View Single Post
Resident

LeiifA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
The Lot of Spirit

This Lot indicates your ability to influence the world around you through your own actions. ... The Lot of Spirit became associated with career and public actions because this is the main way that you can influence how well you do throughout your life. This Lot will therefore be of particular importance for the topic of career.
------
Is this a general statement or specific to my chart?
------

Quote:
The Lot lies in Virgo in the Eighth Place. .... All of these configurations will be favourable to some extent and certainly will not be unfavourable. This also means that the Lot of Spirit is configured to the Fourth Place in a favourable way, so it should indicate positive actions by you in building a home and family (and indeed the corresponding real estate).
------
So the eighth (if it is indeed there) is not well placed but the configurations are favorable? Positive actions ... in building a home and family? Well, I am currently in an apartment and my wife's children all move away about 20 years ago. I have the skillset to build a home but lack the resources currently. My family consist of myself and my partner of 30 years. If I don't become less dense that could be in jeopardy also.
------

Quote:
The remaining aspects are a square from the Moon in the eleventh but this is an inferior square. Iíd like some feedback on how far friends and/or sponsors (for example customers in your career) helped or hindered the situation by their actions or created and difficulties when it came to your own attempts to assert yourself, through career or social actions. Iím certainly not sure they would act in this way but it is a possible interpretation of difficulties. At least if they didnít cause issues, I can write that one off. The Moon also rules the twelfth place and as this features in my next comment, Iíll deal with it there.
------
This is an area that is fraught with trouble. When I was doing home repair customers would like me enough to treat me like family. However that had the downside that it also made it so they thought I should do extra work and charge less than someone else. When I was not doing extra they resented that. For some reason when it came down to writing checks for my work they thought I should give them a break even though there was no question if they paid the HVAC guy or the plumber. This was not 100% of the time but more than would be expected.
------

Quote:
The last aspect to the Lot of Spirit comes from Saturn which trines the Lot from the twelfth house. Saturn is the Out of Sect Malefic, as well as being the Ascendant ruler. The aspect is not a threatening one, so it may be that Saturn has little effect here. However, as I have identified Saturn as you being your own worst enemy, in certain circumstances (your actions make things worse), I was wondering if you had any examples of that from a career perspective or where you have tried to act in a socially responsible way but got it wrong. As the Moon rules the Twelfth, it is possible that the square from the Moon to Spirit might signify the actions of enemies or Ďslavesí (employees, or someone simply helping out) which made things worse.
------
Mostly I made things worse by not being the best at estimating costs. My work quality was always good but my estimates were usually for best case and that rarely happens in construction. Another way I made things worse was getting in too much like family as stated above.
------

I would have to say that this lot fits a little better than fortune did but seems a bit positive due to the fact that I don't seem to be able to have that positive of an influence so far. This may be due to me being too focused and not seeing the broader picture or what is coming.
Top   #454