View Single Post
Citizen

MandMaud 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
That's a discussion for Tarot Decks, not Using Tarot Cards. Feel free to start a new thread over there to figure out what deck you're remembering.
Fair point. I daren't start a new thread this week, though! I'm not even posting the new Lenormand question I just wrote, until tomorrow, so as to pace my interaction with AT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Prince of Cats View Post
Well, the more I look at it, it looks like every mystic, esoteric, or whatever has their own "thing". I'm very into the chakras, but not very much a astrology person. I try not to dwell into that, and just trust others on that.
This = me with the Kabbala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Prince of Cats View Post
But, I'm pretty sure, the sun is very fitting for the third chakra.
Yes, that's the thing. Solar plexus n all that. Hm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdork View Post
I'm excited again, too, and right now I'm back to contemplating the Trumps and have forgotten half of what I wrote about the minors over SEVEN years ago... Guess I need to combat my own ADHD and reabsorb the thread.
At least I'm only worrying about days (or is it weeks already) since I discovered this thread!

Quote:
I tried to force this to work with Shakespeare's "Seven Ages of Man" ( http://www.ngca.co.uk/docs/the%20sev...20of%20man.pdf ) but it failed miserably.
Well, if that's supposed to use seven years per Age, the "second childishness and mere oblivion, sans teeth" etc would be at the age of 42 to 49. I trust Shakespeare didn't mean it like that, I know the average lifespan was shorter but surely not!

However, I feel an arithmetic moment coming upon me... I wonder if there's any way of combining them (your system and the Seven Ages). Hm, againly.

Quote:
I happened to develop Type II (Adult onset) diabetes at age 49 (seven sevens) and it damn near killed me.

One thing that this "seven stations" perspective seems to be doing for you guys is, as it did for me, it leads to examining our own lives with fresh eyes in the context of esoteric traditions, as tarot at its best seems to do whatever your perspective.
Yep!

I was diagnosed with Type 1 a month before I turned seven, that's why I knew this statistic. I think it's more random with Type 2. But auto-immune things are so closely bound up with the spiritual body (chakras, yep) and life-thread stuff... hm, thirdly.
Top   #239