What's in a name? Lexigrams

Royal Cat

I had never heard of Lexigrams before... interesting concept.
I just wanted to mention that you can also try plugging your name into an anagram generator like this one: http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html

I'm not sure if having a program find the words for you defeats the purpose of using your intuition... But, you'll be provided with a huge list of possible words and phrases that you can browse. By plugging in my birth name I obtained the humorous, though slightly disturbing
"ME RAM MAD COW NY" as well as
"A ARM BY COW MEND"

(I never knew cow's were so handy to have around - wow, mending arms!! What else can they do?) ;)

Cat

miss_apples

Re: for Miss Apples

purple_scorp said:
IF
I ATE
AN ANT IN
A TIN AT TEA,
I FIT IN AN INN
IT NEAT, IT TEA.
IF I ATE A FIN IT A
FATE AT NINE. I
FAINT, I FAN.
A FEAT, IT
FINE
IF

edited to add: btw - finite is in your name, as is tafe (that's where I work...LOL)

:)) I'll just have to live with the fact that my name is comical...means I have a good sense of humor.

purple_scorp

Dear Miss Apples,

when your stomach starts to ache from all of the laughing, try adding your surname to give you more options.

purple_scorp (ew....I just spotted the word LOSER in my name...ouch....may have to expand it to purple_scorpion, so as I can say LOSER, NO)

Phoenix Rising

Hi Purple Scorp
I've just read Linda Goodmans Starsigns book, it's great. Interesting because I've been searching for her book for 2 years. Then because I'm in Lunalafeys Astro-twist study group, I thought that i had better get a book on Astrology, I was also thinking that day, "I wonder if i can get a book that has astrology, numerology and other esoteric subjects in it"?so went to a local secondhand bookshop that same day and low and behold Linda's Starsigns was staring me in the face.

It's fun trying to find words in our names, but I think it will be a bit of a challenge to put it in a phrase or sentence.
My name contains EVIL VILE LIVE LIE in it so I would most probably try and reword it to suit myself. Although I don't have YES or NO in my name. My first name is LUCILLE so the words that called out was I LIE ICE LICE. Although I must itmit I have told alot of those "Little White Lies" so as not to hurt the other person, or excuses for not going out with them, actually probably one of those "LWL" everyday..hehehe yeh I guess it's true. Oh and TRUE is another word in my Whole name.

So it will take a while to Lexigram my name I think, although i only have 11 letters including 4 vowels.

OakDragon

This is a cool thread! I love playing around with words. I'm going to try this when I get home. :)

amyel

well, I'd have to use my entire name to get anything meaningful out of this. The curses of a short name: Amy

A my

May

may (as in "I may. I may not")

yam (which are yummy)

Am I missing any????

purple_scorp

Hi Amy,

if you use your AT name, you get:

AM LAME MALE

purple_scorp

Aura Wolf

purple_scorp said:
Hi Amy,

if you use your AT name, you get:

AM LAME MALE

purple_scorp

Don't forget YALE! Are you of high intelligence, amyel? :D

P.S. My name is Amy as well. Such a pain.

Phoenix Rising

There are some really interesting Lexigrams around, if you do a search on the web you will see.
It's the intuition that is supposed to guide us when we're spiralling our names or phases. Words just sort of jump out at you. I came up with "I will never live near water" Which is true because I have a fear that there will be a flood or tidal wave. but that goes back to a past life.
and "I want to write" And eventually I would like to write a book.
It was interesting also in the book, Linda was taught by the ancients that "English" was the first language, but when the "tower of Bable" was built, then we all separated and had different languages. The "Word Druids" as she refers to all of the time, kept the hidden meanings within the English language.
I do recommend to read her book "Linda Goodmans Starsigns. Also in the word "Earthlings" She got "Star Signs" out of it. The Numerology section is very interesting too. It is very insightful into discovering things about ourselves, which really is the ultimate of our lifes purpose. "Know who you are"

purple_scorp

Phoenix Rising said:
Words just sort of jump out at you. I came up with "I will never live near water" Which is true because I have a fear that there will be a flood or tidal wave. but that goes back to a past life.
and "I want to write" And eventually I would like to write a book.
Wow, Lucille, me too on both counts!

Phoenix Rising said:
I do recommend to read her book "Linda Goodmans Starsigns.
I have three of her books. BTW - have you been to Lindaland? I felt as though I'd come home when I recently discovered it. There is a forum with several categories where you can post and discuss everything from her books. Here's the link:

http://www.linda-goodman.com

purple_scorp