Fairy Lights - Card Pairs: Knave of Chalices & XXX

thirdlibra

So, this pair between the 2 cards

(Space to hide the pair from a preview)

The Page of Chalices & The Queen of Swords is, I think meant to be a romantic pairing. His romantic side getting past her barriers over her heart.

But, and this may just be my opinion only, looking at the images, I feel as though he maybe played a bit too fast and dirty with her, and THAT'S wh she is defensive now. She is quite young looking, which would seem like a logical pairing with the youthful Page, but, I mean, he plays with BEARS and times them. That could have been some bear whisperer kind of business, but that's not the vibe I get. That bear required some hefty dominance to be tamed, at least at times. I think that kind of impulsive personality didn't work well with the already skittish Queen.

But that's just my thoughts, I'd love some other input too =)

MagsStardustBlack

So, this pair between the 2 Court Cards, The Page of Chalices & The Queen of Swords is, I think meant to be a romantic pairing. His romantic side getting past her barriers over her heart.

fascinating, i always seen the page as a she?

But, and this may just be my opinion only, looking at the images, I feel as though he maybe played a bit too fast and dirty with her, and THAT'S wh she is defensive now.

So you see a relationship story playing out :)

She is quite young looking, which would seem like a logical pairing with the youthful Page, but, I mean, he plays with BEARS and times them. That could have been some bear whisperer kind of business, but that's not the vibe I get. That bear required some hefty dominance to be tamed, at least at times. I think that kind of impulsive personality didn't work well with the already skittish Queen.

Thank you for such an imaginative story ThirdLibra :)

thirdlibra

fascinating, i always seen the page as a she?

So you see a relationship story playing out :)

Thank you for such an imaginative story ThirdLibra :)
Huh, totally is. Well. I got nothing against a little bisexual action.

MagsStardustBlack

I see this page as strong in her belief in love. She is open and thoughtful and sees life and the realm through rosy tinted vision. She believe that there is good in everyone and strives to believe in the best in all creatures and all living things, she moves forward with steady conviction and has no doubt she can bring the message, that love conquers all. The bear i feel is a willing companion. And i feel like here we have Beauty and the Beast. Even the coldest heart is no match for her, love is on its way.

I see that the queen is skeptical of love, she has been down that road before and wont make the same mistake twice. She pints her arrow towards the page. The queen wont give the page the time of day. Come any closer with your romantic notions and your for it.

All of the lights around her head tells me she is over thinking her situation. Her thoughts inflating and stopping her from being open. She is far to clever to ever be caught out by love again. And besides she is very busy with other jobs. balancing her mind means love can have no room in her heart.

The page shows her. 'i have proof' and shows her the bear. This shows the queen that she can be open to love and still remain strong. She is stronger than she thinks and if she opens her heart love will fly high for her.

The pair for me talks about taking a risk. Don't be afraid to get hurt, you are stronger than you think. The feathers in her crown signify flight to me and with the page in the image i feel like 'Give love hope, release your fear and let love fly'

Additional thoughts. The Paige guiding the bear. This may seem far out but i feel like the bear may represent the other lover. He is restrained to a degree although seems calm. I feel like the bear is an offending person either within the law or generally a difficult partner, maybe has constraints placed on him, prison, curfew, giving up bad habits or behavior at home ect, which are for his benefit, and he knows will do him good in the long run. I feel like the bear is asking for a second chance. The queen is unsure, been hurt too much, but she can see a change of heart. Should she give him a second chance? The page says yes.

Well that is just my little old thoughts. Anyone else?

Mags

Bookwight

I'm posting this without having read anyone else's posts. (I'll usually prefer to work through my own thoughts first…unless I'm stuck. :) ) So here goes…

They are walking toward each other, possibly meeting by design, possibly by chance. The page bears a banner, the queen a spear, but each in a ceremonial way. If they meet, it will be peaceful…

The page looks androgynous to me: could be a female with strong shoulders (or shoulder pads), could be a beautiful young man. Either way, the page wears…magenta? I love the ambiguity of that colour. Is it purple or red? Red is the colour of the heart, of emotion, especially anger but also love, while purple is the colour of magic, of the spirit, and sometimes of royalty. Put those two colours together and you have…the Cups! Lovely choice. And the bear, so dark and docile, is it a willing companion? Perhaps the bear symbolises the page’s emotions. Sometimes the Page of Cups has emotions only in tenuous control. There’s great strength and power there, but look how fine a chain that is. And the bear seems to be a step ahead, so are the page’s emotions a step ahead? Their combined posture looks relaxed, but how quickly that could change…

The queen looks like a dancer, and she has the self-discipline of one. She has her thoughts in beautiful control, look how they rise in white streamers around her head. And is that a dove of peace in her hair? She wears a heart pendant, I think—which seems incredibly significant. This queen is about head over heart, but not because she doesn’t have a heart. She does! She knows pain and has learned from it. She treads lightly, gracefully. She is cool and calm, and in control of herself.

The queen seems to see the page, but does the page see her? Her expression looks compassionate to me. She has been in thrall to her emotions before, she knows the cost, she has overcome difficulty and won control of herself. It’s almost as if the page represents her past, or is someone she can help because of her experience. These two figures could complement each other, learn from each other. If the page has trouble controlling that bear (or those emotions), the queen can teach her/him discipline and mental balance. But if the queen takes her self-discipline too far, the page can show her how to let loose.

Bookwight

Oh wow!

I just read your interpretations, and I love how different all of ours are! That just goes to show, the cards can lend themselves to all sorts of moods and thoughts and situations. Maybe in one spread, depending on the position/question/etc, Mag's view of the Queen's thoughts as out-of-control will be the best interpretation. In a different spread, my view that she does have her thoughts in control might be the best interpretation. In yet another spread, thirdlibra's view that the Queen is young and skittish will be the best interpretation.

And I could go on, but I've blathered enough. :laugh: