Grizabella's Sacred Seven/ Scrabble Spread

Grizabella

This is a spread I use that to my knowledge, isn't used in quite the same way I use it by anyone I know. I find that it just works well for me and it's a very fluid and versatile way to use the cards. Not all will want to do it, and especially newer readers who probably would do better with only a few cards at a time.

I should probably call this the Sacred Seven Scrabble Spread because it can result in a layout looking like Scrabble or dominoes. :p

It begins with a 7-card past, present, future spread. Just a word about using "past" and "present" positions---if you read on the past and present and the results are very spot on then you can be confident that your reading of the future is also probably on the mark. So anyway, if the person is asking a question that's primarily about the future, then I'll put down 2 cards for the past, 2 for the present, and 3 for the future. However, if the past is the focus of the question, than that will get the 3 cards. Ditto with the present being the focus---it will get the three cards. Say someone is asking about something in the past----then I lay 3 cards past, two cards present, 2 cards future.

If some issue is brought out by one of the cards in particular, then I lay out one or two more cards, branching off the card in question as you would with Scrabble or Dominoes. I can draw up to 6 additional cards off the card in question, but always the limit will be 7 cards in any direction.

If a card in the branch is in question, then again, draw another card or so up to 6 more cards in that branch.

It's got the potential of being a massive spread, but I've never had it go very far from the initial 7 cards. Usually there will be everything in the first 7---sometimes one to 3 more.

This spread is quite useful because people often do ask for more information during a reading and this way you can cover everything in one sitting with just the one spread.

Normally I do try to cover everything in the first seven cards in the spread without drawing more, but IF I do draw more, it will always be in this 7 card pattern.

ETA: I forgot to add one of the options. Sometimes I don't use any positional meanings and just put out seven cards on the question and go from there. I did one like that yesterday where someone wanted a reading on seeing any energies around their love interest. When I get a request like that, there's just not any other logical way to do it.

ETA 2: I sometimes use other designations for the sets of cards, too. It just depends on what's asked and what elements of the question would suit. For instance, rather than "past, present, future" the cards could be sectioned as "his needs, her needs, relationship needs" or any other three issues of a primary question.

I hope all this isn't confusing anyone. It works well for me and I use this spread more than any other, but I realize the way I've described it may be confusing. If anyone who tries it, they can certainly ask any questions they have and I'll be happy to answer.

Rock Joe

Love it! I love spreads with options. And easy to remember too. :D Thanks for sharing.

Citrin

I like this! I like spreads that are kind of open and not so rigid with positions. Definitely gonna try this out.

Grizabella

I forgot to add one of the options. Sometimes I don't use any positional meanings and just put out seven cards on the question and go from there. I did one like that yesterday where someone wanted a reading on seeing any energies around their love interest. When I get a request like that, there's just not any other logical way to do it.

I'll go add this to the first post.

I'm glad you like it. It works very well for me and it's so versatile you can use it for pretty much any question your sitter has for you.

Tanga

...I call this the Sacred Seven Scrabble just because 7 is a sacred number to the Cherokee and many other belief systems and because it can result in a layout looking like Scrabble (or dominoes). ...sometimes I don't use any positional meanings and just put out seven cards and go from there

This is cool Grizabella. And - 7 is a special number for me. :)
Thankyou.
(It's similar to an Alejandro Jodorowski method of reading - except he doesn't structure to patterns of 7).

lightpers

What a wonderful spread, it seems very interesting, i shall try it asap.

Thank you so much, Grizabella :)

magicjack

Hi Grizabella! This is very interesting because I also read the cards this way! I've tried it with 5 but 7 always seems to be the number that works the best. When more info is needed or a question asked I pull and lay them with that card. I agree it flows very well, for me anyway. I work from left to right letting my intuition tell me what is past, present and future. I always called it my free form and never thought about it actually being a spread so thank you. Now it has a name.

Grizabella

Hi Grizabella! This is very interesting because I also read the cards this way! I've tried it with 5 but 7 always seems to be the number that works the best. When more info is needed or a question asked I pull and lay them with that card. I agree it flows very well, for me anyway. I work from left to right letting my intuition tell me what is past, present and future. I always called it my free form and never thought about it actually being a spread so thank you. Now it has a name.

You know what they say about great minds thinking alike. :p My mind is getting on in years, so I don't know how great it is but it's good to see that this makes sense to someone else, too. :)