Sirian Starseed Tarot anyone?

AnneLien

What does Sirian Starseed actually mean? I'm not english so that is a word i just don't understand...

Alta

Well, Sirius is the name of a star. The creators say the images were channeled via the "Sirian High Council", more or less implying there is an advanced telepathic civilization on a planet in orbit around Sirius which likes to create tarot decks.

"Starseed", as I think, is supposed to imply that some (all?) people of earth were seeded here, in some undefined way, from outer space, possibly Sirius. All a little vague to me.

Miss Divine

Well I wish that ''Higher Council'' would telepathically communicate to the publishers to response to customer emails. Grrr....

AnneLien

Thank you for the explanation. It sounds weird...

ArcaneWisdom

I actually absolutely love this deck. I have been using it as my primary deck for a few months now. If you do not connect with the deck or the subject of the deck you may find it hard to read with. Most of the pictures are beautiful and the colors are extremely vibrant. The 4 of wands is the only card that I am not a fan of, the artwork is just corny to me and not as well put together as the other cards.

The main complaint that I have heard about this deck is the size. A lot of people see me with it and ask me how I shuffle with a deck so huge I actually shuffle the deck just fine because I don't bridge shuffle the cards. Yes the deck is larger than normal and it takes up more room, but I personally enjoy the larger size. It is easier to meditate with and get lost in the imagery.

I really appreciate how Patricia Cori changed the labels of the court cards. It makes the deck more modern and fitting to this current era. I absolutely love this deck, regardless of the size.

Parzival

I actually absolutely love this deck. I have been using it as my primary deck for a few months now. If you do not connect with the deck or the subject of the deck you may find it hard to read with. Most of the pictures are beautiful and the colors are extremely vibrant. The 4 of wands is the only card that I am not a fan of, the artwork is just corny to me and not as well put together as the other cards.

The main complaint that I have heard about this deck is the size. A lot of people see me with it and ask me how I shuffle with a deck so huge I actually shuffle the deck just fine because I don't bridge shuffle the cards. Yes the deck is larger than normal and it takes up more room, but I personally enjoy the larger size. It is easier to meditate with and get lost in the imagery.

I really appreciate how Patricia Cori changed the labels of the court cards. It makes the deck more modern and fitting to this current era. I absolutely love this deck, regardless of the size.

I like what you said about the vibrant colors and larger size: "Easier to meditate with and get lost in the imagery." I think Tarot is more and more becoming "Meditation-Tarot" as it modernizes and futurizes. This one has some powerful images to enter and ponder. Some might be a bit staged but they still evoke wonder and mystery in a both imaginative and concrete way.

Miss Divine

This past week I started using this deck alot, and even though there are cards I don't care for (yes the 4 of flames is one of them, corny indeed), this deck is a joy to read with. I have very small hands, so I can't even hand over hand shuffle this deck because of it's size. And yet, I love using it! I consider this a very gentle deck, without beating around the bush.

earthair

Faulty Lovers card?

Hi
Please can someone find their Lovers card... now turn it over and have a look at the back- is the entire white border on the right hand side missing/printed too far over?

I swear I am cursed with faulty decks :confused:

rwcarter

Hi
Please can someone find their Lovers card... now turn it over and have a look at the back- is the entire white border on the right hand side missing/printed too far over?
The border on the right side is about equal to the border on the left side of the back of the Lovers card in my deck.

Rodney