Thread: My Crystal Ball
View Single Post
Gimme Shelter

Mycroft 

I must admit I'm a little bit disappointed, couldn't you find something that was slightly bigger? This one's only half the size of Nevada! It does though conjure up a wonderful scene of your Mom proudly telling the sales assistant that, "My daughter loves playing with big balls" - which is a nice image. I would warn about how they magnify the sun's rays quickly and intensely, but I see you've already acquired the third degree burn to testify to that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessofthehunter View Post
Please do share your crystal ball stories or pics if you have any.
Here's a piccy of the crystal I use almost exclusively these days, and it does have a little bit of esoteric history. It was made by the Metaphysical Research Group in Hastings, England, in 1970 and marketed as a Psychics Crystal Gazing Research Kit.

The previous owner bought it in 1972 from the wondrously named Librairie des Sciences Occultes which was part of the W N Schors bookstore in the lovely city of Amsterdam. She apparently always said that it had a "...delightfully playful energy..." about it, although I must confess I'm not sure what she meant by that. My own technique consists of using the ball as a focus while I drift off in meditation, and the images I see are behind my eye lids rather than in the ball itself.

Looking forward to your new blog, "All The Injuries I Managed to Sustain From My Crystal Ball!"
Top   #29