Automatic drawings on offer

BrightEye

haleyw - 6 July 2014

Yours, haley, has the rather poetic title 'Embrace of the Bird King'. When I was drawing the image, the idea of 'embrace' was very clear to me early on but what you needed to embrace was less clear, except that it was something that was very foreign or different to what you are used to. The Bird King only became visible right at the end. As the drawing progressed, the embrace also became mutual, and at the very end the title suggested that this strange Bird King was the main actor in this little dance.

In short, the drawing suggested to me that you should embrace the unknown, perhaps in the form of opportunities coming your way, or maybe in more spiritual terms, because you will succeed. There is help from the other side in the form of this Bird King, who may be nothing more than a new way of seeing the world. I got the impression that there was something that was causing you pain or discomfort at the moment (that thorn-like thing sticking out in the middle made me think that), but that can be overcome engaging in this little dance. I drew the actual embrace in red because I felt that was where emotion or passion was concentrated.

I don't know if any of this makes any sense, but I hope you enjoyed the drawing and the reading. Thanks for sitting and for being patient.

BrightEye

APT - 6 July 2014

'Reluctant Sphinx'... or is it a griffin? I think this creature is hiding a bird's head behind its wing.

I think the sphinx or griffin is you, APT, and you are in a state of transformation. Perhaps you are finding it hard to get used to the change. I can see a sad look in the creature's face, perhaps even tears, perhaps because something has to be left behind, has to die. At the same time, both sphinx and griffin are powerful creatures in mythology, so if you feel all at sea at the moment, take consolation in the promise of increased power that awaits you in the very near future.

Perhaps this creature is also a totem or guardian spirit for you at the time, guiding you to a new sense of empowerment. There is also a certain shyness to it, perhaps because you are aware that great things are happening and that you should be proud of yourself. there is no need to hide!

I hope some of this resonates.

Kgirl

Oooh yes please!! The romantic energy between me and D? :)

APT

'Reluctant Sphinx'... or is it a griffin? I think this creature is hiding a bird's head behind its wing.

I think the sphinx or griffin is you, APT, and you are in a state of transformation. Perhaps you are finding it hard to get used to the change. I can see a sad look in the creature's face, perhaps even tears, perhaps because something has to be left behind, has to die. At the same time, both sphinx and griffin are powerful creatures in mythology, so if you feel all at sea at the moment, take consolation in the promise of increased power that awaits you in the very near future.

Perhaps this creature is also a totem or guardian spirit for you at the time, guiding you to a new sense of empowerment. There is also a certain shyness to it, perhaps because you are aware that great things are happening and that you should be proud of yourself. there is no need to hide!

I hope some of this resonates.

Hello!

Wow, I got goosebumps while viewing that picture. I can tell you that I've had a horrible past three plus years. Horrible, absolutely horrible. Two relationships ended very badly that broke my heart. One relationship we were friends for a few years before that time, then we turned romantic, she broke my heart and ended things abruptly. My very best friend who helped me heal my heart over this relationship... we ended up turning a little gray and she went through something very personal in her life so she stopped communicating with those close to her. We haven't talked in a long while. Both of these relationships just four years ago I considered the most important in my life, minus my family relationships and both crumbled. It was very difficult to recover. I have gotten over the romantic relationship, most certainly. The best friend I was gray with, not totally but I'm getting there. Although I've been told we will talk again in the future.

Then there's my health... one major surgery a year and a half ago that altered my hormones and really caused my mental health to be a bit shaky with some anxiety and slight depression. Then GI testing for anemia that they cannot find the cause for. Then I recently had what should have been a simple tooth extraction turn into a dry socket (horrific pain) that still is bothering me. lol I have just had some bad luck.

Both the emotional dynamics and health have really tested my strength and even faith for a few years now. However, I DO feel like I am finally turning a corner, literally closing not only a chapter of a book, but finishing an actual book. :laugh:

I do feel some light at the end of the tunnel and a new chapter of a new novel beginning for me. :)

Still, the past has been not so fun and while it's tough to let go of some of that pain, and even learn to trust again as far as new relationships are concerned, it still makes me a bit sad but yet happy at the same time if that makes sense.

I really feel you've captured what I've been like for the past few years. You really have. I am so happy you see light coming my way in the near future. Thanks! :D

Pam O

I'm very glad to hear that the reading meant something to you :) Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I think it's all about not being in you head too much but acting with the part of you that is connected. I'll pm you about the original.

Hi BrightEye,

I appreciate you doing my drawing and my reading so very much. You are the best! :thumbsup:

I am offering up a reading for you. You have been doing so many readings for others...

More discussion by PM! :)

haleyw

Yours, haley, has the rather poetic title 'Embrace of the Bird King'. When I was drawing the image, the idea of 'embrace' was very clear to me early on but what you needed to embrace was less clear, except that it was something that was very foreign or different to what you are used to. The Bird King only became visible right at the end. As the drawing progressed, the embrace also became mutual, and at the very end the title suggested that this strange Bird King was the main actor in this little dance.

In short, the drawing suggested to me that you should embrace the unknown, perhaps in the form of opportunities coming your way, or maybe in more spiritual terms, because you will succeed. There is help from the other side in the form of this Bird King, who may be nothing more than a new way of seeing the world. I got the impression that there was something that was causing you pain or discomfort at the moment (that thorn-like thing sticking out in the middle made me think that), but that can be overcome engaging in this little dance. I drew the actual embrace in red because I felt that was where emotion or passion was concentrated.

I don't know if any of this makes any sense, but I hope you enjoyed the drawing and the reading. Thanks for sitting and for being patient.

Wow! I love that picture!

I'm feeling out of sorts spiritually, emotionally, etc. I've been stressed because I have got exams this week and other pressures, however, I'm actually going to Greece next week for a holiday, for a month. It's my spiritual home, so it could mean something about that. I also, keep on getting told that I am going to be meeting a new guy, who is nothing like my usual type, so maybe has something to do with that? That's all that's coming to me at the moment, but of course I'll make sure to update as things progress.

Many thanks for taking the time to do this for me. :heart:

BrightEye

Wow! I love that picture!

I'm feeling out of sorts spiritually, emotionally, etc. I've been stressed because I have got exams this week and other pressures, however, I'm actually going to Greece next week for a holiday, for a month. It's my spiritual home, so it could mean something about that. I also, keep on getting told that I am going to be meeting a new guy, who is nothing like my usual type, so maybe has something to do with that? That's all that's coming to me at the moment, but of course I'll make sure to update as things progress.

Many thanks for taking the time to do this for me. :heart:
Thank you for the feedback and the kind words :) It really could be the new guy (yes, do keep us posted :D) but I feel it could also be any experience that makes you feel out of sorts at first. Perhaps you will meet this guy in Greece?

BrightEye

Hello!

Wow, I got goosebumps while viewing that picture. I can tell you that I've had a horrible past three plus years. Horrible, absolutely horrible. Two relationships ended very badly that broke my heart. One relationship we were friends for a few years before that time, then we turned romantic, she broke my heart and ended things abruptly. My very best friend who helped me heal my heart over this relationship... we ended up turning a little gray and she went through something very personal in her life so she stopped communicating with those close to her. We haven't talked in a long while. Both of these relationships just four years ago I considered the most important in my life, minus my family relationships and both crumbled. It was very difficult to recover. I have gotten over the romantic relationship, most certainly. The best friend I was gray with, not totally but I'm getting there. Although I've been told we will talk again in the future.

Then there's my health... one major surgery a year and a half ago that altered my hormones and really caused my mental health to be a bit shaky with some anxiety and slight depression. Then GI testing for anemia that they cannot find the cause for. Then I recently had what should have been a simple tooth extraction turn into a dry socket (horrific pain) that still is bothering me. lol I have just had some bad luck.

Both the emotional dynamics and health have really tested my strength and even faith for a few years now. However, I DO feel like I am finally turning a corner, literally closing not only a chapter of a book, but finishing an actual book. :laugh:

I do feel some light at the end of the tunnel and a new chapter of a new novel beginning for me. :)

Still, the past has been not so fun and while it's tough to let go of some of that pain, and even learn to trust again as far as new relationships are concerned, it still makes me a bit sad but yet happy at the same time if that makes sense.

I really feel you've captured what I've been like for the past few years. You really have. I am so happy you see light coming my way in the near future. Thanks! :D

Thank you for the detailed feedback, APT. I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time. I forgot to mention the little leaf that's growing by the sphinx's paws. Can you see it? I felt it emphasized the idea of something new growing. It's fragile at the moment, but it also seems protected and sheltered :) I wish you well on this journey.

BrightEye

MandMaud - 8 July 2014

I have been looking at your drawing for a couple of days now and I must admit that I can't see anything. I've given it the title 'Sleeping Stone' because I'd just come back from a walk and on my walk I passed an auction house. I had a closer look in the window because I was drawn to an oddly shaped piece of white marble that turned out to be the head of a woman. The features of the face were indicated only very slightly. The artist is Gerda Fromel. (You can find some info here: http://www.tcd.ie/artcollections/assets/pdf/FROMEL.pdf) The sculpture fascinated me so much that it made its way into your drawing. The features of the drawn head are more pronounced and clearer, also more pointed, than those of the sculpture.

The only thing I get from the drawing is the notion that perhaps you need to wake up from something or to something. Perhaps you are on the brink of some great revelation that is too scary to look at. Perhaps you are petrified, you are afraid to make a move on something that is important, possibly life-changing, but also scary, and perhaps you feel safer in your stony sleep.

Sorry, this is all a bit lame and vague, but perhaps you see more than I do?

MandMaud

I have been looking at your drawing for a couple of days now and I must admit that I can't see anything. I've given it the title 'Sleeping Stone' because I'd just come back from a walk and on my walk I passed an auction house. I had a closer look in the window because I was drawn to an oddly shaped piece of white marble that turned out to be the head of a woman. The features of the face were indicated only very slightly. The artist is Gerda Fromel. (You can find some info here: http://www.tcd.ie/artcollections/assets/pdf/FROMEL.pdf) The sculpture fascinated me so much that it made its way into your drawing. The features of the drawn head are more pronounced and clearer, also more pointed, than those of the sculpture.

The only thing I get from the drawing is the notion that perhaps you need to wake up from something or to something. Perhaps you are on the brink of some great revelation that is too scary to look at. Perhaps you are petrified, you are afraid to make a move on something that is important, possibly life-changing, but also scary, and perhaps you feel safer in your stony sleep.

Sorry, this is all a bit lame and vague, but perhaps you see more than I do?

It's strange, I've hardly been here for about a week, and today without really having the time this afternoon, something made me check in - and also I've been ignoring this thread's showing "unread", knowing I was quite a way down the queue... but I clicked on it anyway and you have just posted my drawing 6 hours ago!

I have one or two responses beyond what you've seen, but I'm not really sure what to make of it either. :)

I don't feel afraid (I do know that doesn't mean I'm not, that could be what I'm not looking at!). But I am living with two knowledges: on the practical side, everything is on my shoulders and if I screw up it will all collapse - this is the reality, not my emotional reaction, and in fact how I feel about it is rarely fear or anxiety, most of the time it's enjoyment, the power of being the decision-maker, the celebration of this freedom (only freedom is so dangerous, after all) and of the fact that overall I have succeeded since stepping into this role a year or so ago.

So that's my situation in "real world" terms. On the spiritual side, I am certain I'm on the brink of something. I'm sure that when I recognise it, I'll say I knew it all along. One of those things. I'm not particularly impatient, it's a natural development (though not gradual, like shedding a skin for the next one); I do feel its time of "revelation" is not far off now; when I imagine how it may change my life, the role it may push me into, that scares me a little - but I know that's the now-me feeling scared, not the me that will be doing it. If that makes sense...! Sometimes, I'm impatient instead.

Other thoughts. My first feeling was disappointment, sorry! and when I thought about why, it is only that there's no colour. Nothing else about the picture disappoints at all. Then I imagined the shape without a face on, and saw a baby's back - newborn, you know that curve they have when very small? The kind of "waist" halfway up makes it very sensual and warm when I see it as a baby. Not trying to interpret here, just throwing out responses. Next (or could have been first), I was embarrassed by that great high forehead! As a child I was self-conscious about being "clever", it was uncool to like learning and to do well at school, but it was the only part of me that I knew was of any value, so I had very much a love/hate relationship with my own intellect and I'm sure that's why the brow here made me react. I'm ignoring that it reminds me of the classic "alien" face with the very high head and slanty eyes. ;)

Do you think your drawings pick up on my energy when I posted asking for a drawing, or my energy while you were doing it? Or neither? I've been in and out of flare-up almost a week, and if your couple of days is literal, two days ago I was getting sunburnt, waiting around for hours for my son's 21st birthday treat, which was an odd day as my ex was there with his new wife and her daughter, plus my son's girlfriend with her parents and sister... odd to have all the families/parents thrown together to make smalltalk for hours! (It was a skydive and it's pot luck how long you wait on the day.) I'm wondering if that somehow shut me off from "emanating" whatever it is that you're tapping into with these.

I like that there is the shadow; makes it 3D, gives it context. Context ("setting", I suppose) is as important as colour.

Just realised that the face you drew is sexless; it has been female to me to the point that I didn't even think there was an option. (Despite that little "moustache" shadow!) Did you feel it to be female or male?

I like the mouth. I like the pointiness. I like the impression of bowing, genuflecting almost, to some light source. And the sense that this head, this person, is emerging from something like a curtain or backcloth. Emerging willingly...

The more I look at the mouth, the more i like it.

The only other thing is the nose - like the gnomon of a sundial. I could say a knife, a wing or fin, the keel of a boat - but it was sundial that struck me first. This seems almost the most significant thing of all. But I haven't a clue what it signifies. :laugh: I'd like to...

Does any of this help you see any more? I'd love to know if/when you do get anything. Or maybe the sculpture inveigled its way too much into your work...? :) Did you see that before drawing, or before naming it?

Thank you for the link to Gerda Fromel; glancing at some pencil drawings of hers, this is very like on first impression - I'll read up some more as well. And thank you for drawing for me! You've given me something to ponder for at least as long as you already have pondered it... :)