SAKKI-SAKKI: The Star

M-Press

Hi!
I have been writing about this card in the last few days...
In one of the reviews I read something that I never thought about (nothing new under the stars...), that made me see this card (this specific design i mean), in a very different light...like it does not give the usuall feel of the star... i'll coment more on this later, i want to hear other responses first,, before I "kill" it!

And just for the record, the heroine in the star was one of my first characters. I called her Anna-self portrait. now I call her Anana. Anna was the name of my grandmother, but then i felt that the character looked more like me, so, a fusion between grandma and me?
It's all in the stars....;)

Imagemaker

it does not give the usuall feel of the star.

This Star is like no other, and it brings up for me a significant childhood event. When I was 14 (this girl could be that age) I had a near-death experience by drowning in a lake. In that moment when I stopped flailing, let go of breathing and floated toward death, I lost all fear of dying. I knew that there was life beyond this one. I felt totally happy and peaceful.

It was a Star moment, knowing that all was ok. Then I woke up on the shore, having been saved by my father and uncle.

So for me this card is a reminder that beyond the travails of life (large or small) there is a wonderful place. This girl rises out of the water in new joy and knowing, as I did so long ago.

M-Press

What an incident Imagemaker!
I can only imagine what such event does to someone's "rest-of-life". I'm so glad you were saved! :)

so, does that mean that in the Sakki-Sakki star, the girl is drawning?
Well, this is what I heard.... but in a way I feel that now the "pull-up" that the star does, is even bigger... It's not just something beautiful to look at, but also has power. The fact that it comes right after the Tower, too, is like the new hope after the limbo...

In each and every card, I'm just amazed, time after time, how my intentions (including my subconscious ones) are blended with the new eyes that see it... it's the power of tarot, to tell a story just like you are willing to hear it, because this is the message at the moment.

Imagemaker

the "pull-up" that the star does, is even bigger... It's not just something beautiful to look at, but also has power

Right, it draws her out of the flood (so different than other Stars with little pitchers of water) and she is rising up, reaching up, in new hope.

Love it!

Tesseljoan

Imagemaker said:
Right, it draws her out of the flood (so different than other Stars with little pitchers of water) and she is rising up, reaching up, in new hope.

Yes, that's how I saw it too. The RW Star is quieter. The strength of the Star comes down and manifests itself through the woman in the real world. I beleive this card is more focused on what the Star does inside of us. It agree that its strength can pull us up; to me the Star gives a glimpse into who we really are.