Chris Brennan has suggested that it's possible the Trigon Lords were seen at one time as a competing system of dignities with rulership but later got merged in to a combined system. So Saturn might be tipped over the line into being 'dignified'. I'm not sure of that but it's something that at least provokes me to consider it. :)

Turning to the Sun on the other hand is far more general, it encompasses the 'whole' you - your will and is a sense your capacity to be yourself. The Sun is your sect light, though it's nature will play an overall role in your life, not so much on day to day basis with specifics but in setting something of the tone of your life. It's ruler Mars though is important and Mars can be very passionate (both in romantic and non-romantic things). Modern writers would see Mars as 'drive' The traditional stance is a bit more subtle but Mars does add a flavour, to put it mildly, to your experience of life.

Minderwiz

Stage 3

For Ronia and Ana, I've now reached Stage 3 and that is the consideration of the affairs of the various houses. I could go through all the houses in turn, but as some are more important than others, and I don't want to get to bogged down. I'd like each of you to choose up to three areas of life that I can use to see how the Hellenisitic approach works.

I think it might be worth taking a little time to do that, so as we're coming up to the weekend, it might be worth putting that down as something for Monday, assuming you get back to me by then. In the meantime I'll look at Spiraling, Kalliope and Jessyboo92 in terms of the PNA, which I'll modify in the light of the frst two readings.

Minderwiz

The Houses or Places

For the last 1,000 year we've used the word 'Houses' in astrology to label the 12 parts of a chart to which we look when we consider the areas of life. The Hellenisitic Astrologers used the word translated as House to mean the Sign in which a planet has rulership - thus Aquarius is the House of Saturn. The 12 areas that we now call houses, they called 'Places'. 'Place' is the English translation of the Greek word 'Topos', from which root we get the English words Topic, and Topical. Even today you can come across the phrase 'topical houses' in some articles or books. This is not a new form of house system but reflection of the original meaning of the division into houses in order to analyse areas of life.

The twelve places are:

The Helm

The first 'house' concerned with Life, body, spirit, beginning - not in general terms but specifially to do with your life, your body, your spirit, and your beginnings (including the beginnings of any of your ventures if you do an election chart.

The Gates of Hades

The second 'house' is Livelihood and possessions. Note that this has clear connections with your earning power.

Goddess

The third 'house' is concerned with siblings, relatives, travel and the queen (in Mundane Astrology)

The Subterranean Pivot

The fourth 'house' is concerned with parents, home, mystical life and the city. Note that the city was co-terminal with the state/nation/political unit for the Greeks it was home and ancestory and defined where you belonged. Being away from the city, even in a foreign city was not seen as good. The link lingered on into empire - St Paul could claim 'civitas Romanus Sum' I am a Roman citizen and indeed we still use the term on passports - I'm a citizen of the UK.

Good Fortune

The fifth 'house' is concerned with children, and doing good.

[/b]Bad Fortune[/b]

The sixth 'house' is concerned with injuries, sickness, enmities and slaves (I doubt we'll have a question on your slaves)

Setting Pivot

The seventh 'house' is concerned with marriage, spouse, old age (as it's the house opposite the hour of birth marker), living abroad

[Inactive

The eighth 'house' is concerned with death, inheritance, and laziness or idleness

God

The ninth 'house' is concerned with foreign travel, mystical matters, divination, astrology, and the king (again more in Mundane Astrology)

Culminating Pivot

The tenth 'house' is concerned with action, advancement, children, change,reputation.

Good Spirit

The eleventh 'house' is concerned with friends, gifts and hopes

Bad Spirit

The twelfth 'house' is concerned with suffering, enmities, dangers, weakness

These divisions largely match up to the modern equivalents, though now we tend to include a lot more indicative content in the lists. It's interesting to note that children appear in both fifth and tenth, where we tend to only use the fifth. Lilly in the seventeenth century will use the fifth, tenth and the eleventh. It also seems that the mystical matter of the fourth was later shifted to the third to create a formal/informal religious axis.

Minderwiz

PNA for Spiraling

In this chart the Sun is in the fifth house (Place) and so it is a nocturnal chart, the Sun having set.

This chart also presents me with a similar issue to Ana's. That is the Ascendant is right at the end of a sign. In this case the opposite end to Ana, the very beginning. Her Ascendant is in Taurus, but being born less than two minutes earlier would shift it into Aries. I.m going to take the Ascendant as Taurus, so that makes the Ascendant ruler Venus.

Venus is placed in the seventh house conjunct the Descendant. So Venus is angular (the Greek would translate as 'Pivotal') and therefore is configured to the Ascendant. She is also the benefic of sect and so should be a very positive influence.

Venus

The key conditions of Venus is that she is angular and therefore scores highly on 'Fitness' in terms of her house placement. She is in Detriment, which weakens her zodiacal placement but this is compensated for by Venus being one of the Trigon Lords for the Water Trigon. Indeed during the day she is the main Trigon Lord and then hands over to Mars when the sun has set. Otherwise Venus is totally within the dignities of Mars.

In relation to the Lights, Venus is Direct and Schmidt treats her as rising (when she appears to be setting) It seems that Schmidt defines 'rising' in terms of visibility - if you can't see it then it doesn't rise - discounting being obscured by cloud) The result is that Venus scores highly on 'fitness'.

In terms of 'Energy', Venus is 'goaded' or energetic being conjunct the Descendant. She does not have a key phase change in the seven days either side of the Spiraling's birth but she is in her own Trigon, so she scores above average on Energy.

In terms of Completeness, Venus is actually conjunct the Lot of Fortune and so is Pivotal in relation to it. She's in a fixed sign so that's a second indication of being able to see things through but she is separated from the Moon. This is the only weak indicator out of the nine. So High fitness, high energy and high completeness this looks like a very strongly placed Ascendant ruler.

In terms of configurations, Venus trines the Moon (Left sided), sextiles Saturn (Left sided sextile). In turn she is sextiled by the Sun and Mars from the right (they are both dominant over her) and is trined by Jupiter from the right. Only Mercury is not configured to her, though it's presence in Libra stops her being confined by the malefics, Saturn and Mars.

Mars

Mars is Ascendant ruler's ruler. Mars is in late Virgo and is combust being only 5 degrees from the Sun (and the Sun is applying)

Mars situation is that he's in the fifth House and is therefore configured to the Ascendant and in a succedent house. being combust he doesn't rise that day (in terms of visibility) but Mars is Direct. Mars zodiacal placement is that he is in his own Bounds, so he again scores highly. Overall Mars, score is above average to high.

Mars Energy level is not as good. Mars is not angular, does not make any phase changes in the 7 days either side of Spiraling's birth but is the co-operating Trigon Lord for Earth. So a little below average there.

In terms of Completeness, Mars is sextile to the Lot of Fortune and is in a succedent sign relative to it. Mars is in mutable sign (bicorporeal) and so may not see things through well if at all. The Moon is though applying to an opposition with Mars (and it's the 'applying' that counts). So again Mars is above average here.

In terms of configuration Mars is in a 'meeting with the Sun' (a reasonably close conjunction), Opposes the Moon and is in a right sided sextile to Jupiter (Jupiter is dominant) as well as the sextile to Venus and trine to Saturn (Mars is dominant in both of these.

As the malefic of sect, Mars can be well behaved and may be positively benefical at times.

Moon

The Moon is the Sect Light. She's placed in the eleventh House, which is a succedent House. She is in none of her own dignities, but she is in the Bounds of Mercury and in this chart Mercury is nocturnal (so she is in the place of a sectmate). She is Direct and Rising. So her overall fitness seems to be a little above average.

Her Energy levels are that she is not angular but she is the co-operating Trigon Lord for the Water signs. Energy levels are again just above average. Finally in terms of Completion she's in a succedent House relative to Fortune but is in a bicorporeal sign. I'll take the overall condition as average.

She is configured to Sun and Mars by opposition (which indicates it's around Full Moon (which will come within 24 hours). She is in a right sided sextile to Saturn (Saturn dominates), a right sided trine to Venus (Venus dominates). A Left sided trine to Jupiter (Moon dominates).

This looks like a good start to the Prelimnary Natal Analysis, especially as it looks lime Mars and Moon are bonified by aspects from Jupiter and Venus.

Minderwiz

PNA Spiraling Part 2

In the previous post I looked at the Ascendant Ruler, its ruler and the Light of the Sect in this post I'll look at the remaining 4 planets.

Mercury

Mercury in this chart is nocturnal, so as I've considered the three usual nocturnal planets, I'll finish off with Mercury. Mercury is in the sixth house in Libra. The sixth is an averse house - it makes no configuration with the Ascendant. So Mercury starts it's 'Fitness' examination with a lows score. It is in it's own Bounds in Libra, which scores highly on zodiacal placement and Mercury is Rising but Retrograde.. Overall that looks like an average score.

Mercury is not goaded or energetic relative to the horizon being in the sixth both in a whole sign house and quadrant house system. It's in it's own Trigon and it makes a phase change to the Sun in the 7 days either side of Spiraling's birth. Four days before, it stationed Retrograde (and is retrograde at the time of birth). Whilst this increases its energy, it's retrograde status will have to be taken into account later on. So in terms of energy, Mercury seems to be higher than average but he is retrograde.

Mercury is succedent relative to the Lot of Fortune being in a twelfth House relationship to it. It is separating from the Moon by square and in a Cardinal (Tropical) sign. This gives an average score for 'Completion' Mercury might initiate but it's not guaranteed to see them through.

Mercury is configured to the Moon by a separating square Mercury is on the right and so is the dominating planet (it's Left sided aspect goes to the Moon). Mercury also squares Saturn in the same manner but Saturn is much closer to the square by degree, being just outside the 3 degree orb. So Mercury is the stronger of the two. Finally Mercury makes a square to Jupiter in Cancer. This is a right sided square so Jupiter dominates.

Sun

The Sun is the Light out of Sect. The Sun is in Virgo in the fifth House. This is a succedent House but the Sun is in an alien place (no dignities of it's own or a sectmate). In terms of Energy the Sun is not goaded or energetic by house placement (either whole sign or quadrant) and it's in a 'foreign' Trigon. So on both measures the Sun is not strong. In terms of Completion it's in a succedent house to the Lot of Fortune, and it's in an Applying aspect from the Moon but it's in a bicorporeal (mutable) sign. Overall that looks about average.

The Sun's configurations are the same as for Mars as the two are in fairly close conjunction. Mars being in it's own dignity allows it to be shielded from the harmful combustion. Incidentally it appears that the Hellenistic Astrologers simply used a 15 degree orb for the Sun and termed the condition to be 'Under the Beams'.

Jupiter

Jupiter is in Cancer in the third house. Here it is configured to the Ascendant but is in a cadent or declining house However it is in the sign of its exaltation and both direct and rising, so it gets an average to high score on 'Fitness'

Jupiter is also in a cadent house using a quadrant system and does not make any phase change with the Sun during the relevant 7 days either side of birth. and is in a foreign Trigon. So Jupiter has low energy overall.

For Completion, Jupiter is in a cadent or declining house relative to the Lot of Fortune, has a separating aspect from the Moon and is in a Cardinal or Tropical house. One low and two middling scores so a bit below average.

Being the out of sect benefic and not particularly scoring highly, Jupiter might not play a great role in Spiraling's affairs - we'll have to see in stages 3 and 4.

Most of Jupiter's configurations have been mentioned but it's most important one has not. That is an opposition from Saturn which is exact in degree. Saturn is the out of sect malefic and this will weaken Jupiter. As it's also trined by Mars it might have qualified as being surrounded, but for the opposition aspect from the Moon which is between the trine from Mars and Jupiter's position in Cancer. Even so, that opposition may prove to be important.

Saturn

The final planet is Saturn, the out of sect malefic. Being out of sect, Saturn may be the most troublesome planet in this chart. Saturn is in a declining house relative to the horizon but is direct and rising and also in one of his own places - he's in Capricorn. So just above average in Fitness.

In terms of Energy Saturn is not goaded, and is in a Foriegn Trigon (Saturn is a diurnal planet and the Earth Trigon is nocturnal). But he does make a change in direction during the relevant 14 day period around the birth - four days previously he stationed Direct. So one average, one below average and one above average - overall average.

Finally in terms of Completion, Saturn is in a declining or cadent house relative to the Lot of Fortune, he's in a Cardinal or Tropical sign and he's in a separating aspect from the Moon. Again about average, or just below.

All the configurations with Saturn have been covered under other planets but watch out for the opposition to Jupiter.

This completes the PNA for Spiraling

Ronia

For Ronia and Ana, I've now reached Stage 3 and that is the consideration of the affairs of the various houses. I could go through all the houses in turn, but as some are more important than others, and I don't want to get to bogged down. I'd like each of you to choose up to three areas of life that I can use to see how the Hellenisitic approach works.

I'm choosing houses 2, 7 and 10. I'm not sure about house 2 alone (what if I win the lottery or get an inheritance, these would be 5 and 8) but overall I mean money, finances. Thank you. :)

Ronia

The Moon is not particularly watery or emotional in the tradition, that's a modern view. The Moon is exalted in Taurus, an Earth sign and Cancer is associated with the sea shore. Yes the Moon is traditionally moist but it ain't dripping wet :) Emotions can very across the planetary range, for example anger is martian,and sexual desire is venal. The Moon is not so much emotional as instinctual - she shows your instinctive, reactions or impulses. The Cancerian qualities you don't like, I guess are those that modern writers have imposed on it.

No, thes eare Cancerian qualities I've experienced personally in my interactions with heavily Cancerian people (not only Sun in Cancer). Not to mention that I'm raising a double water person with Cancerian Ascendant and not only. Ouch. :D I do respect your description of the Moon here but I stand by what I said about Cancerian over emotionality and weaping tendencies.

I said in an earlier post that my instinctive reaction was often to reject - a Saturn/Moon combination, though in my case there is an opposition between them, whereas you have an applying conjunction and Moon in dignity.

May be that's why I don't reject as in instictive reaction. I'd rather accept although carefully.

On Saturn in the eighth and in Detriment - Yes your Saturn is in the eighth by whole sign houses (and even in a quadrant system, whilst it might be in the seventh its influence is diminished by not being in the sign of the Descendant) The Moon however is in the Seventh and is ruler of the Descendant in both measures, it's applying to a conjunction with Saturn and the Moon's natural function is to include or gather in. Saturn has links, it links with Sun, it links with Moon, it links with Mercury and it links with Jupiter and it links with the Lot of Fortune. It might not be best placed to steer but it has possible lines of support, or to put it mildly it has connections (whether those connections work is another matter).

How do we know if it works or not? I mean, the ancients should have had some tools to give the querent some practical knowledge, no?

Saturn is in sect, which is likely to make it a bit more reliable, It does have some essential dignity, it's in it's own decan and (for the Hellenistic and even Medieval Astrologers) it's one of the Trigon Lords of it's sign. The number scoring is a medieval introduction but on that basis, Saturn would score -1, in essential dignity - the wrong side of the line but only just.

I'm not sure I get this last part.

Turning to the Sun on the other hand is far more general, it encompasses the 'whole' you - your will and is a sense your capacity to be yourself.

Isn't that vital? In my point of view, if the ability to be ourselves is weak to absent, there is no fortune that will help... May be I'm wrong but to me the drive is the Sun. The source of energy. The coal in the engine or the gas. Without it, no engine would work. By the way, I do act as this Sun in this sign, I do not act as Mars in Cancer. May be due to the trine betweent hem, I'm not sure about it.

Minderwiz

I'm choosing houses 2, 7 and 10. I'm not sure about house 2 alone (what if I win the lottery or get an inheritance, these would be 5 and 8) but overall I mean money, finances. Thank you. :)

OK I understand and will use whatever houses are necessary,

Minderwiz

No, thes eare Cancerian qualities I've experienced personally in my interactions with heavily Cancerian people (not only Sun in Cancer). Not to mention that I'm raising a double water person with Cancerian Ascendant and not only. Ouch. :D I do respect your description of the Moon here but I stand by what I said about Cancerian over emotionality and weaping tendencies.

That's interesting. I've been married to a double water sign (Cancer Ascendant/Pisces Moon) for 36 years and over emotionality and weeping tendencies is not a strong tenedency with her. Yes, she does have the odd weep, but she's no more 'emotional' than me (Flre + double Air) indeed in many things less so, though we perhaps get 'emotional' about different things. She does have a Capricorn Sun, and I notice that quite strongly, but the Cancer/Pisces tend to show up in physical issues. Her temperament comes out as strongly Phlegmatic on the Lilly scale, and it does fit her nature - contemplative, reserved, shy, slow moving, resigned. She believes in being slow and steady, likes the status quo, and will tend to defer things, all Phlegmatic indicators (and I could go on).

However there's nothing in the classic phlegmatic temperament about being emotional or weepy, Indeed 'phlegmatic' is not associated with displays of emotion. so I suspect that there's more too that side than simply the Water signs - other factors in the chart - or it's a cultural feature (of the 20th/21st centuries.

I think you've hit on an area for me to investigate (though not in this thread)

Ronia said:
How do we know if it works or not? I mean, the ancients should have had some tools to give the querent some practical knowledge, no?

I think we would know that from an examination of events in the native's life and how they react and deal (or not deal) with them. I'm not sure Hellenistic Astrologers hung out signs offering counselling services but at a modern level that is one of the roles that the Astrologer takes.

Ronia said:
I'm not sure I get this last part.

I'm not quite sure where the last part begins :) But my point is that Saturn has some essential dignity in your chart. Medieval Astrologers used the scoring system that Lilly took for his Horary Readings. Thus being in Detriment would score -5 (the planet being in it's own sign scored +5). Medieval writers and certainly Lilly followed Ptolemy and had two Triplicity rulers. For Fire it would be Sun by Day and Jupiter by night. Saturn would not be considered at all. However the Hellenistic Astrologers mainly used three Triplcity rulers, and not the ones that you would automatically expect. Thus for them Fire had the same two as the medieval and later usage but added a third one, a Co-operating or Participating ruler, and for Fire this was Saturn (Mars being a nocturnal planet was not considered). Now by Lilly's time only the Lord of Sect was considered, so in your chart the Sun would have scored 3 and Jupiter 0. But some Medieval writers seemed to allow even the out of sect ruler to score, and it seems that, even though they didn't score it as such, the Hellenistic Astrologers would count the Co-operating Lord as being in it's own Trigon. So if we allow Saturn to score +3 it's overall score would be -5+1+3=-1. A mild debility. The Hellenisitic Astrologers seem to give more weight to the Bounds and the Decans, so it might be possible to argue that on essential Dignity, Saturn is not debilitated.

Isn't that vital? In my point of view, if the ability to be ourselves is weak to absent, there is no fortune that will help... May be I'm wrong but to me the drive is the Sun. The source of energy. The coal in the engine or the gas. Without it, no engine would work. By the way, I do act as this Sun in this sign, I do not act as Mars in Cancer. May be due to the trine between them, I'm not sure about it.

I think there's a difference between 'vital' and 'drive'. The Sun is certainly necessary for life and I would say it is the engine, though the fuel level is indeed important and positively correlated with vital signs. However if the engine is not connected to the works (no drive shaft or no propeller shaft) then the engine's power is not transmitted to what ever it's meant to drive. Mars is the drive shaft or drive mechanism which translates the engine's power into action. I'm not trying to downgrade the Sun here. If the motor is weak or dead, no matter how wonderful the drive mechanism is, nothing will happen, whereas a strong engine may still produce some action, even with a weak driveshaft. Or if you like the energy of the Sun needs to be able to translate into action and Mars is the planet that's supposed to do that.

Edited to add:

You have a very strong connection between Sun and Mars, a trine to within 2 degrees. In this case, having done a little more reading around, it looks like the Sun would dominate as Mars 'crashes' into the Sun's (astrological) rays. The trine is a good working link between engine and drive shaft, and actually they might works so well together that you see them as one unit. That's just a thought but it might explain why you tend not to notice Mars in action.

Minderwiz

Preliminary Natal Analysis for Kaillope

Preliminary Natal Analysis for Kalliope

Kalliope has a Nocturnal chart, so the Moon is the Light of Sect. The Ascendant of her chart is in Scorpio with the Ascendant ruler, Mars, in his own sign together with Mercury. So for the first time we have a Helmsman actually at the Helm! As Mercury is there too, whether he will be supportive or troublesome needs to be seen.

Mars

As indicated above Mars is in his own sign and so starts the Fitness rating well, being angular to the Ascendant. He is in one of his own places and is both rising and direct. So Mars scores very highly in terms of Fitness.

In terms of Energy Mars scores highly relative to the horizon, as he would also be in the first house of a quadrant house chart. During the 14 day period around Kalliope's birth Mars has a helical rising 4 days after the birth (appears in the Eastern sky as the Sun separates by more than 15 degrees) and he's in his own Trigon. So Mars scores very highly in terms of Energy.

For Completion, Mars is in a cadent or declining house relative to the Lot of Fortune, and is spearated from the Moon but is in a fixed sign. This seems to be below average. So we ought to expect Mars to support the completion of actions, but not really initiate them and have some trouble seeing them through..

Mars is the in sect malefic and being in his own sign we should expect that he will be a positive influence in Kaillope's life. His configurations are:

Mar is in a close aspect with Mercury (well within the 3 degrees for adherence. Mercury is of the same sect in this chart and is ruled by Mars, who is just in the superior position - slightly earlier in the zodiac. The outcome will be a blend of Mars and Mercury together with other planets that are in close aspect (if any). It certainly adds rational thought to Mars' drive.

Mars/Mercury make two further aspects. The first is a right sided trine to Saturn, who is retrograde in Cancer which is the ninth House. This is another aspect within the 3 degree orb (for both Mars and Mercury) and this should give Mars/Mercury the edge over Saturn, as they are 'hurling rays' at it. Saturn is the out of sect Malefic, so this may well still cause some difficulties.

Mars/Mercury also trine Jupiter in the order of signs (a left sided trine) they are in the superior position so will overcome Jupiter. Jupiter is in its own sign of Pisces in the fifth House.

Mercury

Being in close conjunction with Mars, Mercury shares most of the same characteristics in terms of Fitness, Energy and Completion, so I'll only deal with the differences. For 'Fitness', Mercury is in the next category down in terms of fitness relative to the zodiac, being in the place of a sectmate, having no dignity of his own.

For Energy, Mercury is in a Foreign Trgon, as he has no role in the Water Trigon. For completeness Mercury too has a phasis, but in it's case it's a helical setting (Mercury disappears from the morning sky as the Sun comes within 15 degrees.), 4 days before the birth. This is still energetic though. The completion reading is the same.

Mercury's configurations are exactly the same as Mars.

Moon

The Moon is the Sect Light. She has set at the time of the birth and is in the sixth House. Her condition is as follows:

Fitness; she is in a declining or cadent house and she has no dignity of her own but is in the place of a sectmate. She is 'rising' in Schmidt's terms, in that she can be seen in the sky when she is above the horizon (she would only not be seen at the time of the New Moon) - this is a below average situation.

Energy; she is not goaded or energetic, as she is in the sixth house of a quadrant chart and she is in a 'Foreign Trigon' , being in Aries, where she is not a Trigon Lord. This again is a below average situation.

Completeness; she is in a succedent house relative to the Lot of Fortune and is in a Cardinal sign. this gives middling completeness - the Moon is good for starting projects but not for finishing them.

Her configurations that have not been mentioned are:

A Left sided square to Saturn in Cancer, the separation is outside the 3 degree orb by a distance. She has two right sided trines to the Sun and to Venus, both of whom are in Sagittarius. Both of these trines are by sign not degree, so Sun and Venus dominate.

The Moon, like Mercury is ruled by Mars, and as already seen, Mars is in good condition and well placed. The strength of Mars may augment the weakness of the Moon.