View Single Post
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy123 View Post
... okay, I have no idea where to start with astrology. I am more interested in learning about the planetary alignments, retrogrades, etc., than birth charts... not sure if they are part and parcel of each other or not, but I would love to know the meaning of mercury in retrograde, etc. Can anyone recommend a b-flat basic book for someone who has never considered anything about astrology before? Thanks.
There are books/articles that cover Mercury Retrograde (indeed Erin Sullivan has written a classic covering the Retrograde cycles of all the planets). However if you are just starting out. you may find that and other books/articles make assumptions about your knowledge which will be out of line with what it actually is.

At the bottom level you should start with a basic introductory textbook, or at least have one handy if you are going to attempt a more complex work. You might also find a text on Astronomy for Astrologers (there's a work by John and Peter Filbey). Again though I'd say get to know the basics first before branching into that, unless you already have a reasonable grasp of Astronomy.
Top   #26