Hellenistic Astrology

mahafrins

Don't you think it would depend on what Saturn rules in your chart, what aspects he has natally, how he is placed, and where he is transiting and with what aspects?

And, two weeks from him turning direct, I'd expect the dealing to be nearly over, so you should already have a good idea how you dealt with it.

Ive had the worst time been tried and tested and tortured so i know its been hard. I m told i do have a saturn influence in my chart to be honest.

I am almost on the verge of loosing my job and i am unable to improve in the currentscenario. In short its a hard story.

Marius Cojoc

The Moon is in Gemini. From hellenistic perspective we know that Mercury contest and destabilize. Strictly speaking, Mercury can act upon it's image, because it is in a hexagonal figure with the Moon. In this case, the Moon is dependent upon the domicile lord of Gemini, which is Mercury, to provide for its needs.

Mercury is in Leo. It's dependent upon the Sun, which is present in the image. Mercury is oriental, in the bound of Jupiter, a diurnal star, and in configuration with it. I would say that Mercury will follow Sun. Mercury can be either malefic or benefic, depending upon the preponderance of malefic or benefic planets with which it is configured. Mercury is in configuration with Sun, Jupiter and the Moon.

Mercury is angular, direct and swift in motion, in a diurnal image, in a configuration with the Ascendant, in cooperating diurnal trigon and it's making a phasis. The hexagonal separating figure with the wanning Moon will show that Mercury is fit but isn't eager to provide for the Moon anymore. In fact, Mercury is heading toward the Sun.

I would say that Mercury is fit to contest and destabilize Moon rulership. This is similar with Antiochus definition, counteraction by sect. Anyway, beacause Sun and Moon are joined in a figure, (hexagonal figure) and the exact aspect will be perfected before either of one leaves the image in which are present, I would say that the two faction are friendly to one another.

Ronia

Ive had the worst time been tried and tested and tortured so i know its been hard. I m told i do have a saturn influence in my chart to be honest.

I am almost on the verge of loosing my job and i am unable to improve in the currentscenario. In short its a hard story.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Saturn influence" in your chart, we all have it since the planet is present in all our charts. From my experience, people with strong Saturn influence in the natal generally know and are more capable of dealing with his lessons. It's a given. It doesn't mean it's easy but it's easier than for those who don't have a significant Saturn influence by natal or have only trines and sextiles to him, IMHO. As of losses, with Saturn it's always meaningful. It's worth looking the bigger picture because he is all about the bigger picture. For example, when I lost a job, I got pregnant and had my son. Hadn't I lost my job, I wouldn't have gone this way and I'd have missed a huge part of my natal chart, aka Moon in the 7th in Cancer. So, what was taken gave way to something else that had to be lived through and Thank God now for all that happened. Saturn also gives rewards that last for long, sometimes for a lifetime. Saturn requires strength, faith, patience and perseverance. All together.

mahafrins

I'm not sure what you mean by "Saturn influence" in your chart, we all have it since the planet is present in all our charts. From my experience, people with strong Saturn influence in the natal generally know and are more capable of dealing with his lessons. It's a given. It doesn't mean it's easy but it's easier than for those who don't have a significant Saturn influence by natal or have only trines and sextiles to him, IMHO. As of losses, with Saturn it's always meaningful. It's worth looking the bigger picture because he is all about the bigger picture. For example, when I lost a job, I got pregnant and had my son. Hadn't I lost my job, I wouldn't have gone this way and I'd have missed a huge part of my natal chart, aka Moon in the 7th in Cancer. So, what was taken gave way to something else that had to be lived through and Thank God now for all that happened. Saturn also gives rewards that last for long, sometimes for a lifetime. Saturn requires strength, faith, patience and perseverance. All together.

Very well put Ronia yes i have a huge influence and yes it does help. cant deny it gives better circumstances i might deserve or makes me persevere for what i deserve.

Minderwiz

The Trigon Lords, from hellenistic perspective, split the time in two portions. If the Moon is the Epikratetor, the wind ruled by Jupiter will blow permanently. The Trigon Lords are based on a dihotomic principle: first lord of triplicity it's analogic with lunar things (matter, night, instinct, simultaneous things) and the second triplicity lord is analogic with solar things (form, day, consciousness, evolution, subsequent things). The third is anologic with both semnification but conjoint. That's why in arabian period they recived special meanings. The winds will lead the ship to unknow surroundings but this is not necessairly bad for the native.

With Sun as a ruler, we will have the folowing order : Jupiter in the first stage of life, Sun in the second stage of life and Saturn permanently. The second stage of life will be in the spot light.

Both Schmidt and Holden seem to favour the three period usage, but I have also seen the two period usage, as you have quoted.

Marius Cojoc said:
Let's twist! I will go for the Moon as well, to see if the chart fits. Wish me luck :)!

LOL Good luck!!!!

Ronia

Minderwiz, please check my question on the previous page. Thank you! Where should I release from? I'm not sure if Firdaria is of any help but... There are no major transits in the 9th whole house yet (although Jupiter will enter mundane 9th now) and Mercury is browsing in my 7th as well but even when he passes through the 9th, he's too fast and too often there to make an imapct, hasn't done so in the past.

Minderwiz

Minderwiz, please check my question on the previous page. Thank you! Where should I release from? I'm not sure if Firdaria is of any help but... There are no major transits in the 9th whole house yet (although Jupiter will enter mundane 9th now) and Mercury is browsing in my 7th as well but even when he passes through the 9th, he's too fast and too often there to make an imapct, hasn't done so in the past.

Hi Ronia,

I did see your previous post, but my wife has been using the computer, so I've only been able to get on for quick checks and posts. Thus I've not been able to do a full check on your releasing but my initial reaction is that your the one taking the decisions here, so it seems your actions are the main focus, and that is Spirit. Fortune is more concerned with what befalls you, so it's health, body and material issues outside your control. You should not be looking for things outside your control in order to manage an emigration(?) :)

If this is intended as an extended trip, then ninth I think is correct, if you're thinking of a permanent move then you are in a real sense redefining yourself socially, so it could be more of a tenth house/fourth house issue, as your home is moving too. To be honest, I can see arguments both ways, but I think the more important thing is how you see it.

I'll take a bit of time to consider and research it because it's too important an issue to give an 'off the cuff' answer.

Incidently in principle you can release from any Lot. I haven't come across a Lot of Travel (or similar) used by the Greeks, but again I'll have a look at that.

One last thing for the moment. In terms of Profections, it's a 'Second House' year, and that would have Venus ruling Ninth House affairs and Mars ruling Tenth House affairs for the year.

Minderwiz

Addendum

If you take releasing from Spirit (which I think is more appropriate than Fortune), This current year is an L1 Gemini L2 Pisces year. That activates Mercury (your ninth house ruler) and Jupiter (natally placed in the fourth and ruling the third and twelfth).

You are planning to move in early October. Early October is in a Leo L3 period and the Sun will have just transited your natal Saturn. Mercury is transiting your seventh and squaring your natal Mercury/Jupiter opposition. It's also sextiling your natal and transiting Venus in the ninth. On 6th October, a Gemini L4 period, Mercury sextiles your Venus return and two days later during a Cancer L4 period the Moon enters Virgo (your whole sign ninth) and on the ninth October transits natal Venus and then Conjoins transiting Venus both in the ninth. The Moon goes on to enter the tenth, still during the Cancer L4 and will transit your natal Mercury before the Cancer period ends.

So you do seem to have ninth house activity as well as that Mercury/Jupiter/Sun/Moon period. On 12th October there's a Loosing of the Bond as the L3 shifts from Leo to Aquarius and Saturn takes over.

Ronia

Minderwiz, I have tickets for the first week of August! LOL :D I agree with you that to a certain extend it is a Spirit issue but it is not fully as I depend on landlords and they haven't been very cooperating, to say the least. It's a money issue because they want a job, a secure income. My savings are not enough for them. Now, I keep negotiating (we'll see if my Mercury is still in good shape after all these years of using him!), so I'm not giving up of course, but in fact, no matter how much I act, there are still external forces/circumstances in play... Which leaves me confused which Lot to use...

P.S. I spent quite a bit of time to check Mars in the past in relation to travelling and I'm quite convinced now that he participates in returns to home land not in moving away from it, so I'm not really into using him as a significator in another moving away. He seems to be actively present when I return here, not when I leave.

If this is intended as an extended trip, then ninth I think is correct, if you're thinking of a permanent move then you are in a real sense redefining yourself socially, so it could be more of a tenth house/fourth house issue, as your home is moving too. To be honest, I can see arguments both ways, but I think the more important thing is how you see it.

Eh... In my case "permanent" is a bad word, so no, I wouldn't use the fourth. :D No one knows where I'll end next year. I've had my eye on California for a while. LOL

Minderwiz

Minderwiz, I have tickets for the first week of August! LOL :D I agree with you that to a certain extend it is a Spirit issue but it is not fully as I depend on landlords and they haven't been very cooperating, to say the least. It's a money issue because they want a job, a secure income. My savings are not enough for them. Now, I keep negotiating (we'll see if my Mercury is still in good shape after all these years of using him!), so I'm not giving up of course, but in fact, no matter how much I act, there are still external forces/circumstances in play... Which leaves me confused which Lot to use...

There's rarely anything we do that is not in part dependent on outside circumstances, even it's crossing the road or getting out of bed (preferably the latter before the former :) ) However I think what is important is the initiating of the 'event'. If you apply for a job there's someone out there who either interviews you or reads your CV/application and decides whether you've got it. However it's you who start the process rolling by deciding to apply, filling out the application and selling yourself to the appointment panel/person. That's primarily a matter for Spirit and I think we use it rather than Fortune.

If on the other hand you are head hunted by a company who have heard about you and offer you the job, then it's Fortune.

In this case you have initiated the move and it's you doing the negotiations and planning.

Ronia said:
Eh... In my case "permanent" is a bad word, so no, I wouldn't use the fourth. :D No one knows where I'll end next year. I've had my eye on California for a while. LOL

LOLOLOL

Moon and Mercury are the two most changeable planets and they seem to dominate here with support from Venus. It's a good job you have Saturn as an Ascendant ruler or you'd board a plane for Canada and end up in Australia :) :)

PS

As with all things, just because the 'stars' indicate a successful outcome, it doesn't mean that you sit back and let it happen - so it's good to see you doing that negotiating and I'm sure that wandering Mercury won't let you down. :)