SAKKI-SAKKI: Six of Cups

M-Press

Well, well...
Coffee, tea anyone?
Sugar? oh, it's with sugar already-just the way kids like it!
and you must have at least one of those cookies! they are hand-made!
:)

Nina*

Ohhhhhhh yes :D

Love this card; it really makes me think about summer, flowers, laughter and doll's, so many (well not SO many ;)) years ago...

Tesseljoan

Hand-made cookies? Yay!

I love the friendly atmosphere of the card, but was at first a bit puzzled by it as well. I mean, why isn't there anyone at this teaparty? And most of all, why am I excluded by a border, which almost none of the cards have (most cards in the deck allow you to 'walk in' so to speak, this one doesn't). when I rad the LWB it started to make much more sense. Those good memories can't be tasted, touched or smelled in any way. Trying that is like doing what those spoons do, trying to scoop up clouds. It won't work, you can only look at it from the outside.

By the way, some little personal association: Even though I identified those black & white shapes as 'clouds' previously, they also strongly remind me of the doodles that I used to make as a child when I couldn't write yet. When I was that age, I remember seeing adults doing all these scribbles and imitated them exactly like in the card and believed it was writing (of course, mom & dad played along -bless them) It is a child's perspective that I can remember, but my experience of reality (in this case writing) has totally altered now. I can't go back to the mindstate that I really believed my scribbles were actually writings, that perspective is lost forever (but still -fondly- remembered)

Mm, I seem to get more of a feeling of 'loss' out of this card today. Any more positive views?

Imagemaker

I love the idea of those black scribbles as play-writing/pre-writing. I took them as scooped out piles of sugar!

The shapes of the teapots make me think of dancing/Disney pots in Beauty and the Beast. A fairy tale tea party where the pot may begin to sing. The cookies make me think of "cooking with Grandma"--making the cookies that were all decorated and special for a family event.

I see the red and white border as a goalpost, for some reason--the goal is the social gathering and sharing.

(went back to this thread and found missing words--fixed!)

M-Press

Imagemaker said:
I love the idea of those black scribbles as play-writing/pre-writing. I took them as scooped out piles of sugar!.
Oh, I love both ideas!
I think this card shows exactly how "the truth is in the eyes of the beholder". And this is of course great, becasue as the eyes change, more thruth is revealed... And " new eyes" is not always someone else's, but our own, at other times...

I like how you give meaning to imagery that was created based on aesthetic reason. The sensitive Inks in the whole deck, are aesthetic driven, but I know they talk not less.... (these are the black and white ink strokes-the scribbling writing, the piles of sugar).

I saw the red border as a design from a kitchen towel, and thought it would give a homey feeling, something we"remember"...

For me this card is one that I have developed with. For example, if I ask "what should i do this afternoon, and this 6 of cups comes up, I know I better grab a friend and meet at a cafe!
The significance of the Sun-in-Scorpio astrological influence, adds a lot to it. It adds this intensity and inner intimacy. When I get this card, i know I can be myself, without the need to edit myself, just like a child. Relationships are intense, with not even a hint of just small talk or superficiality.

I think that whether this card is about loss, or not, it really depends on the eyes looking at it and our past experiences. Yes, we adults lost our childhood, but didn't we gain someone else? Aren't we wiser now? More comfortable in our own skin? and most importantly: we can still "play tea-time", and act like kids in anyway we want! For me this is what this card is about... and it's one of the very few in teh deck that is not exactly RWS looking...
although, the two pots, on bigger one smaller, well, do they remind you of something? ;)
what other associations can there be in this "cup and pot dance"?

Imagemaker

the two pots, on bigger one smaller, well, do they remind you of something

Ah, yes--I'd just gone with the image in front of me, not visualizing the RWS. But I like this re-interpretation :)

Tesseljoan

M-press said:
Yes, we adults lost our childhood, but didn't we gain someone else? Aren't we wiser now? More comfortable in our own skin? and most importantly: we can still "play tea-time", and act like kids in anyway we want! For me this is what this card is about...

That's very true. To stay with the writing analogy, had I stayed in that mindset, I would never have been able to enjoy Charly and the chocolate factory. Had I never moved on from that, I would never have been able to enjoy Kafka and Dostojewski. And although all these points of view seem very different, there is a sameness as well. Pre-writing, books seemed like magic things to me. And they still do. So not all is lost, and a lot is gained.

When I reviewed the card and my comments this morning I realized that the border doesn't necessarily have to be restrictive.. It could be a protective one. Or it could even be that cosey little corner in which we can still play..

although, the two pots, on bigger one smaller, well, do they remind you of something? ;)
what other associations can there be in this "cup and pot dance"?

Heh, they reminded me of mummy and daddy teapot with six little teapots.. But now that you mentioned 'dancing' (and they do seem to be dancing!) I think of the "dance" that we all do in social interactions..

M-Press

Tesseljoan said:
Heh, they reminded me of mummy and daddy teapot with six little teapots.. But now that you mentioned 'dancing' (and they do seem to be dancing!) I think of the "dance" that we all do in social interactions..

he.. he...
very interesting...I made these tea pots to resemble the two kids in teh RWS. One is older/bigger than the other... but yes, they are a boy and a girl, and one day they might as well be standing at teh same place, being parents. This tells me than even as parents, we have always access to our childhood, our memories, and our dreams too... and it's grerat to bring this within our social interactions!

Tesseljoan

M-Press said:
he.. he...
very interesting...I made these tea pots to resemble the two kids in teh RWS.

I always had trouble interpreting the RWS card, this version speaks to me much more (I actually keep this one in mind when I use my Rider-waite).