View Single Post
Resident

LeiifA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
As far as I can tell, the answer is that there is not any attention paid at all to the succeeding sign, unless the ruler of the sign in question is positioned there. That applies to the Whole Sign Houses, so there is no equivalent of the Medieval rule of allowing planets placed within five degrees from a house cusp to be treated as though they were in the next house.

The Hellenistic Astrologers did not use quadrant houses for topical issues, though in the latter part of the period the Whole Sign House position of the MC was taken into account. The use of quadrant houses for topical issues seems to have arisen some time in the late ninth or early tenth centuries, after the Hellenistic period was finished.
Thank you for the reply.

In your personal Astrology work have you seen any reason to include or exclude the 5 degree rule you mention?

In digging around the forum my wife came upon a short thread regarding aspects and latitude. It seems that latitude may need to be considered for conjunctions and oppositions but not so much for other aspects. Am I reading that right?
Top   #425