EPIPHANY! A New Take on the Major Arcana

GypsyFaerie

I see there was a little activity in here in 2013. You all may be interested to know that I'm putting together a digital book based on the thinking here, and have commissioned a deck to go along with it. We've been working on it for over a year now. I'll keep you all posted with further developments.

Looking forward to seeing how the deck comes out.

re-pete-a

I do like your trilogy idea...A Trilogy of life.

Having experienced quite a lot over the years ,it all seems to fit in with the 3rd path...the path less traveled...

It's possibly necessary to travel all three paths to eventually leave the known world behind...given up, by the Fool, for something better, but less tangible.

I am also curious to see what you have come up with, as well.

agno3

Joseph Campbell + Tarot??

Buy buy buy

dangerdork

7 years of 7 Stations

I just happened to wander into the thread for the first time in ages, and noticed that today and the coming week mark the 7-year anniversary of my sharing this theory. I thought maybe if it floated to the top some folks might be intrigued.

I invite newcomers to the 7 Stations theory to have a look back at the first post and let me know what you think. Namaste!

dangerdork

- bump -

Hoping to reach a new audience. Working on a deck based on this theory.

rwcarter

- bump -

Hoping to reach a new audience. Working on a deck based on this theory.
DUDE! Give us more of a teaser than that after all this time! ;) (Although technically, discussion of the deck should occur in Tarot Deck Creation while it's in progress and Tarot Decks once it's completed.)

MandMaud

I've updated the dangerdorkfile up through post 205. As opposed to my original layout, which I didn't like when I just looked at it again, I utilized the "Show Printable Version" function under Thread Tools and then copied and pasted that into Word. Then I added in the images that have been attached to posts but aren't included in the "Show Printable Version" function.

The formatted document is 133 pages long and 3.35MB. I'm happy to send along to anyone who wants one, just PM me your email address.

I've finished posting to the Mythic Tarot Study Group, so now have time to see how a deck with re-ordered Majors fares with the Seven Stations.

Rodney

I will regret this because it's going to eat into my spare time, but I'm about to PM you for that file. :) Stumbling on this thread, I had just decided to zap the printable version to my kindle and then I noticed this! Rodney, you are wonderful.

dangerdork

the teaser

DUDE! Give us more of a teaser than that after all this time! ;) (Although technically, discussion of the deck should occur in Tarot Deck Creation while it's in progress and Tarot Decks once it's completed.)

Hi Rodney! I think I've touched base with you over the past few years as this project evolved. The original plan was to create an app which helped tarot enthusiasts explore this concept, and I commissioned an artist friend whose work I liked to create a deck to illustrate the app.

So far, we've 20 majors in some stage of completion. My artist friend Rena Hopkins (known as The Divine Iguana to her growing following) has significantly improved in technique and vision over the course of the project, and I'm delighted to share a couple examples of her work as a teaser.

The Star here was the first Major completed, and I adore the image as it is. However, as you can see from The Lovers here, Rena's work has matured so substantially that we've decided to redraft most of the existing majors to provide a more consistent style.

As I play Waite to Rena's Pixie Smith, she'll be creating art as I work to resurrect the dialogue started by this thread. I'm converting an edited version of an old draft of your doc, Rodney, and building a blog and website around it. Hopefully we can generate enough interest to crowdfund a majors-only deck, then a full one, and then the app that was the original vision for the project. But in the mean time my job is to re-invigorate discussion of the 7 Stations approach itself.

I have many hobbies and a day job, so, yes, this has been years in the making - and it may take a couple more. But this project is near and dear to my heart, and both Rena and I share a deep sense of commitment to see it through.

Attachments

• lovers.jpg
    lovers.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 159
  • star.jpg
    star.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 151

rwcarter

Hi Rodney! I think I've touched base with you over the past few years as this project evolved. The original plan was to create an app which helped tarot enthusiasts explore this concept, and I commissioned an artist friend whose work I liked to create a deck to illustrate the app.
Yes, but I wanted you to enlighten everyone else! :p